More service from CLT and PHL

The only people that think of US in PIT are the employees. I would venture to say that the majority of passengers out of Pittsburgh don't really care. It's the way the public thinks. You're right it's dead and EVERYONE in Pittsburgh minus the employees have moved on.

Just taking a wild guess in saying the majority of the service will be flown by USAir Express? :(

Agreed... it is sad... As the new service from DCA with the slot swap transaction...????
I will bet that none of this new flying is Mainline....???? IMHO... but it should be..
we at mainline have given our blood sweat and tears.... and $$$$$$ for so many years..
and what do we get?????? NOthing...

But a Slap in the face.... and still no money? but wait.... no money and less jobs...????

No, i;m not upset I'm still at PSA. Its discouraging to hear all the negative comments about the US Airways regional system when we are doing as good job if not better than mainline. If you want growth at mainline then you need growth at the express. We feed you passengers from cities you don't want to serve or from cities (Towns) that don't have the population to support a larger airplane. Rest assured that if FAY could support a 737 then mainline would put it there. My initial post was to comment about how uncomfortable an RJ is. Where i believe a 737 middle seat is far worse than any regional jet. I've had customers tell me how much more they enjoyed the CLT-XNA flight than the LGW-CLT. I hear it a lot.
As for the pay cut. I haven't made 6 figures yet. Closer but not yet. How many years will that take me at mainline? I think i will sit tight for now, thanks.

This post is so wrong on so many levels. Express doesn't feed mainline it has replaced mainline. During the loa 84 debate the company was trying to sell the feed bs. We all know mainline had over 400 jets at one point. The small cities have the population to fill 737 or 319, The thing they don't need is 6 flights a day. Go back to running 3 to. 4 mainline jets a day instead of 6 to 8 rjs. It would cut expenses and grow mainline.

Your other problem is you are comparing top of scale Psa pay to new hire mainline pay. How about you compare top of scale a330 pay to top of scale Psa pay. Like I said before, we have all had to make the decision on taking a pay cut to start over.

Agreed... it is sad... As the new service from DCA with the slot swap transaction...????
I will bet that none of this new flying is Mainline....???? IMHO... but it should be..
we at mainline have given our blood sweat and tears.... and $$$$$$ for so many years..
and what do we get?????? NOthing...

But a Slap in the face.... and still no money? but wait.... no money and less jobs...????
Mainline? Huh? Blood? Sweat? Tears? Where was this uproar back in the early 2000's when ALPA signed away scope? Now, 10 years later, we have a stagnant airline, flight attendants on straight reserve for 15+ years, pilots in the E190 right seat making LESS than the flight attendants pouring the cokes in the back, and now we are angry? Where was the outrage in 2002?

Writing was on the wall; no one should be shocked that the 'DCA expansion' is RJs. Move along; nothing to see here.

Mainline? Huh? Blood? Sweat? Tears? Where was this uproar back in the early 2000's when ALPA signed away scope? Now, 10 years later, we have a stagnant airline, flight attendants on straight reserve for 15+ years, pilots in the E190 right seat making LESS than the flight attendants pouring the cokes in the back, and now we are angry? Where was the outrage in 2002?

Writing was on the wall; no one should be shocked that the 'DCA expansion' is RJs. Move along; nothing to see here.

You have to understand that the "New" routes are not growth for the regionals. It may be a new and different city but no US Airways express regional is getting new or additional airplanes. We have actually lost some routes, like MYR and SAV. When the small town supports a larger airplane, Doug P. puts one there. Call it a shuffle but certainly not a growth.

Back