Negotiation's Committe Appointed

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
October 27, 2004

US Airways Update MECHANIC & RELATED EMPLOYEES

On October 26, 2004, US Airways presented the IAM with a Mechanic and Related 1113© proposal, which has since been circulated to the members.

In the hope of saving the Company from extinction and in keeping with the Union’s responsibility to our members, I have today appointed General Chairmen Bill Freiberger and Tony Giammarco; IAM Representative, Tom Regan; Local Representatives, Frank Schifano; Bill Hoogenhout and Tom Belmont together with the undersigned who will be assisted on an as-needed basis by General Chairmen Steve Ebert and David (Duke) Snyder as your negotiating committee.

The parties will meet on Tuesday, November 2, 2004 to start dealing with the issues involved.

We will continue to keep you advised of all future developments as they occur.

Thanking you for your continued support.

Sincerely and fraternally,
William O'Driscoll
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIRMAN

To all mechanics,( excluding the few bashers of other employee groups that dominate this board).

I am astounded that this company can hire a seasoned mechanic at these suggested rates. No doubt many work rules are non-competitive, but you guys and gals deserve north of $50.00 an hour in my mind. My sister is a 10 year unskilled assembly line worker for some Japenese outfit that bought a GM engine plant. She makes $27 + an hour.

I am so sorry for you folks, you may be getting the biggest shaft of all groups.

Best of luck

stoopidute442 said:
Hey Father...can she get me a job?
[post="195595"][/post]​

Stoopidute,

Sorry, no can do. Much like aviation the GM employees have also been snookered into screwing the yet to be employee. My sister is 2nd tier ( victom of my older brothers rank and file) and now they have signed on to this policy and you would be 3rd tier. Don't know what the pay is but I'm sure it is way sub par.

Funny thing is, I escaped Generous motors in 1977 for a career in aviation. Now my 4 immediate family members are getting the last laugh. But not many regrets, plant work really really bites! They all hate work. However one retired ( 30 and out) @ 52 and another can now @ 50. I would have 2 years to go.

The union that has hurt their membership the most and who will have the most difficult time in court is the IAM. For the past year or so the IAM has consistently told the news media and their members that for lack of better words the “concession stand is closedâ€￾. It does not take a rocket scientist to understand the company’s financial position and until recently the union refused to discuss contract changes.

Even Judge Mitchell understands the realities of the marketplace and US Airways. In his S.1113(e) ruling Mitchell referred to US Airways as a “Ticking Fiscal Time Bombâ€￾ that absent this imposed relief would likely result in a meltdown of the company.

In my opinion no union will be hurt more than the IAM who has “gutlessâ€￾ leadership, who has miserably failed their membership due to AMFA fear, and their members will see more “painâ€￾ than any other employee group. I do respect the right of a union to make their own decisions, but the only union leaders who have misrepresented their group more than ALPA’s RC4 is the IAM.

I expect there will be very little negotiation between the company and the IAM at this late stage of the game. The company has the union over a barrel and “impositionâ€￾ will almost certainly occur. Why? The company has tried to negotiate with the union but until recently has been unsuccessful. In fact, ALPA communications committee chairman Jack Stephen said, “To be clear, in the 1113(e) process, the judge did have the power to make modifications to the Company’s emergency interim proposal. But, unlike the 1113(e) process, the law does not provide the judge with the authority to make any modifications in the 1113© process involving long-term, permanent relief. “

See Story

For those who are angry and believe “self helpâ€￾ is the answer, once the new contract is imposed, ALPA bankruptcy counsel Richard Seltzer, widely respected as the best labor bankruptcy attorney is the business, believes Judge Mitchell will prevent the "self help" option.

The IAM’s results speak for them self and just like with ALPA, the company’s proposals keep getting worse and the members will undoubtedly suffer even more. It’s too bad the IAM’s leaders are positioning their members for “Armageddonâ€￾, but that is your choice.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

• Banned
You have no idea of what you are talking about, you are not an IAM member and never will be.

The IAM Leadership had the GONADS to take the company on and win, lets see how many times did you repeat the company will win the airbus arbitration, well guess what Bub? They lost and the $15 Million in damages is a secured claim that will be paid.

See unlike alpa the IAM leadership traveled all over the US Airways system and talked to the membership, and did what they want, THE MEMBERSHIP told the IAM Leadership, TO NOT TALK WITH THE COMPANY.

And like I said Seltzer was kissing Leitch's butt and Levine ran circles around, Seltzer did not even sit the with REAL Attornies presenting the case for the unions. He asked only one question, see I was in the court room, you were not. Better stick to flying airplanes then making legal commentary.

You gonna be on CNN or FOX commenting on the Scott Peterson case next?

Judge Mitchell cannot over rule the Railway Labor Act which lets us Strike and According to Mrs Levine who has represetend thousand of airline employees in bankruptcies, unlike Seltzer, Self-Help is a viable option which Mitchell cannot stop.

And there comes a time in life when you have to stand up for what is right, if the founding fathers of this country had your attitude we would still be a british colony.

Better to die with dignity then to live in fear like a coward.

What are you gonna do when oil hits $100 barrel? Gonna open your wallet to the company again? Why don't you just work for free?

Amazing how terrified you are because you're golden goose is about to die.

USA320Pilot said:
It’s too bad the IAM’s leaders are positioning their members for “Armageddonâ€￾, but that is your choice.

I wonder why he is so concerned with what the AFA, CWA, and IAM workers choose to do.

It's their choice as to the limits of what they will put up with. I don't recall the ticket agents or rampers, res or mechanics lecturing pilots on their contract terms.

Me thinks some serious "pucker factor" has a little boy "vewy vewy scared".

:shock:

When would now be the time to shut up and let each group decide their destiny?

Do I like what is happening, no, but I support each groups right to control their own fate.

Back from the abyss, I remain,

Respectfully,

Dilligas :p

PineyBob:

PineyBob said: "I'm so confused I thought the consession stand was CLOSED. Why would you need a negotiating committee?"

USA320Pilot comments: PineyBob, because 21% hurts and the IAM knows "imposition" is less than a month away with even deeper cuts and a major loss of dues. In fact, the company's proposal would prevent 700UW from paying dues forever.

Respectfully,

USA320pilot

• Banned
PineyBob said:
I'm so confused I thought the consession stand was CLOSED. Why would you need a negotiating committee
[post="195621"][/post]​

I thought you were not gonna post anymore since you were gonna lose your miles?

And instead of being a wiseguy, maybe you should learn that by law the unions have to negotiate with the company because when the 1113 C is filed, if the unions did not it would be considered "bad faith" negotiations.

• Banned
Don't worry, I would pay dues forever, I will be taken care of, I am ready for life without this place when it shuts down.

Guess you will be selling your house like your neighbor is.

Hey Captain, I will gladly take the 21%+ pay cut to be the one to park you as you Taxi In YOUR J4J Mesa CRJ.

PineyBob said:
I'm so confused I thought the consession stand was CLOSED. Why would you need a negotiating committee
[post="195621"][/post]​
Thanks Piney for the reminder. After the generous welcome home some on this board gave you on your return from Ireland and return to this board, I almost forgot how big an a$$ you can be.

Latest posts

Back