National Airlines

----------------
On 8/21/2002 6:48:55 PM

What National needs to do is find a new hub. Going up against the two largest low fare carriers in one of their focus cities is suicidal. (Note LUV folks..I didnt say hub, I said focus city).[;)]
----------------

I agree... LAS is one place where the word "industry overcapacity" is really true... Even the low fare carriers can't make enough yield on their flights to/from LAS in order to be cash-positive on those flights alone... The carriers with more extensive networks can afford to fly money-losing LAS flights because many of the people on them are connecting from other flights that actually make money. If you're trying to make a profit based on LAS flights alone, you're in trouble.

What National needs to do is find a new hub. Going up against the two largest low fare carriers in one of their focus cities is suicidal. (Note LUV folks..I didnt say hub, I said focus city).[;)]

Article in the Las Vegas Sun newspaper quoting the airport manager saying that N7 owes LAS $6 MM. This is not good, because even if N7 gets the $30 MM, it could be gone real quick. Article from the 8/26 LVSun

Looks like the BK Judge gave N7 a stay of execution until Friday for now. I never want any airline to shut down, but this one kind of looks like it is circling the drain. Good luck and God Bless to those at N7.[:((]

I wish all my friends and counterparts at N7 the best!!....any company with the good taste to fly B757's with Rolls-Royce Engines hanging from them...Is definately worth saving!! Best to all in LAS.....AOG-N-IT....from the U-crew. [:bigsmile:]