More Caribbean Service from PHL and CLT

MarkMyWords

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
In addition to the recent announcements of increased service to BOS and new service to LGA we will be expanding our Caribbean service in PHL and CLT as well.

US AIRWAYS CONTINUES CARIBBEAN EXPANSION;
NEW FLIGHTS TO BE ADDED FROM PHILADELPHIA AND CHARLOTTE
ARLINGTON, Va., July 17, 2003 -- US Airways will begin service on four new Caribbean routes beginning in December 2003, further expanding options for customers to reach the airline''s 25 destinations in the region.
Service between Philadelphia and Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos Islands will begin on Dec. 13, 2003, along with Philadelphia-Cozumel and Charlotte-St. Kitts service. Charlotte-Antigua service will begin on Feb. 14, 2004. All new service will operate on Saturdays only using Airbus A320-family aircraft, and is subject to foreign government approval. These new routes provide our customers with additional access to the Caribbean, not just from Charlotte and Philadelphia, but throughout our system via convenient connections, said Douglas D. Leo, US Airways vice president of international.
US Airways will add flights between Charlotte and Mexico City starting Oct. 26, 2003, and between San Jos, Costa Rica, and both Charlotte and Philadelphia on Nov. 8, 2003.

I dont know. After these flight increases PHL will have 20 Caribbean destinations, with probably 11 or so on a daily basis and CLT will have 16 or 17 Caribbean destinations. I am not sure how many CLT''s flights are daily.

2 on saturday one other 6 days MBJ, 2-3-SJU, Saturday 2()GCM, 3-CUN, CZM, AUA, STT, 2-NAS, FPO, BDA, SXM, PLS and PUJ alternate, BZE,

MBJ going to two daily, MEX and SJO coming aboard, according to DOT CLT is the #2 gateway city to the Carribean and MIA is #1, NYC is #3.

kind of interesting PHL''s website lists it as the number 2 city to the caribbean. I was a little shocked at that statement, i would have thought NYC is ahead of PHL and CLT. If i get some time i will count the number of weekly flights from CLT and PHL to the carribbean. Of course it will change dramatically this winter when frequencies are added and 3 destinations are added to CLT and PHL each.

----------------
On 7/17/2003 11:25:54 PM usairways85 wrote:

kind of interesting PHL''s website lists it as the number 2 city to the caribbean. I was a little shocked at that statement, i would have thought NYC is ahead of PHL and CLT. If i get some time i will count the number of weekly flights from CLT and PHL to the carribbean. Of course it will change dramatically this winter when frequencies are added and 3 destinations are added to CLT and PHL each.

----------------​

If we are talking about gateways to the Caribbean served by all airlines, my bet is that MIA is number one.

Latest posts