more recalls? anyone heard truth or rumor?

pitrescsd

Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I have heard a possible rumor that more recalls to PIT/INT res have taken place, moving the hiredate for recalls to 10/99 now instead of 9/99? Can anyone confirm this?[BR][BR]Thanks[BR]pitrescsd (formerly)[BR]

ITRADE...if memory serves me correct(contract is already pack away waiting for the INT move) if U does not get enough vol or invol res agents in that classification, then the ATO can transfer in based on seniority if they chose either PIT or INT res in their recall package. What happens after that I do not know if there are not enough of these employees to move from the ATO classification to RES classification.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/7/2003 8:27:11 AM MCORORES wrote:
[P]ITRADE...if memory serves me correct(contract is already pack away waiting for the INT move) if U does not get enough vol or invol res agents in that classification, then the ATO can transfer in based on seniority if they chose either PIT or INT res in their recall package. What happens after that I do not know if there are not enough of these employees to move from the ATO classification to RES classification.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P] MCORORES,[BR] It is my understanding, based on the 9/11 CTO closures and ATO downsizing, that for CTO/ATO agents to transfer to RES, ALL furloughed RES agents must be recalled first. The ATO/CTO agents are not trained in RES functions. Those agents would have to go thru nearly "FULL" Res training to be able to work the floor. They would have to be offered positions in RES before any "newhires'' off the street could be brought in. They are "applying" for an out-of-station transfer and any vacancies must be filled by in-station furloughees prior to approval of an OoS transfer. Can anyone correct me if I am mistaken? Thanks[BR][BR]Pitrescsd (formerly)[BR][/P]

Don’t get excited about recalls. 6 year plan still calls for 900 total Res. Agents. They are just patching holes until they outsource more work. Only 50 transferred to INT and PIT form MCO. These opening will only allow 25 year ATO agents in, when the cuts come they stay and you go.

I know we had 1 CTO and at least 3 ATO agents transfer to MCO rez last year, but they were getting ready to hire off the street at the time. All rez agents should be recalled before any ATO/CTO agent gets a transfer. You have to put in a PE66 or whatever the transfer form is and then if there are no more recalls or transfers from rez, you get called in seniority order to fill any remaining positions before they hire off the street. They only call ATO/CTO agents who have a transfer on file too.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/7/2003 1:29:51 PM tadjr wrote:
[P]I know we had 1 CTO and at least 3 ATO agents transfer to MCO rez last year, but they were getting ready to hire off the street at the time. All rez agents should be recalled before any ATO/CTO agent gets a transfer. You have to put in a PE66 or whatever the transfer form is and then if there are no more recalls or transfers from rez, you get called in seniority order to fill any remaining positions before they hire off the street. They only call ATO/CTO agents who have a transfer on file too.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Tadjr,[BR] Thanks for your response on that. This is exactly how I thought the contract worked. ATO/CTO and RES are 2 entirely different departments, each within Customer Service. There has to be a "vacancy" in the agent's status/duty code in order to transfer into said department. And with nearly 500 res agents (not counting the closed/closing centers), a vacancy for ATO/CTO personnel has about as much chance as a snowball in Hades (regretfully enough).[BR][BR]Pitrescsd (formerly)[BR]