Moody's Downgrades

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
WASHINGTON, April 9 (Reuters) - Citing weak financial performance, Moody's Investors Service (News - Websites) downgraded or withdrew about $3.2 billion in US Airways (NasdaqNM:UAIR - News) aircraft-backed debt on Friday in another sign that as far as markets are concerned the jury is still out on the airline's restructuring effort.

The action by Moody's reflects ongoing concern about cash-flow at the carrier, which lost $98 million in the fourth quarter and is retooling its business plan a year after exiting bankruptcy to meet stiffer competition from low-cost carriers.

Moody's said in a statement that the downgrades highlighted a combination of continued weak financial performance, the need to further cut costs and low aircraft values industrywide, which potentially heighten risk for US Airways' debt holders.

A US Airways spokesman, however, said the lowered ratings will have no impact on the No. 7 U.S. airline's ability to meet covenants of its post-bankruptcy financing, which are crucial for its survival and have already been restructured. But debt downgrades can affect a company's ability to attract capital and future financing.

In a filing on Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission (News - Websites) , US Airways said chief executive David Siegel made $600,000 in salary and took no bonus in 2003. He also has a restricted stock plan currently worth less than $5 million, but he cannot sell or transfer any shares until 2005 at the earliest.

Siegel is renegotiating his contract and says he is willing to accept a deal similar to those offered to his counterparts at low-cost competitors.

700UW said:
WASHINGTON, April 9 (Reuters) - Citing weak financial performance, Moody's Investors Service (News - Websites) downgraded or withdrew about $3.2 billion in US Airways (NasdaqNM:UAIR - News) aircraft-backed debt on Friday in another sign that as far as markets are concerned the jury is still out on the airline's restructuring effort.

The action by Moody's reflects ongoing concern about cash-flow at the carrier, which lost $98 million in the fourth quarter and is retooling its business plan a year after exiting bankruptcy to meet stiffer competition from low-cost carriers.

Moody's said in a statement that the downgrades highlighted a combination of continued weak financial performance, the need to further cut costs and low aircraft values industrywide, which potentially heighten risk for US Airways' debt holders.

A US Airways spokesman, however, said the lowered ratings will have no impact on the No. 7 U.S. airline's ability to meet covenants of its post-bankruptcy financing, which are crucial for its survival and have already been restructured. But debt downgrades can affect a company's ability to attract capital and future financing.

In a filing on Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission (News - Websites) , US Airways said chief executive David Siegel made $600,000 in salary and took no bonus in 2003. He also has a restricted stock plan currently worth less than $5 million, but he cannot sell or transfer any shares until 2005 at the earliest.

Siegel is renegotiating his contract and says he is willing to accept a deal similar to those offered to his counterparts at low-cost competitors.
Good info 700, You seem very interested in the downfall of this company that employs you, Hope you have alternative plans!!!!! :D

What is your problem? Rush got you brainwashed?

This is a us airways forum, let me explain it to you, that means you post information relevant to us airways, as the article I posted is.

Postive or negative, it gets posted.

Lighten up.

And don't worry I have a plan b.

700UW said:
What is your problem? Rush got you brainwashed?

This is a us airways forum, let me explain it to you, that means you post information relevant to us airways, as the article I posted is.

Postive or negative, it gets posted.

Lighten up.

And don't worry I have a plan b.
No problem here,700! There you go.....Rush has me brainwashed ;) BLAH!..BLAH!..BLAH... Yes, this is a usairways forum, and you do not agree with anything i may post, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE!!! LOOK back..... I have agreed with you, 700, but you will not accept that!!! YOU, are the one who will not accept my opinion. GOOD DAY!!!!!.....MORE LATER!!!!