New DL terminal at JFK?

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20100307/FREE/303079969

Delta Air Lines' terminals at John F. Kennedy International Airport rank among the dingiest, most cramped facilities in the area—JFK's “disasters,â€￾ according to one local official. After nearly a decade of on-again, off-again plans to demolish the 1960s relics and start anew, Delta is trying again.

The airline is in talks with the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, which owns New York's airports, about moving forward with a new terminal, according to sources close to the negotiations. Delta hopes to secure $1.5 billion in financing for the project. Given the Port Authority's capital budget constraints—it's embroiled in a multibillion-dollar project to rebuild the World Trade Center site—the state agency is an unlikely financier for the project

How would DL and the Port Authority do this without disrupting DL's operations in a big way?

I hope the do it and do it soon. Anyone that has flown Delta thru JFK know
what a mess terminal 2 and 3 are.

Thats great news!!! Lets also see if its really need because of many airlines hurting one them will be gone soon.
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the above statement?

As far as the terminal project in JFK. We keep hearing that something
official should be out by June.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the above statement?

As far as the terminal project in JFK. We keep hearing that something
official should be out by June.
Yes DL needs a new terminal but with merger and failures in this industry. there will be terminal and gate space available. T6 is not being used so they can also use that to grow. I know PANYNJ few months ago took out their future projects that included new LGA terminal and JFK DL terminal.

Yes DL needs a new terminal but with merger and failures in this industry. there will be terminal and gate space available. T6 is not being used so they can also use that to grow. I know PANYNJ few months ago took out their future projects that included new LGA terminal and JFK DL terminal.
Thanks for clearing that up Merv. The Future plans (2007) look good but
several of them are not getting approval :-( i.e Newark Terminal A
I have a feeling that the plan proposed for the Delta JFK term will look
close to final outcome. I don't think they will keep the "round" roof of
the origional terminal 3.

It'll be interesting to see the amount of hazmat and toxic sludge unearthed by the demolition of T3.

FWIW, I don't think the flying saucer will be kept, either. It's an ugly, inefficient maintenance hog.

DL is near to deal for their New Terminal.

By MIKE ESTERL

Delta Air Lines Inc. is poised to get the green light for a $1.2 billion overhaul of its outdated terminals at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, according to people familiar with the matter.

Delta Nears JFK Deal

http://www.buzzbox.com/news/2010-08-04/delta:terminal/

just imagine an enlarged concourse B Term4(by 9 gates) and
a very long walkway to term 2 and a/c parking all where
term 3 use to be. Thats pretty much it :-(

Yes, the project includes a rework of the ticket counter and security checkpoint areas as well as the addition of a domestic baggage claim area.

DL and the Port Authoity are positioning this as the first phase in what will likely be a multi-phase project... this phase will allow for the removal of T3 via new gates on T4 but there will be a large aircraft parking area where T3 now sits.... which would suggest that T2 could be replaced - or likely an expansion of T4 at some point in the future partially using some of the space where T3 now sits....

DL appears to be timing the project so that only the 2011 and 2012 summer season will be impacted by the T4 construction with work to begin in a few months.

The article has picture of the addition T4 and the area will look like.

Delta Air Lines unveiled on Wednesday a $1.2 billion project
http://nycaviation.com/2010/08/11/delta-unveils-new-jfk-terminal-design-plans-image-gallery/?pid=387

DL and the Port Authoity are positioning this as the first phase in what will likely be a multi-phase project... this phase will allow for the removal of T3 via new gates on T4 but there will be a large aircraft parking area where T3 now sits.... which would suggest that T2 could be replaced - or likely an expansion of T4 at some point in the future partially using some of the space where T3 now sits....

Isn't it more likely that T2 will become consolidated with an expanded T1. Considering the scope of the T4 build out, I'd suspect that the T3 space wiill remain ramp for a considerable period of time, serving air carriers in either the T1 or T4 complexes.

Latest posts

Back