More From Another Little Birdie - CWA variety

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Here we go again! These people are the scumbags of scumbags. Some day I'll tell you how I really feel LOL. :D :lol: The profoundly sad thing is I'm not even a little surprised by their actions. I'm outraged as you can see. How as a company can you expect loyalty, great customer service when you lead by example like the one below. Oh and while I'm on a full rant here, excuse me but where is the CWA in all of this? Looks like the employees are left twisting in the breeze. Pardon me but just exactly WTF are dues collected for? The CWA needs IMO to get up off it's collective ass and remember they represent companies not named Verizon.

It's bad enough that the employee isn't feeling well all the time but to be left to fight these rat b*stards alone. WTF did they pay dues for for 20 freaking years? If I were this employee I'd crawl so far up my reps arse my hair would be tickling his tonsils and the CWA social club er I mean union should be giving Ron Harbison and Al Hemmingway the same anal probe. It's time for the CWA to take a God Damned stand. It's long time for the union to teach their members how to effectively FLOOD the EEOC with complaints.

Once you get past the fact that Doug Parker would step over your sick ass to shake the hand of some Wall Street guy, then fighting back shouldn't be a problem. Trust me you have tools at your disposal. Go on line. Find them and act.

To make a long story short, I am one of those top of scale employees that Tempe is said to love to get rid of. I also have major - and expensive - medical conditions. (US is self-insured for medical expanses.) a short time ago, Tempe put me on medical leave - against my wishes - and also revoked my previously furnished ADA accommodation. My CWA rep put me in touch with another TOS agent in STL; the company had Medicaled her out after she got cancer (she is in remission). It took an EEOC complaint to get her job back.

A bottom of scale, healthy 22 year old is a lot cheaper to employ than me with xxxx or the woman with cancer in STL. This crap needs to be aired. I don't dare do it because I don't dare to out myself. NOTE: At the request of the provider of this information I had to redact even more information as the fear of retaliation from Tempe has made this individual extremely fearful.

Reactions: 1 person
The CWA has only represented the agents for just over 10 years.

I don't give a damn if they're only represented them for 10 minutes. There job to vigorously represent their members. This I learned from you almost 10 years ago. So you see I did read and remember the lessons in your posts.

I don't hate unions. I hate lazy dues grubbing unions who IMO fail to represent their members. I've read to many PM's & e-mails like the one I redacted and posted. Somebody needs to grab the leaders by the nose and kick them in the ass. Their JOB is to represent you and if they don't then you've got to do it yourself.

If it wasn't for Frank Lorenzo Jr. aka Doug Parker the union could be your worst enemy.

Reactions: 3 people
Represent them against contractual violations, if its not a violation then the company can do that.

Represent them against contractual violations, if its not a violation then the company can do that.

They can also EDUCATE their members on how to file ADA complaints, EEOC Complaints FMLA issues and the like.

It's not that hard to do. In fact last night in under a half hour on line I found out how an individual union member can file their own DFR lawsuit and frankly it isn't that hard or expensive to do. What gets expensive is when it transfers to the Federal Level
The whole system from top to bottom is a rigged deck for the individual worker. From the RLA to the NLRB, the rules governing unions and on it goes. Sad fact is if you want justice you have to go to the one court where the deck isn't rigged and that's the court of public opinion.

You know there was a rime when Tempe had a person who's job in part was to go online and see what I'd written the day before, Now that I've backed away they monitor others. So if you're an employee don't think they don't read the posts here because they absolutely do.

Reactions: 2 people
First of all DFRs are heard in Federal Courts, 2nd the NLRB has nothing to do with the RLA and unionized airline workers.

First of all DFRs are heard in Federal Courts, 2nd the NLRB has nothing to do with the RLA and unionized airline workers.

Not exclusively, I have about 15 articles I found on google that say otherwise. Now there was no specific mention of employees covered under the RLA. So it may be that if you're covered under RLA then the only remedy may be Federal Court, which if correct further proves my point that the deck is rigged against the individual AND the union.

That's why I've always maintained that the only way to get justice is to play cards where the deck is filled with wild cards and most assuredly not rigged. The court of Public Opinion and its spokesperson, the media are powerful powerful tools in the right hands. If the anecdotal evidence is as strong as is claimed where is the CWA??? They should be issuing Press Releases and lobbying the Justice Department to launch an investigation. If, as I believe it is planned and systemic then the CWA should be making all kinds of noise about a civil RICO suit. Sometimes the chest thumping os enough to get a company to stop and with many of the contracts open now is the perfect time to create some leverage. Suppose the CWA/AFA, IAM, IBT, USAPA announce the formation of a joint task force to determine if their is wide spread age discrimination against US Airways employees, Then the unions hire counsel. This takes balls and unions don't want to upset the apple carts as the dues just pour in while the older or sick worker gets in the shorts with no K-Y in sight.

. If the anecdotal evidence is as strong as is claimed where is the CWA??? They should be issuing Press Releases and lobbying the Justice Department to launch an investigation. If, as I believe it is planned and systemic then the CWA should be making all kinds of noise about a civil RICO suit.

That, my friend, would require that the CWA grow a pair. And that it is unlikely, given its track record.

That, my friend, would require that the CWA grow a pair. And that it is unlikely, given its track record.

I'd revise your remark as follows.

"That, my friend, would require that the CWA grow a pair. And that it is unlikely, given its track record unless US Airways gets bought by Verizon"

The real name should be "Verizon Communication Workers of America"

The public doesnt give a rat's behind on what happens to Airline employees, where you were you all when they raped us in bankruptcy court and took our pensions from us?

Your own group was against us employees in their charter.

Most airline unions have picketed stock holder meetings, at airports and it doesnt help one bit and the public only cares about cheap flying, not what our wages, benefits and working conditions are.

And workers comp issues are done at the state level, FMLA is handled by the DOL.

Been there, done that, and have the T-Shirt to prove it.

Here we go again! These people are the scumbags of scumbags. Some day I'll tell you how I really feel LOL. :D :lol: The profoundly sad thing is I'm not even a little surprised by their actions. I'm outraged as you can see. How as a company can you expect loyalty, great customer service when you lead by example like the one below. Oh and while I'm on a full rant here, excuse me but where is the CWA in all of this? Looks like the employees are left twisting in the breeze. Pardon me but just exactly WTF are dues collected for? The CWA needs IMO to get up off it's collective ass and remember they represent companies not named Verizon.

It's bad enough that the employee isn't feeling well all the time but to be left to fight these rat b*stards alone. WTF did they pay dues for for 20 freaking years? If I were this employee I'd crawl so far up my reps arse my hair would be tickling his tonsils and the CWA social club er I mean union should be giving Ron Harbison and Al Hemmingway the same anal probe. It's time for the CWA to take a God Damned stand. It's long time for the union to teach their members how to effectively FLOOD the EEOC with complaints.

Once you get past the fact that Doug Parker would step over your sick ass to shake the hand of some Wall Street guy, then fighting back shouldn't be a problem. Trust me you have tools at your disposal. Go on line. Find them and act.

The STL station manager who was involved with this INCIDENT is not longer with US AIRWAYS. Wonder if she was asked to leave or left on her OWN. Currently she is a SHIFT MANAGER for American Eagle in DFW. I pitty the poor agents that have to work for HER.