New CS Rules?

Overspeed said:
MetalMover,
Tears of joy? JK, I think the CS policy is a quality of work life issue and has value however not a monetary one.
Tears of anger is more like it. Is it really a quality of work life issue working 2,4,5,6 maybe a dozen doubles in a row? Quality for the family who never sees the CSer? Living at work foregoing any sense of personal hygiene? Let alone the affect on safety? No sir, for that person it is most definitely a MONETARY one!

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Took an early out? They closed down my shop. TULE Fleet Service is no more.

How do you equate AA closing my shop with me taking an early out? You act like I got some kind of package or something.

Feel free to continue your weak attempt to smear me though.

How do you go from this
to this?
I don't see how you go from an optimistic view to "it's our only option".

I would never accept someone imposing an unwarranted optimistic view after a history of concessions and I certainly would not accept someone telling me I only had one option.

I would not try. After AA froze pensions it was not worth investing my time anymore. That is when I decided to go to school and get out (the news of them closing my shop came after I had started my studies). That was the option I chose.

glad to see you're leaving AA, nobody likes a guy who sits around and complains without changing his own path, I like working at AA and think/hope we will get a good contract, trying to make the best of the situation i have

Are you still working at AA or have you left already? if still here let us know when you leave.........

bigjets said:
I like working at AA and think/hope we will get a good contract, trying to make the best of the situation i have
You know what? Perhaps I owe you an apology for being so aggressive. I realize not everyone is in the same situation and that for some people quitting may not be a viable option.

I hope the association negotiates you a favorable contract.

bigjets said:
Are you still working at AA or have you left already?
I left toward the end of 2012. I most likely would have stayed until mid 2013 (at least) to finish my studies however American Airlines closed my shop.

bigjets said:
 if still here let us know when you leave.........
I am curious about your motivation for making that request.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
You know what? Perhaps I owe you an apology for being so aggressive. I realize not everyone is in the same situation and that for some people quitting may not be a viable option.

I hope the association negotiates you a favorable contract.

I left toward the end of 2012. I most likely would have stayed until mid 2013 (at least) to finish my studies however American Airlines closed my shop.

I am curious about your motivation for making that request.
Just wanted to congratulate you on finishing school and starting new career, I have a lot of respect for you. I hate whiners, but you are man of action. Instead of blaming AA for your problems you forged your own path. You don't act as though AA owes you anything and is responsible for everything wrong in your life.

bigjets said:
Just wanted to congratulate you on finishing school and starting new career, I have a lot of respect for you. I hate whiners, but you are man of action. Instead of blaming AA for your problems you forged your own path. You don't act as though AA owes you anything and is responsible for everything wrong in your life.
Plus 1

I expect for there to be a CS policy in the CBA, it's good for the company and its good for us. I DO NOT expect us to give up anything for policy to be in contract, as the APA and APFA have it in their contracts along with industry leading contracts I also expect to have a 13% 401k CONTRIBUTION, no reason FAs should be getting anything better then mechanics. A FA once told me, FAs should make more money then mechanics because FAs work less hours then mechs. She wasn't overly intalectually impressive but it was funny to listen to her logic.

No she is not indicative of FAs intelligence, as most are very well educated, but a masters Is not required to be a FA.

bigjets said:
I am glad that he moved on and decided enough was enough.

But Not so fast. This guy whined about not getting a government handout for retraining.

Then he got it.

He has consistently railed against government assistance, yet he took the handout to get his 'education'.

He is a hypocrite of the highest order. I have no doubt whatsowver that This guy would be the first to cross your picket line.

I heard and watched many just like him cross my picket line. Do not be fooled.

bigjets said:
FAs should make more money then mechanics because FAs work less hours then mechs. She wasn't overly intalectually impressive but it was funny to listen to her logic.

No she is not indicative of FAs intelligence, as most are very well educated, but a masters Is not required to be a FA.

Seriously?   It's intellectually smart guy!

Glenn Quagmire said:
I am glad that he moved on and decided enough was enough.
But Not so fast. This guy whined about not getting a government handout for retraining.
Then he got it.
He has consistently railed against government assistance, yet he took the handout to get his 'education'.
He is a hypocrite of the highest order. I have no doubt whatsowver that This guy would be the first to cross your picket line.
I heard and watched many just like him cross my picket line. Do not be fooled.
I know, he's a typical tea party guy, but at least he moved on, rather then just complaining.

Keep your government hands off my Medicare!!!!!!

Typical tea party.

bigjets said:
I know, he's a typical tea party guy, but at least he moved on, rather then just complaining.

Keep your government hands off my Medicare!!!!!!

Typical tea party.
He hasnt moved on, he posts more now then when he was working at AA.

Glenn Quagmire said:

Then he got it.
American Airlines offered TAA (retraining) for CONTRACTORS working in the offices.

You bet I was offended when American Airlines treated contractors filling temporary positions better than people on their own payroll.

Would anybody on here not be offended by that?

Glenn Quagmire said:
Then he got it.
What I got was a grant to cover my last 6 months of school.

Glenn Quagmire said:
What I have railed against is people making "entitlements" a lifestyle. That is not what I did. I got out of school Friday and had a full time job the following Monday.

You have been misrepresenting what I have said in an attempt to discredit me.

There is a huge difference between getting help to finish school (most of which I paid for out of my own pocket) and living on "entitlements" for decades at a time and you know it.

Glenn Quagmire said:
He is a hypocrite of the highest order.
I am no hypocrite but you have tried to paint me as one for almost 2 years using baseless accusations and misrepresentation.

Glenn Quagmire said:
I have no doubt whatsowver that This guy would be the first to cross your picket line. I heard and watched many just like him cross my picket line.
I have never done that and never would. That is an accusation meant to change public opinion of me (your #1 tactic) with no basis in fact.

Funny how the only things you can find to smear me with are a 6 month grant from 2 years ago and things you make up.

Glenn Quagmire said:
 Do not be fooled.
The only fools here are you and 700UW and your never ending tactics of lying, misrepresentations, and fabrications in an effort to attack me because I don't subscribe to your liberal politics. 

700UW said:
He hasnt moved on, he posts more now then when he was working at AA.
My spouse works for American Airlines (as opposed to your ex). My household income is directly affected by contracts at American Airlines.

Now how long has it been since YOU worked for the airline? Just the other day you commented you had not been to a UNION hall in 2 years.

You want to compare post #'s

I have 2776 (counting this one) and you have 32614.

I think the forums patrons are smart enough to see you two for what you really are.

You have spent 2 years attacking me because I have been vocal against your liberal political beliefs.

This has nothing to do with contracts or UNION agreements, it is nothing more than petty behavior and harassment from Glenn Quagmire, Ms Tree, 700UW, and Dog Wonder.

The truth is if you 4 had anything of any validity to say you would not keep recycling an event from 2 years ago and making things up.

Latest posts

Back