More NWA Furloughs!

ExAF

Aug 20, 2002
The news just keeps getting better. More furloughs at NWA announced today. In addition to the 63 for Feb flying, 35 more in April and 25 more in May for a grand total of 693. But hey...Pinacle grew its ASMs by 38% in 2002 and is hiring. Now NWA wants to fund the pilot retirement fund with Pinnacle stock, still won''t pay furloughed pilots their contracturally guaranteed furlough pay (force majeur still applies over a year after the fact), all the while they are laying off mainline pilots. If it wasn''t so sad, it would be funny.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/28/2003 10:49:49 PM autofixer wrote:

You have it good. You still have a pension and 1/3 of your pilot seniority list is not furloughed. Be thankful for what you have!
----------------
[/blockquote]
I wouldn't go so far as to say I have it good since I'm one of the pilots getting furloughed. I don't have any pension from the company yet either. In fact, I'm not even getting the furlough pay that my contract says I'm supposed to get. We only have 11% of our pilots list on furlough so far (vice 1/3), but it seems the company isn't done yet either. Now if I was at Pinnacle, then I would have it good. They are growing (to the tune of 38% last year), hiring and getting new RJs at the expense of mainline jobs. And just for the record, I am very thankful for what I have, it just doesn't have much to do with the miserable airline industry! I think we all need a little more than good luck right now. Prayers are more in order. There, I'm done ranting now....Cheers