Please Open Your Books To Chapter 7,class

RowUnderDCA said:
I think that Bronner has shown much more compassion than U employees would have gotten from TPG.

[post="170567"][/post]​

"It's a whole lot cheaper for me to have the assets and start over than to have the liabilities," Bronner said. The newspaper said he joked that the remains of US Airways could be used to start a new carrier named "Bama Air" in tribute to his home state of Alabama."

You have issues if you truly believe statements like this constitute compassion. Call it business, but don't call it compassion.

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Firstamendment,
I have to agree with you on everything you have posted! What a wonderful job. The same negative nasty people on here who claim they represent the rank and file of AFA,CWA,IAM and ALPA just do NOT!
When are all of you gonna get a clue? Things are dire now, and most of the people I work with realize that. They are also willing to adjust to the changing, and I stress, changing airline industry.
[post="170511"][/post]​

Let me state first: I sure don't agree with everything Pitbull says and in fact felt her wrath like everyone who dares thinks differently. I think she was wrong with the profit topic because I believe her passion blinds her.

But what you people don't understand is that the rank and file we posters say we represent and the membership pitbull knows all too well, "are indeed" fed up and beyond the point of no return. This doesn't mean they are clueless, it only means they no longer care and why I have been saying the spirit is broken, broken by a bunch of totally inept men out of their element when it comes to running an airline and dealing with people. The entire world sees this, we the employees are not the only ones screaming it. Some believe this is all about union breaking, I personally believe it’s not that complicated and it’s nothing more than totally clueless management at the helm.

This company was finished after Wolf had his day, it’s been dying ever since he decided that UAL was the cure.

WELL IF WE GO UNDER WE HAVE NOBODY TO BLAME BUT THE CEO'S
WHO TOOK THERE MONEY AND RAN.

THANK GOODNESS HUNTING SEASON OPENS SOON SO WE CAN HAVE FOOD
ON THE TABLE TO GO ALONG WITH THE WELFARE WE WILL HAVE TO APPLY FOR.

BAMA AIR...BUBBA AIR....WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE IT WON'T FLY
YOU'LL NEVER GET EMPLOYEES TO WORK FOR FREE.

LET THE CHIPS FALL WERE THEY MAY.

I WORKED FOR THE BIG MONEY BEFORE AND NOW WORK FOR 13.OO
SO I'LL FIND A 13.00 AN HOUR JOB.

SUCH A SHAME TO RUIN PEOPLES JOBS........

CEO GREED.....ENJOY YOUR MILLIONS....

STOP BYE AND FEED US LOWER PAID FOLKS ONCE AND AWHILE

This is not a management problem folks.... This is an idustry problem, and employees have a hard time letting go of yet even more money, because they see no results, in their book... The results are we are still alive. 700 is dead wrong. It doesnt matter how much we have given, if the industry requires us to give more to compete, its that simple. A couple on here obviously never took buisness classes. Folks most of the is BUISNESS 101! Has management in the past made big mistakes? YUP! You can continue to blame this management team, like every single team we have had here. Its not gonna go away. You cant stick you head in the sand. I do believe IAM days at Usair is numbered. Very similar to what happened at Cal Eas and NY Air. I see no reason for anyone to reason with IAM anymore. They are a mute point. They have the right to stand their ground, as liquid as it is, sink or swim. They have chosen to sink. I think we need to respect them for it and call it a day!

I am dead wrong?

Please list one airline where the employees gave concessions voluntarily and the company did nothing else and it survived?

EA was Lorenzo, look up your airline history and all unions ALPA, IAM and TWU went on strike at EA.

Go ask the Departments of Justice and Transportation who is the only Executive BANNED from the airline industry. The answer is Lorenzo.

The bankruptcy that Lorenzo took CAL through the first time prompted Congress to change the bankruptcy laws not to permit what Lorenzo did to happen again without check and balances.

And NY Air was non-union.

And if it is an industry problem why does WN pay their employees the most and have been the only airline to post 30 years plus of profits?

The industry problem is they want the employees to subsidize fuel costs so they don't have to raise prices, it is the only industry that does not pass on increases in operating expenses to the consumer.

usfliboi said:
This is not a management problem folks.... This is an idustry problem, and employees have a hard time letting go of yet even more money, because they see no results, in their book... The results are we are still alive. 700 is dead wrong. It doesnt matter how much we have given, if the industry requires us to give more to compete, its that simple. A couple on here obviously never took buisness classes. Folks most of the is BUISNESS 101! Has management in the past made big mistakes? YUP! You can continue to blame this management team, like every single team we have had here. Its not gonna go away. You cant stick you head in the sand. I do believe IAM days at Usair is numbered. Very similar to what happened at Cal Eas and NY Air. I see no reason for anyone to reason with IAM anymore. They are a mute point. They have the right to stand their ground, as liquid as it is, sink or swim. They have chosen to sink. I think we need to respect them for it and call it a day!
[post="170581"][/post]​

Sure it's an industry wide problem, but isn't that why the CEO receives millions to deal with? Siegel's score card was zero, I could have done as much for way less money. You're not thinking straight if you really believe management is blameless. At this point we could all work for free and still show a loss and then who would you blame? I work with employees who worked at Pam Am, Eastern, Braniff, TWA and everyone said the same thing, it’s the same song different verse, that we are done and giving more will only assure you go out with less.

[post="170574"][/post]​
[/quote]

Why didn't your airline's employees care about us poor passengers paying ridiculous high fares to fly before your gravy train stopped?

Beginning with Colodny, all US employees should've had the price of one walk-up round-trip coach ticket deducted from your salary just to keep you sensitive to how your passengers felt.

Outrageous? Thought so.

"Beginning with Colodny, all US employees should've had the price of one walk-up round-trip coach ticket deducted from your salary just to keep you sensitive to how your passengers felt."

If it makes you feel any better, I have. Oh, not over all those years, certainly. But more than that total has been taken out in the last 2 years.

Jim

The employees of U have given concession in 1992, 2002 and 2003, the past two years alone it is $2.4 Billion. Can you say the same?

usfliboi said:
[post="170581"][/post]​
Man, have you been downing the kool-aid. The industry has problems, no one can deny that. It's management's job to deal with the changes, something that these guys have been totally inept in. They sign the contracts, just like the unions do. Unions can't go back in a year and change their minds, whining that the cost of gas or electricity has gone up. Management should have come up with a plan, as it appears Delta's management has in the short period of their suffering, that takes advantage of the company's strengths and minimizes it weaknesses. As long as this team is in charge of UAIR it has NO CHANCE of surviving; may as well lock the doors tonight. Oh, and by the way, looks like usfliboi is gonna need a new screenname as well. How about "Management Shill"? you could use a picture of the smiling kool-aid guy as your avatar!

whatkindoffreshhell said:

[post="170574"][/post]​

Why didn't your airline's employees care about us poor passengers paying ridiculous high fares to fly before your gravy train stopped?

Beginning with Colodny, all US employees should've had the price of one walk-up round-trip coach ticket deducted from your salary just to keep you sensitive to how your passengers felt.

Outrageous? Thought so.
[post="170591"][/post]​
[/quote]

i bet your company would let us the consumer buy products and have it deducted from your salary.

robbedagain said:

Think I'll change my screen name to CLUE YOU IN, because I am going to Clue You In.

If you think that after the airline industry’s shake down there will remain $49 tickets to anywhere on the planet you are dreaming. It's a dog eat dog world out there and the LCC giving tickets away for ridiculously low prices is unsustainable long term, trust me this too will end and the LCC will become the Legacies and the story will replay with different names.

cavalier said:
Let me state first: I sure don't agree with everything Pitbull says and in fact felt her wrath like everyone who dares thinks differently. I think she was wrong with the profit topic because I believe her passion blinds her.

But what you people don't understand is that the rank and file we posters say we represent and the membership pitbull knows all too well, "are indeed" fed up and beyond the point of no return. This doesn't mean they are clueless, it only means they no longer care and why I have been saying the spirit is broken, broken by a bunch of totally inept men out of their element when it comes to running an airline and dealing with people. The entire world sees this, we the employees are not the only ones screaming it. Some believe this is all about union breaking, I personally believe it’s not that complicated and it’s nothing more than totally clueless management at the helm.

This company was finished after Wolf had his day, it’s been dying ever since he decided that UAL was the cure.
[post="170571"][/post]​

Thank you for a very intelligent and thought provoking response. This is what is missing.

700UW said:
Because the employees don't set fares, management does.
[post="170592"][/post]​

Not exactly.

Nearly 300 million Americans, the buying public, sets the fares.

The employees don't set the fares.

Management doesn't set the fares.

The consumers set the fares. Your airline was too slow to adapt. Divide up the blame however you want.

If management set the fares, do you really think that U, UA, AA, DL and all the other legacy carriers would be in such a soup?