Nautical .......... G R I D L O C K !

Ms Tree said:
I have had the AC on for several days here. Finally back to winter weather. Two days ago it was 75. Abnormally warm for Feb.
Come on Tree!------ Where you at Tree? If your down in the Virgin Islands, AC, maybe! ------- Oh by the way, I've got a place down there I'll rent you!!!! I'll even give you an "Airline discount!" "Abnormally warm for Feb.?," Tell that to someone who lives in Boston!!!

eolesen said:
Unusually warm usually doesn't mean sleet.

Hey Bears, here are some facts from shippers... Maybe that will help ground your reality?

survey-says-WCports_v3-03.png

http://www.joc.com/port-news/longshoreman-labor/pacific-maritime-association/long-recovery-ahead-west-coast-ports-aftermath-settlement_20150221.html

How many times Eric, do I have to tell you I agree with you, that there will be.......'SOME' rerouting,..............But do NOT  EVER discount that...." Time is Money"  (aka Southwest air.), and those asian shipping magnates do NOT want thier Multi million $ ships wasting fuel and crew pay.  Believe me, the PMA and the ILWU will come up with a plan, not to lose Giant contracts.
The PMA  F'd things up by trying to OUTSOURCE the Jitney repairs, instead of letting the ILWU do it's contractual work.
Things were crusing along nicely just before contract time, but as usual , management had to get 'penny wise and pound foolish'.....so the results were predictable, and the DUMB Mother F.....s will DO IT AGAIN come next contract  !!

I can't imagine a bigger waste of time and fuel than sitting at anchor.

Maybe you learned math from the TWU, but I wouldn't consider 66% as just "some" rerouting, and more than half of it targeted for the Gulf/East coast, and almost a third of it bypassing the US ports altogether and heading for YVR...

eolesen said:
I can't imagine a bigger waste of time and fuel than sitting at anchor.

Maybe you learned math from the TWU, but I wouldn't consider 66% as just "some" rerouting, and more than half of it targeted for the Gulf/East coast, and almost a third of it bypassing the US ports altogether and heading for YVR...

And What Union do you think is on the YVR or YPR docks  ??

The TWU  ??????????????

What word do you think the  " I "  stands for...in the  (I) L W U  ?????

hee hee hee  !!!!!!!!!

Your fascination with the ILWU is indeed interesting, Bears.

Let's see what it's like in five years after the canal expansion opens up and transit times get cut back.