CS Policy

Bob Owens said:
Haven't you learned yet that this management team isn't going to make anything better? 
Don't misread what I posted. What I meant was that if the company is considering making a change to the CS policy, it would make sense for them to have it mirror that of LUS for integration purposes. 
I am in no way saying that this is a good thing. Now, because our CS policy is NOT contractual, then it is possible they make ours MORE restrictive than that of the US group.
Considering flex vc and PVs are no more, then I don't see the CS policy being exempt from either change or disappearing. 

blue collar said:
Why don't you answer, what do you think is so restrictive about the IAM's contractural language?
That has already been answered several times, pay attention. You are starting to sound like a broken record.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
That has already been answered several times, pay attention. You are starting to sound like a broken record.
He finally did answer a week ago. I know you're slow, so I won't hold it against you.

Hey Bob,

You left something out;

The TWU is part of the management team.

That's even worse!

MetalMover said:
Don't misread what I posted. What I meant was that if the company is considering making a change to the CS policy, it would make sense for them to have it mirror that of LUS for integration purposes. 
I am in no way saying that this is a good thing. Now, because our CS policy is NOT contractual, then it is possible they make ours MORE restrictive than that of the US group.
Considering flex vc and PVs are no more, then I don't see the CS policy being exempt from either change or disappearing. 
I think I've stated this before, I took full advantage of the CS policy, used to do two doubles and a single, but I've never let myself become dependent on it, since after all its not contractual. It is however an example of how management will sometimes not do what they can because they won't like the result. Right now they seem to be targeting Tulsa from what I'm reading. I think they would like to see more people voluntarily leave Tulsa and head out to the Line where they are struggling to maintain headcount. So where they can make things miserable they will. On the line things remain status quo. Cobbett used to always threaten that if we didn't do something he wanted that he would suspend CS. I always told him go right ahead, the company benefitted from the flexibility just as much as the guys did. Take that away and the guys will still take off the days they need to, but instead of having things covered  they will find out 2 hours ahead and need to call OT and pay the guy who is out sick as well, and thanks to the stupid two half day penalty he will likely be out the whole week. For the lousy pay and benefits AA is offering they are not going to get the same self sacrificing attitude, or same reaction to threats, that they had when this was a good job. People will move their priorities around, and their job at AA will move to a lower level. So what would be accomplished by stopping CS's other than AA spending thousand of dollars more between paying the sick time and paying the OT? Who wins? The company has the CS policy because it benefits them, not because it benefits us, thats why they want control of it. The fact that it does benefit us is why we should have it in our contract even if some feel the contractual language is more restrictive than what they think they have now because the contract sets a minimum, it doesn't stop the company from being more flexible than the contract states. 

With American Airlines CS policy you could literally take off 10 months in a year (real time not a calendar year) provided you have 4 weeks of vacation per year.

I would not recommend anyone pull that stunt but it is an extreme example of just how flexible AA's policy is.

Bob is right about one thing though, there is nothing stopping the company from being more flexible than the contract states.

CS what's that best I can do is take off one of my weekend days that I work and trade it for one of my days off. With an AOI signed by the crew chief, supervisor and manager. I work weekends just like the line but have no benefits that the line has.

Back