Nashville is Next

runway4

Advanced
Aug 21, 2002
South Norwalk, CT
Visit site
NEW YORK, June 6, 2006 (PRIMEZONE) -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq:JBLU) today announces it will begin nonstop service between its hometown New York (John F. Kennedy International Airport) and Nashville, TN, effective August 31, 2006. A special introductory fare of $69(a) each way is available for purchase through June 30, for travel through October 31. Regular fares will range from $89(a) to $299(a), which are 50 to 70 percent lower than fares offered before JetBlue's arrival.

Service to Nashville will be operated with JetBlue's EMBRAER 190 fleet.

Full release

Regular fares will range from $89(a) to $299(a), which are 50 to 70 percent lower than fares offered before JetBlue's arrival.

The 900lb GorillAA will just beat JB's prices by $10! Remember what Neelman said, "We need to raise fares and average of $10 each way to make a profit." So, if the 900lb GorillAA prices LGA-BNA & BNA-LGA $10 less; JB will be forced to lower it by $10. Remember what Neelman said...See above!

Kind of funny that WN pulled its ISP-BNA flights and B6 is starting JFK-BNA. Maybe they are in cahoots to rule the airways. just my thoughts.........

I don't think anyone from here in Nashville wanted to go to Long Island though. Especially when they could get to NYC easily with AA, Delta, JetBlue, and Continental from here directly numerous times a day. The WN route was a waste on their part to begin with I think. WN could use that slot for another flight from here like a Omaha route or something that could genrate more connections from here. I think they still average around 90 operations a day here though. So the loss of that flight hasn't really hurt them in the short term.

I did notice that US Airways added a mainline, twice a day, flight to Philly after WN added their BNA-PHI daily. LOL!! Gotta love wakeing up the neighbors, eh?

How are the B6 loads on this route? Any word?

I have heard "through the grapevine" that they are sold out up into November. My wife and I tried to get tickets last week and the lady told us sorry, we can put you on hold and see if anyone cancels, but otherwise we are sold out for a while. I would really, REALLY like to see B6 take the step and start Caribbean service from here. Nashville is a very fast growing city and routes to that part of the world are starting to be needed here. As are other international routes. But that is another discussion. You'll find that BNA is a very, very, very underserved market for international traffic.

I have heard "through the grapevine" that they are sold out up into November. My wife and I tried to get tickets last week and the lady told us sorry, we can put you on hold and see if anyone cancels, but otherwise we are sold out for a while. I would really, REALLY like to see B6 take the step and start Caribbean service from here. Nashville is a very fast growing city and routes to that part of the world are starting to be needed here. As are other international routes. But that is another discussion. You'll find that BNA is a very, very, very underserved market for international traffic.

Once you fly on WorthlessBlue, you will be back on AA, DL or CO.

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='417292' date='Sep 21 2006, 11:50 AM']Once you fly on WorthlessBlue, you will be back on AA, DL or CO.[/quote]

Are you like four?

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='417292' date='Sep 21 2006, 04:50 PM']Once you fly on WorthlessBlue, you will be back on AA, DL or CO.[/quote]

Hi B.O.B.
I see you are back with a new screen name.

Latest posts