Mission Critical Fights?

phllax

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
I am scheduled to fly PHL-LAX on Tursday morning on 797, which is the continuation of the TLV flight. We all know that another round of snow is forecasted, and PHL is not on the advisory list yet.

Considering the large number of thru pax the flight has, do they consider this leg a "mission critical" one where they will do all they can to get it out and completed?

phllax said:
I am scheduled to fly PHL-LAX on Tursday morning on 797, which is the continuation of the TLV flight. We all know that another round of snow is forecasted, and PHL is not on the advisory list yet.

Considering the large number of thru pax the flight has, do they consider this leg a "mission critical" one where they will do all they can to get it out and completed?
I assume that you realize this is not a thru flight. The TLV-PHL flight is a 332 and the PHL-LAX flight is a 321 - they just use the same flight #. Both flights operate independently and one will not affect what happens to the other. The PHL-LAX departure may be held for a short period IF there happens to be a significant number of inbound TLV passengers transferring.

When a ground delay program is issued our airline will look at flights with international connections and move them up on the list so they dont take to much delay if any . This does not always work out because the program is based on your arrival time to Phl and the demand and capacity of Phl during that hour . I wish i had a better answer for you but your really only going to be able to tell the day of your flight and a few hours before due to the changing conditions . 

Best of luck

The closest thing to a real "Mission Critical" flight are really on the last leg of the day, since the aircraft needs to be in place for overnight maintainence and to start the next day.

Based on what I have seen over the years, it seems that the top priority is to get the international flts out, which is understandable.

Back