New A/C Reg. numbers

algflyr

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
On the ALPA site it lists the new aircraft registration numbers for both fleets. I noticed all the 330's and 767's have new reg. numbers that end in AY. For example A330 N670UW is now N270AY. I also noticed the AW 757's were renumbered to UW numbers. Example N902AW is renumbered to N211UW. I tried to copy the list here but it didn't come out right. I don't think the link will work because it's in a secure part of the ALPA site (I think). Here is the link anyway...

http://crewroom.alpa.org/aaa/DesktopModule...ocumentID=31600

"On the ALPA site it lists the new aircraft registration numbers for both fleets. I noticed all the 330's and 767's have new reg. numbers that end in AY. For example A330 N670UW is now N270AY. I also noticed the AW 757's were renumbered to UW numbers. Example N902AW is renumbered to N211UW."

So?

"On the ALPA site it lists the new aircraft registration numbers for both fleets. I noticed all the 330's and 767's have new reg. numbers that end in AY. For example A330 N670UW is now N270AY. I also noticed the AW 757's were renumbered to UW numbers. Example N902AW is renumbered to N211UW."

So?

So? So I was asking a question about why AY was used. Are you that stupid to post a reply like "SO?" to a question someone asks??

i just flew N670UW to mad on the 4th and it still had the N670UW reg on it .

SO, does:
UW really stand for UNHAPPY WORKERS and
AW stand for ALIENATED WORKERS?

To those who are offended by the term "worker", the grievance forms are in the top drawer of the filing cabinet.

I was trying to figure how many jumpseats a Boeing had and saber has not been updated with the new registration numbers

Here's an interesting thought. I am wondering why it would be necessary to re register the aircraft in question, when they could just change the fleet numbers-there is no required correlation between a fleet number and a reg number, and it seems like an unnecessary expense/effort.

THEN I just remembered that many NW aircraft have registrations ending in US....does it make one think?

How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Just kidding, but it is interesting.