"New Premium Wine" Listed on the website

If you are a French airline and want to offer a "French Experience" it would be OK to serve French wines. Since US wants to offer an "American Experience" why are American wines so bad. I see nothing wrong being proud of American wines and offering them. Its not a "American wines, of course".

Being proud of American wines is one thing....celebrating crap in a plastic cup is another.

If you are a French airline and want to offer a "French Experience" it would be OK to serve French wines. Since US wants to offer an "American Experience" why are American wines so bad. I see nothing wrong being proud of American wines and offering them. Its not a "American wines, of course".
Why must it be wine? Why not Jack Daniel's or Southern Comfort. I rather drink a Alabama Slammer or Lynchburg Lemonade before wine any day. Wine is for a taste after a "Fine" Meal. On US, you ain't getting that.

A port or sherry is for after a meal. Wine on the other hand is paired with food all over the world. Ours on the other hand could be paired with Alpo or KFC. It's great to be proud of our American, predominately Napa wines but the junk we are pushing or intend to push is upper bottom shelf at best.

Why must it be wine? Why not Jack Daniel's or Southern Comfort. I rather drink a Alabama Slammer or Lynchburg Lemonade before wine any day. Wine is for a taste after a "Fine" Meal. On US, you ain't getting that.

Interesting point. DL has the signature cocktails which are pretty good. And, CO, of course, serves Margaritas. US is supposedly serving a signature Bloody Mary. I know I am prejudging, but I can only imagine how god awful it is.

So did anyone taste this stuff at 30,000 feet? A chardonnay is pretty awful up in the air at 30,000 feet in zero percent humity!

And on top of that - Chardonnay isn't exactly a wine one would pick to go with food - it is pretty much the hardest wine to pair with any kind of food. But who knows - maybe it is a perfect match for the tuna buritto!

Does anyone suppose they taste tested this stuff in the plastic party cup? I'm guessing no - but then again - not sure it would make much of a difference as they didn't exactly pick what I would call "premium"wines.

I am guessing that the choices were picked because they got a cheap price - not because they were a premium wine, won any awards, or passed any taste tests. But that is just my cynical self talking.

De Bortoli (Australia) has been on CO and UA and that's the best I've tasted.

I flew NW on my birthday in February and was in domestic F. The FAs gave me a bottle of wine to take with me and it was a De Bortoli.

In reference to another post, I am thankful that US at least still has liquor! Let's hope they do not take away the Glenlivet. Having that on the rocks for two hours on the runway this month (award ticket flight) helped me cope with IRROPS! :up:

I flew NW on my birthday in February and was in domestic F. The FAs gave me a bottle of wine to take with me and it was a De Bortoli.

Wow, flashback to the 80's. I don't think I left a flight in the late 80's or early 90's where the FC F/A didn't give me a bottle of wine to take with me. Remember when UA served eggnog at Christmas??? mmmmmm

Are you serious? Well then you better not go work on your French made airplane in your tragic polyester outfit made by a fetus in an undeveloped country.

You live in a world, not a country Oh wait, you live in an ignorant little hole in that world.

I’m certainly not a wine snob, but I will take a decent ‘French’ wine over most of the US domestic wines. ‘(mostly) ANY’ Boudreaux is better than our domestic wines. If it comes from the St. Emilion area it is even better and if you can get a Grand Cru, it is the best!!!
The Cahours region makes some decent wine as well which is ‘almost’ indiscernible from the Boudreaux.

Of course these are the red wines (which are my choice).

I do not understand how people can drink a chardonnay or blanc de blanc without a pucker. :p

JMHO,
B) UT

I’m certainly not a wine snob, but I will take a decent ‘French’ wine over most of the US domestic wines. ‘(mostly) ANY’ Boudreaux is better than our domestic wines. If it comes from the St. Emilion area it is even better and if you can get a Grand Cru, it is the best!!!
The Cahours region makes some decent wine as well which is ‘almost’ indiscernible from the Boudreaux.

Of course these are the red wines (which are my choice).

I do not understand how people can drink a chardonnay or blanc de blanc without a pucker. :p

JMHO,
B) UT

You would be a REALLY fun person to blind taste with....

Better yet....lets do this...you and I, tasting in a "black lit" room so you can't even tell color.....all you gotta do is tell me, "red or white?"

If you think you can go 10 for 10, you tell me where, you pick 5 wines and I'll pick 5 wines....and then we'll see. I'll bet you $1.00 to your $1,000 you can't go 10 for 10.....on just the one question, "red or white?"

NOTHING is more humbling in the world of wine then tasting without your eyeballs. Trust me.

Interesting point. DL has the signature cocktails which are pretty good. And, CO, of course, serves Margaritas. US is supposedly serving a signature Bloody Mary. I know I am prejudging, but I can only imagine how god awful it is.
your will never be happy with anything US does so give it up

you should put your energy into a better cause

So did anyone taste this stuff at 30,000 feet? A chardonnay is pretty awful up in the air at 30,000 feet in zero percent humity!

And on top of that - Chardonnay isn't exactly a wine one would pick to go with food - it is pretty much the hardest wine to pair with any kind of food. But who knows - maybe it is a perfect match for the tuna buritto!

Does anyone suppose they taste tested this stuff in the plastic party cup? I'm guessing no - but then again - not sure it would make much of a difference as they didn't exactly pick what I would call "premium"wines.

I am guessing that the choices were picked because they got a cheap price - not because they were a premium wine, won any awards, or passed any taste tests. But that is just my cynical self talking.

What do you expect? Shambles helped pick them out. :down:

What do you expect? Shambles helped pick them out. :down:
Maybe someone should snoop inside Doug's Home and see what he has in stock and use that on board! But I believe US will do away with FC all together. Their product isn't worth it and look, they'll be able to get 6 extra seats in there.

All the other companies are trying to improve and attract the Business Traveler, US is going the other way. Even WN has a foot in it.

Latest posts

Back