A/C 330

Hey, structures guys.............how is the wing skin evaluated for heat damage? You know, like loss of heat treatment. Do they do a Brinell or what?

These guys are usually pretty sharp but sometimes you have to wonder. We had a hydraulic sys over temp causing a return to gate. This was the third write-up in four days for the same system. MSP-MC's solution was to cool the system with ground air until the fault went away and kick the bird out. I asked, "What reference am I supposed to use to sign that off?" I refused to do it, which resulted in three more mechanics showing up and two managers. A plane change was eventually called and the aircraft was sent off to the hangar.

SCAB go home. Since you have been fired from NWA for numerous violations, you are trying to play it off. Tell your Sister to stop SCABBING and giving you all the information.

I know the US plane would have to have had the whole wing structure and root replaced, Boeing came and evaluated the plane, saying it could be done, gave no time frame, said the cost of labor would be enormous as the Boeing Field Repair team were going to be involved and the plane would have had some major structures have to be made in order for it to be worked, some new kind of tail dock for it. And the lead time on getting the wing and its structures.

And they whole cost made it prohibitive to fix and that was just wing, you had pylons and numerous other things to fix.

And A/C 654US was only around 10 years old at the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: So how were the other two discrepancies handled? you guys could'nt trouble shoot a bleeding hemoroid. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:Boy you’re just on a roll. That was the whole problem, there was nothing to trouble shoot. The first time the overtemp prompt was gone when the mechanics boarded. They performed an ops check of the system. "Could not duplicate. Ops check good." Pretty much the same for the second time around, though they did dig a bit deeper they still found nothing wrong. I understand that they found the problem just by chance at the hangar. Someone opened the aft cargo door and the electric hydraulic pump turned on immediately. The aft cargo door switch was sticking intermittently. I am sure you can see where that would be hell to find. The ramp would open the cargo door unload the baggage and leave the door open. They would go on about their business and the hydraulics would sit there and run till they shut the door again. Sometimes it could run for forty or so minutes or close to a couple of hours. When testing the system with the engine driven pump the problem would never show up and the electrics were never run long enough for the problem to come up. Even if you did run the electrics long enough for the prompt to show up you would think that it was normal. You would think "Damn I left them pumps on to long." Relax local, NWA is in good hands, At least they didn't destroy the aircraft looking for "the problem."

They would go on about their business and the hydraulics would sit there and run till they shut the door again. Sometimes it could run for forty or so minutes or close to a couple of hours.
How many Scab Air aircraft are you run-up/taxi qualified on PlaytheCods? None? You don't know jack sh*t about trouble shooting or running an aircraft, and this post proves it yet again.

If you clowns can't hear electric hyd pumps running on the ground, Scab Air badly needs it's mechanics back.

'Cods...."Gee, what's that whirring sound that's been on going for that past two hours? Oh, that's just the new style cargo doors with hyd pumps mounted in them" :up: :down: :blink:

Go away little scab.

Latest posts