Updated Flight Attendant Sick Policy

etops1 said:
YOUR DEFINATELY RIGHT . I E-MAILED THE COMPANY ABOUT THIS ISSUE. THEY SAID THAT IT WAS VERY INEFICIENT TO HAVE A FENCE. THEY TRIED TO GET RID IF IT LAST YEAR BUT COULD NOT GET AFA TO AGREE. THEY SAID THAT MOVING FOWARD THE COMPANY HAS TO CREAT A MORE EFICIENT OPERATION AND REMOVAL OF THE FENCE IS A MAJOR ITEM THAT IS NEEDED. SO LOOK FOR THE FENCE TO BE GONE IN 2005. :up: MY SOURCE WAS JERRY GLASS.
etops,

Who ever told you that AFA would not agree to taking down the fence IS A LIAR!!!

I sat in those negotiations, we have the notes. Ask Austin, it was her idea to take the fence DOWN. Managment stated, it had no cost significance and was worth LESS than $1m per year in savings to the co. Ask any LEC Pres.

Management is making excuses for there intellectual inadequacies and inability to plan ahead. And they love to blame the union leaders to the employees when they think AFA is not looking or hearing.

YOU KNOW WHAT PITBULL . YOUR A VERY NEGATIVE PERSON. WHY DO YOU EVEN WORK HERE IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH? I HEAR JETBLUE IS HIRING.

etops1 said:
YOU KNOW WHAT PITBULL . YOUR A VERY NEGATIVE PERSON. WHY DO YOU EVEN WORK HERE IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH? I HEAR JETBLUE IS HIRING.
Guess I beat that dead horse. LOL...

Answer: 23 years worth here. Just humbly voicing an opinion . <_<

Clue,

Started with the "wet lease" program with British Air. Separate Division International flying and Domestic. Save management money by not having to train ALL f/as on the property International along with domestic. Fence put up.

MMW,

Where's my coffee? :p

Pittbul,

I will giveyou the "hammering" in regards to sick calls, but NOT regarding being in base.

These senior people have to endure the same that the junior do which is being in base.

If you are out of base, then you should be fired. That is the same as claiming to be at the office and not showing up.

Reserves are paid to sit reserve in base, not across the country.

Sorry, reserves that are willing to do what they are asked are waiting at the door.

PIT I WOULD LOVE TO BE ON A LAYOVER WITH YOU AND HAVE A FEW BEERS CAUSE YOU SOUND LIKE A HOOT TO BE AROUND WITH. AS FOR CAROL AUSTIN WANTING THE FENCE TO BE DROPPED . THATS FUNNY CAUSE I SPOKE TO HER ONCE ABOUT THAT AND SHE SAID SHE WANTS THE FENCE TO REMAIN.

etops,

Carol brought it up in our negotiations with mangement. They said it had such little savings because you had to offset the fact that the co. would then have to train all f/as International service and equipment qualification. So, it was insginificant back in summer of 2002. But, AFA never anticipated 5,200 furloughs. When they took the "no furlough" language from us in the summer restructureing agreement, they said that the attrition rate would take care of any future furloughs. That was a lie. Now it makes sense to take the fence down. Management won't do this because of the added training costs.

First off, let's make one thing clear........we are NOT short staffed, especially if only 20 reserves out of 1800 made their time for the month.

MMW,

Don't you start up with me again. The new reserve system took effect in November. So you do admit furlough may be necessary and a FURTHER reduction will occur? Does that mean a Vol. furlough offer????

Where's the coffee you promised? :angry:

You think there is NO problem???

Watch the spike in sick calls over the next week.

There is not a shortage of f/a's obviously if no one is making more than guarantee.
Should more be cut? NO WAY

Something is wrong, but I don't know what it is.
Are the f/a's to blame? some, yes
Is the union to blame? to a small degree, yes
Is the company being unreasonable? A tad.

What would you do if you are losing money due to people being out of base?

No one is really talking about that aspect, because they no it is wrong.

etops1 said:
PITBULL< is stating the facts pure and simple. She has worked hard VERY hard for the F/A group. Your angry is over the fact that you have no senoirty and some how want to be compensated for it. Its part of this industry!! If your so enamored with Jetblue- go fly for them...they fly to San Juan- maybe you can be a LODO over there....And yeah, btw, please stop screaming on here. In case your not aware, typing in all caps is like SCREAMING AT SOMEONE!!!!

BoeingBoy said:
If you work Monday-Friday and feel ill on Saturday, do you call your boss then to tell them you won't be in on Monday, or do you wait till Monday to see how you feel.
Don't you have scheduled days off also? We are not talking about you calling in sick on your days off, we are talking about you calling in sick when you are ON DUTY!

Pitbull,

Ironic that they( the company) made that statement about having to train all the F/A's to be on Int'l. Save money.....please! In the 2 years that I've been on ITD there have probably been about 10 supplemental bids each with new F/A's coming on that had to go through the 4 day training program......how is that saving money? That obviously is not going to change anytime soon....we just had another supplemental bid for January 04' I think monkeys could do a better job at determining staffing levels!

sorry won't type in caps and i do not want to work for jblue. i am perfectly fine here at airways. merry christmas :D

Whatnow? said:
I've got to put my 2 cents worth in on this one. I think you need to find out a little more info on the new F/A reserve sytem before you ( a non F/A) dictate the system in your own words.
I am pretty well versed in matters of scheduling. And in my example I stated, "If I am showing 12 active, available and legal reserves available to call, should I have to call all 12 to cover a 757 trip!"

Latest posts