NEW PAINT- A-330

And the crap about PHX being too hot for dark paint scheme doesn't fly.
Here's an airline that operates out of the middle east... a bit hot there too.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0869...9151&size=L
===========================================================

I was at the hangar Doug-fest when it seemed he was convinced to change the US Airways paint job to white.

He had just stated that since there were less HP planes it just made sense to paint them. After much complaining (most of the cars in this town are white or lightly colored) about the heat, "we'll consider it." Shortly after the new paint job. I think this was detailed in the About US or whatever it was called in those early days.

Wolf did do some good for this place. Distance allows it to be seen along with the disaster that has happened since we have started selling America West tickets in Rome.

Due to the weight factor, I would imagine that they strip the old paint off. I recall being told that the paint on a 727-200 added somewhere in the range of 400 lbs. to the A/C. I know that if you want a good paint job on a car that the old stuff should all be stripped off prior to a fresh coat.
USAirwasy sent a aircraft off to be outsourced painted it was strip and damage was discovered and could not be painted at all due to timely inspections due to the damage of the fuselage.Your turn 700

That was a/c 350US I believe the plane was damaged with scribe marks and lap joint damage.

Look again....this time take off the desert goggles! :rolleyes: Look at the bottom photo on the above post....the A/C really stands out and makes quite an impression when put next to all the others! B)

First off,no "desert goggles",whatever they may be. I live on the East Coast! Like I said previously my only assocation with either the old or the new USAir,outside of extensive travels on both was as a high school kid working at the local airport many years ago where we pumped gas into Allegheny Airlines Bac 111's CV580's and DC-9's as they passed through. I have no connection nor any interest in working for any airline out there, UsAir new old or otherwise. I'm just not that dumb enough to put up with the crap that you folks have to put up with day in and day out,especially at those payrates :shock: Just an interested outside observer and nothing else. And yes,the "night camme" scheme "stood out"....like a sore thumb :down:

First off,no "desert goggles",whatever they may be. I live on the East Coast! Like I said previously my only assocation with either the old or the new USAir,outside of extensive travels on both was as a high school kid working at the local airport many years ago where we pumped gas into Allegheny Airlines Bac 111's CV580's and DC-9's as they passed through. I have no connection nor any interest in working for any airline out there, UsAir new old or otherwise. I'm just not that dumb enough to put up with the crap that you folks have to put up with day in and day out,especially at those payrates :shock: Just an interested outside observer and nothing else. And yes,the "night camme" scheme "stood out"....like a sore thumb :down:

Your association with the airline was obviously very small since you were under the impression they were flying around in black color schemes.

Your association with the airline was obviously very small since you were under the impression they were flying around in black color schemes.

Black,blue whatever. It was ugly. PERIOD.Not to mention the gray interiors. But hey,they had coat closets,right? <_< . And I mentioned right up front that outside of traveling up and down the east coast on you guys,my association was limited to fueling aircraft way back in the Allegheny days when our FBO held the contract.

Black,blue whatever. It was ugly. PERIOD.Not to mention the gray interiors. But hey,they had coat closets,right? <_< . And I mentioned right up front that outside of traveling up and down the east coast on you guys,my association was limited to fueling aircraft way back in the Allegheny days when our FBO held the contract.
i can't beleive you have etops as part of your name. people please do not confuse this retard with me !!!

Latest posts

Back