Root Cause

sdavis29

Advanced
Nov 13, 2002
222
0
www.usaviation.com
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/3/2003 7:11:52 PM ANNother Voice wrote:
[P]I thought that I would never post a message on this board but I can't believe what I'm reading here today. James Root from CLT writes a letter that the company responds to...which must mean that it is having some affect on voters. Isn't this the same James Root that gave people wrong information about the displacement process after 9/11 that caused our whole displacement process to change, resulting in many of my friends being furloughed to the street instead of moving to other cities like fleet service? His short-sighted approach to his mistake back then has caused many senior employees to hit the streets and now he is at it again but with a potential to send us all to the streets.[BR][BR]I can't believe that anyone would think that the company or RSA is bluffing about liquidation this far into the process. Why wouldn't RSA pull out? They don't have years invested into this company as most of us do, they have millions of dollars at stake. They are going to do whatever they have to do to make sure that they get their returns, which is exactly what we have to do. [BR][BR]Anyone who thinks that voting No means they keep what they have today is not only gambling with their own job, they are gambling with all of our jobs. I for one, have a mortgage and children that are not far from entering college. I've already faced the fact that I'll never have the Piedmont days back...but I can't afford to see this company go under. My friends who lost their job after 9/11 are doing OK but those who were furloughed recently can't find anything...(and they happened to be senior to employees in PHL...thank you James for you insight into screwing the senior employees.)[BR][BR]I can't believe that this guy would have influence over anyone to vote No at such an important crossroad for us all. I'm pleading with all of my co-workers in all groups to go out and look for other work before you vote No. I think it will change your perspective in what our options will be once RSA takes their money and runs.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]if your friends are cwa members,[BR]according to system displacement they could have bumped to phl if that is where the most junior full-time employees were...to be honest with you....very few cust service agts i worked with even know what is in the contract....if you have to follow the rules you should know what they are.[BR][BR][BR][/P]
 
Jan 2, 2003
10
0
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/3/2003 7:59:58 PM ANNother Voice wrote:
[P][BR]I don't mean to sound sarcastic or bitter, I just couldn't believe that I saw his name today when I read the messages and that people were actually listening to him.[/P]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][BR] Apparently no one has credibility with the exception of the skipper.[BR] Look who shows up when skipper drops a dime.[/P]
 

flyonthewall

Member
Aug 19, 2002
56
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 7:11:52 PM ANNother Voice wrote:

Isn't this the same James Root that gave people wrong information about the displacement process after 9/11 that caused our whole displacement process to change, resulting in many of my friends being furloughed to the street instead of moving to other cities like fleet service? His short-sighted approach to his mistake back then has caused many senior employees to hit the streets and now he is at it again but with a potential to send us all to the streets.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Excellent post. For the people who have already voted NO and would like to change their vote, they should contact their local presidents to have allow the CWA members to vote again. The AFA and ALPA allow their members to change their votes. Review the facts and don't vote based upon your emotion.
 
Jan 3, 2003
31
0
I thought that I would never post a message on this board but I can''t believe what I''m reading here today. James Root from CLT writes a letter that the company responds to...which must mean that it is having some affect on voters. Isn''t this the same James Root that gave people wrong information about the displacement process after 9/11 that caused our whole displacement process to change, resulting in many of my friends being furloughed to the street instead of moving to other cities like fleet service? His short-sighted approach to his mistake back then has caused many senior employees to hit the streets and now he is at it again but with a potential to send us all to the streets.
I can''t believe that anyone would think that the company or RSA is bluffing about liquidation this far into the process. Why wouldn''t RSA pull out? They don''t have years invested into this company as most of us do, they have millions of dollars at stake. They are going to do whatever they have to do to make sure that they get their returns, which is exactly what we have to do.
Anyone who thinks that voting No means they keep what they have today is not only gambling with their own job, they are gambling with all of our jobs. I for one, have a mortgage and children that are not far from entering college. I''ve already faced the fact that I''ll never have the Piedmont days back...but I can''t afford to see this company go under. My friends who lost their job after 9/11 are doing OK but those who were furloughed recently can''t find anything...(and they happened to be senior to employees in PHL...thank you James for you insight into screwing the senior employees.)
I can''t believe that this guy would have influence over anyone to vote No at such an important crossroad for us all. I''m pleading with all of my co-workers in all groups to go out and look for other work before you vote No. I think it will change your perspective in what our options will be once RSA takes their money and runs.
 
Jan 3, 2003
31
0
Apparently no one has credibility with the exception of the skipper.
Look who shows up when skipper drops a dime.

_____________________


I wish a dime was all that was at stake.....
 
OP
S

sdavis29

Advanced
Nov 13, 2002
222
0
www.usaviation.com
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/3/2003 7:59:58 PM ANNother Voice wrote:
[P]if your friends are cwa members,[BR]according to system displacement they could have bumped to phl if that is where the most junior full-time employees were...to be honest with you....very few cust service agts i worked with even know what is in the contract....if you have to follow the rules you should know what they are.[BR]_____________[BR][BR]I am a CWA member and I've been here for 23 years. My city has been involved in many displacements and in the recent round of furloughs, PHL was expected to be the most junior. A friend of mine, who has been here for 18 years and is a single mother of 3, sold her house and bought one close to PHL thinking that it was a n-brainer that she would get there because that is where the most junior employees were. OOPS, just so happens that the 4 most junior employees in customer service were in LGA, and only 3 employees bid LGA, so all of the other 200 were furloughed, while junior employees remained in PHL. That is how I know of Mr. Root's name. I don't mean to sound sarcastic or bitter, I just couldn't believe that I saw his name today when I read the messages and that people were actually listening to him.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]no prob[BR]if she had added lga as well as phl she would be in lga correct....as her 2nd choice ...[BR][BR][/P]
 
Jan 3, 2003
31
0
if your friends are cwa members,
according to system displacement they could have bumped to phl if that is where the most junior full-time employees were...to be honest with you....very few cust service agts i worked with even know what is in the contract....if you have to follow the rules you should know what they are.
_____________

I am a CWA member and I've been here for 23 years. My city has been involved in many displacements and in the recent round of furloughs, PHL was expected to be the most junior. A friend of mine, who has been here for 18 years and is a single mother of 3, sold her house and bought one close to PHL thinking that it was a n-brainer that she would get there because that is where the most junior employees were. OOPS, just so happens that the 4 most junior employees in customer service were in LGA, and only 3 employees bid LGA, so all of the other 200 were furloughed, while junior employees remained in PHL. That is how I know of Mr. Root's name. I don't mean to sound sarcastic or bitter, I just couldn't believe that I saw his name today when I read the messages and that people were actually listening to him.
 
Jan 3, 2003
31
0
Hey, maybe everyone that voted for Bush can change their minds too....

___________

I bet you are from Florida...aren't you?
 
Jan 3, 2003
31
0
Yeah, I suppose if you list every city, you'll eventually get something. The shocker for us was that when you research by the seniority list where junior employees are and you know there were 200+ packages given out, you would expect that more than 3 senior people would be able to displace, especially when the bottom 100 employees were in PHL...but unfortunately, the MOST junior 4 were in LGA.

Well, that is life and we move on. If over the next few months, we all lose our jobs, life will move on too. I just can't sit by without voicing my opinion when I see that Mr. Root is having an impact on what may be a career move for me after 23 years. I've never met the man and I'm sure that if he has stepped up to be a local president, that he cares. I just know that he doesn't think things through. A No vote to me in this bigger event amounts to suicide.

If it were up to Siegel, I don't believe he would pull the plug....but with the ATSB, (the government) involved and RSA with millions to lose, I just don't believe that Siegel will be able to prevail. I think he has dazzled these guys like he has dazzled us....but now we are at the 11th hour. Either we come through or it all falls apart. I know that some see it differently and I respect individual opinions, I just get emotional when those opionions have an impact on me and my family. I wish us all luck....and for those of you who think they are bluffing, damn you if you are wrong.
 
OP
S

sdavis29

Advanced
Nov 13, 2002
222
0
www.usaviation.com
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/3/2003 8:41:56 PM ANNother Voice wrote:
[P]no prob[BR]if she had added lga as well as phl she would be in lga correct....as her 2nd choice ...[BR][BR][BR]You are exactly right. The only problem is...after being here for so many years and seeing many furloughs in my station since 1991, the rules have always been there to protect seniority. All of the sudden, the rules changed...but only for us and not the fleet employees. Now, all of the sudden, our rules protect the junior employees. Those of use with more years of service, who are willing to move to preserve our career...can't move because the rules were changed to protect junior employees....not because that is the right thing to do. From what I'm told, the rules changed because this guy gave out wrong information and convinced the union leadership to go after the company to change the rules. We were angry enough because of the change but the rumor is that the union was sued by senior employees affected by the change back after 9/11. I can't believe this guy is still in power. He is the "right now" guy and doesn't have the foresight to see what will happen in the future based on his short-sighted fix to whoever happens to be in his face. See, you are gettin me fired up again. Look at his track record before giving him any credit. Obviously, he is not my local president but he has somebody's ear and he hasn't done any good for us so far....unless you happened to be hired last year.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]i guess i am missing something....if the paperwork was filled out correctly...ie enough station choices there should have been a slot made available....[BR]that is per contract....when i got furloughed, i had a choice of stations..by only choosing one you are very limited..unless you want that as your only choice other than furlough. [BR]as far as furloughs and 1991...same boat here...70 plus flts down to 19..mail frt and express[BR]and a lot of good folks....[BR]good luck....[BR][BR][/P]
 
Jan 3, 2003
31
0
no prob
if she had added lga as well as phl she would be in lga correct....as her 2nd choice ...


You are exactly right. The only problem is...after being here for so many years and seeing many furloughs in my station since 1991, the rules have always been there to protect seniority. All of the sudden, the rules changed...but only for us and not the fleet employees. Now, all of the sudden, our rules protect the junior employees. Those of use with more years of service, who are willing to move to preserve our career...can't move because the rules were changed to protect junior employees....not because that is the right thing to do. From what I'm told, the rules changed because this guy gave out wrong information and convinced the union leadership to go after the company to change the rules. We were angry enough because of the change but the rumor is that the union was sued by senior employees affected by the change back after 9/11. I can't believe this guy is still in power. He is the "right now" guy and doesn't have the foresight to see what will happen in the future based on his short-sighted fix to whoever happens to be in his face. See, you are gettin me fired up again. Look at his track record before giving him any credit. Obviously, he is not my local president but he has somebody's ear and he hasn't done any good for us so far....unless you happened to be hired last year.
 
Jan 2, 2003
10
0
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]
[P][BR]I bet you are from Florida...aren't you? [/P]----------------[BR][BR][FONT face="Courier New"]No honey,Joisey.[/FONT][/BLOCKQUOTE]
 

A320 Driver

Veteran
Aug 24, 2002
3,358
2,319
www.usaviation.com
I didn't get a vote. It doesn't really matter to me because I don't think they are bluffing and would have voted yes anyway. You folks make your choice and the rest of us will have to live with it. It may not work anyhow, but I personally thought it was worth another shot. A lot of good people are going to get hurt no matter which way the vote goes but make no mistake, Dr Bronner didn't get where he is by bluffing and making stupid investments. He can pull the plug whenever he likes to protect RSAs money. Any one of you that thinks he/she is smarter than this man, you better think again. These are the "Big Dogs" and we are the hired help...no more no less.


A320 Driver

"The greatest obstacle to truth is the illusion of knowledge"
 
Jan 2, 2003
10
0
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/3/2003 7:24:44 PM flyonthewall wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR] [/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR] The AFA and ALPA allow their members to change their votes.
[P][/P]----------------[BR][BR][FONT face="Courier New"]ALPA didnt get to vote...they just have to grin and bear it.[BR]Hey, maybe everyone that voted for Bush can change their minds too....[/FONT][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]