more cuts

My CWA rep says 282 FT....49 PT systemwide....doesn't breakdown numbers by work units....sorry

Even if we do figure out a way to pax back, there won't be any agents to board the flights. Maybe the company can find a kiosk to perform gate functions, too.

Sad, very sad. My station is losing 3 F/T agents. All the way back to 1977 seniority. 1 agent being laid off has 4 kids. Ouch, is this what they call a soft landing? Labor friendly? Call it what it is really is, HEARTLESS.

Sad, very sad. My station is losing 3 F/T agents. All the way back to 1977 seniority.

Unfortunately, this is what has hamstrung U for years: too much seniority. Laying people off doesn't really solve the problem, but cuts are inevitable for the cartel airlines in this environment.

I know Dave saved the company and all, but at what price? US will merely be a shell of what it formerly was. I've been trying to figure out why everyone spent so much time and energy negotiating a CWA agreement when it looks like we'll all be out of a job anyway. RJs everywhere with express agts, operational stats going down the can, complaints going up (our station will close baggage service office), where exactly do we bottom-out?

20 yrs of seniority means nothing.

INVOL

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/7/2002 6:42:58 PM motnot wrote:

"Sad, very sad. My station is losing 3 F/T agents. All the way back to 1977 seniority."

Unfortunately, this is what has hamstrung U for years: too much seniority. Laying people off doesn't really solve the problem, but cuts are inevitable for the cartel airlines in this environment.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I'm sure those 1977 folks and similars across the nation were very happy they voted YES, dont you?