midway airlines may be forced to go chapter 7

Apr 17, 2003
looks like time may have run out for midway airlines...bankruptcy adm. has filed for the judge to convert the case to a chapter 7...liquidation...heard the news from a buddy who saw a report in the paper...i hope it doesnt happen..happen to fly them not to long ago..great service!!!

P.S. YOUR OIL PRESSURE IS IN THE RED!!!

----------------
On 4/18/2003 12:27:24 AM Light Years wrote:

Doesnt U gain some slots at DCA and LGA if this happens? I seem to remember some sort of gain for the company even if they ch7...

----------------​

Dude, that''s just plain cold. Better hope that icewater running thru your veins doesn''t freeze up on ya. I''m starting to hope that it does freeze and your heart stops pumping.
I just hope that Dantes saved a spot for you next to Pope Nicholas III.

iflyjetz-
I by no means meant any harm with my post- as an airline employee I feel for the employees of Midway (which I dont think there are that many- I think they began ops this time with three planes) But I seem to remember US signing a nice deal with them that had some sort of benefit for US if they dont survive. The company publicly stated it when people were upset about US bailing them out. They took advantage of a failing carrier- "become an Express carrer, we need RJs, if you dont make it we get your slots, our gain either way"... Dont shoot the messenger! I'm not cheerleading a slot gained by the company that laid me off, I'm just trying to recall what they are getting out of this.

I'm a little taken aback by your post and frankly I'd like an apology. How dare you.

----------------
On 4/18/2003 12:51:42 AM iflyjetz wrote:

----------------
On 4/18/2003 12:27:24 AM Light Years wrote:

Doesnt U gain some slots at DCA and LGA if this happens? I seem to remember some sort of gain for the company even if they ch7...

----------------​

Dude, that''s just plain cold. Better hope that icewater running thru your veins doesn''t freeze up on ya. I''m starting to hope that it does freeze and your heart stops pumping.
I just hope that Dantes saved a spot for you next to Pope Nicholas III.

----------------​

First; who says they even made it to heaven?

Second; I hope every airline flying goes down and U survives in spite of it all.

Third; Self righteous drivel carries no weight.

Love...Cav

If you have or know the link please post it. Midway currently flies five RJ''s for Airways and removing them from service would effect the schedule. Most JI flights operate thru DCA.

----------------
On 4/18/2003 8:51:12 AM cavalier wrote:

First; who says they even made it to heaven?

Second; I hope every airline flying goes down and U survives in spite of it all.

Third; Self righteous drivel carries no weight.

Love...Cav

----------------​

Read Dante''s Inferno. Your first question will be answered. Hilarious response though.

On the second point, there are a lot of people on the U board hoping for the same. More than all other airline boards combined. Considering that U came dangerously close to liquidation, I find the behavior all the more baffling.

Third point, yeah, whatever.

----------------
On 4/18/2003 7:05:51 PM the turtle wrote:

Sorry, Bored.

Mesa could easily absorb the five jets...they have added ten crj''s to the USAir system since Jan...to be flown by mainline pilots, I might add.

----------------​
Turtle,

It still doesn''t hurt to hope that the contracting ends someday. And just remember, of the 465 RJs that Mainline gave scope relief to, only 140 will be flown by contract carriers. Now I could be wrong, but I belive that the 140 includes the 70 that were already being contracted out, so keep counting you don''t have too much further to go.

Hate to say it, and I feel for all those that work there, but one less contract carrier is NOT a bad thing. Infact it would be a very good start.

Sorry, Bored.

Mesa could easily absorb the five jets...they have added ten crj''s to the USAir system since Jan...to be flown by mainline pilots, I might add.

Yeah, I read that too. Latest newsletter, wasn''t it?

It doesn''t make much sense, though. I haven''t really counted the other contract carriers (CHQ/TSA/Midway) but Mesa currently has 32 ERJ''s (with four more due to arrive this year...which we''ve been told will be it for that airframe), plus an additional 70 rj''s to be a mix of CRJ 200/700''s, which the company gets from the HP operation (CRJ200''s, being replaced out there by 700''s and 900''s) and new deliveries (700''s). These birds are to go to PHL, where our portion of the j4j''s guys are.

Like I said, I don''t know about CHQ and TSA, or the j4j staffed Republic and Midway, but I''d imagine the total will be consideribly higher than 140, just going by Mesa''s numbers.

just received our bids for may....MESA is TDY''ing in DCA...guess we''re covering more of the stuff Midway was supposed to have.