More retro new liveries?

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
Actually both first and second original version liveries were great for America West. I liked them both. Very southwestern-looking!!

View attachment 5143

I wish they would do a first original version of USAir (1979), Mohawk, Trump Shuttle, Empire and Lake Central retro. They should do a USAir retro livery. If an Airbus narrowbody jet can't do shiny metal, do a 737 or 757. How many are they planning on doing? So what next? :ph34r:

In 1982, First original version of oldest USAir Boeing 727-100 livery "ex-reg N7050U" photo at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, AZ. Full bare metal was not shown picture (whole white paint only except belly) of oldest plane and what happened?

http://www.visitingphx.com/pp2c.html

To the best of my knowledge, none of the 727-100's were stripped to bare metal. All of the 200's were deliverd new, and came that way from Boeing. I don't know when the 100's left the fleet, but never recall seeing any without the white paint on them.

I really liked the baremetal USAir livery from the early 80's. I doubt they could do that on a bus but one of the 737's or 767's would be AWESOME. Flew those planes so much as a kid .... lots of good memories there!
USAir never had 767's they came from Piedmont. Eddie canceled the deliveries because "we don't want to be an international airline, just a large domestic carrier".

But after he canceled the last three, he reordered them at $10 Million more per plane.

USAir never had 767's they came from Piedmont. Eddie canceled the deliveries because "we don't want to be an international airline, just a large domestic carrier".

PI did a wonderful job of expanding using "old" aircraft, the 767's excepeted. "International" to one city across the Atlantic was no more impressive to the rest of us than the 3 Canadian destinations already served. Eddie, as you say, was indeed out of his league...but leave no doubt a few London flights did not an airline make. This has been a sad marriage from the start, just do not overrate the happiness you had, 20 years ago or so now, when you remember those lazy, hazy days of being single. Best to you, really. Greeter (wishing I had been hired by a class act like PI from the start, so at least I would have known what it felt like to work for a winner for at least a few years!!)

Actually both first and second original version liveries were great for America West. I liked them both. Very southwestern-looking!!

View attachment 5143

I wish they would do a first original version of USAir (1979), Mohawk, Trump Shuttle, Empire and Lake Central retro. They should do a USAir retro livery. If an Airbus narrowbody jet can't do shiny metal, do a 737 or 757. How many are they planning on doing? So what next? :ph34r:

In 1982, First original version of oldest USAir Boeing 727-100 livery "ex-reg N7050U" photo at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, AZ. Full bare metal was not shown picture (whole white paint only except belly) of oldest plane and what happened?

http://www.visitingphx.com/pp2c.html
I actually sent a similar picture to corp-comm and suggested they do that one. But you know they'll mess something up. Why is it that we can find plenty of pictures of the perfect example and they can not?

Latest posts