Service Enhancement List

Elevation

Veteran
Oct 21, 2002
Memo

Through the fall, we'll be making a series of upgrades to your onboard experience, especially on our transcontinental and transatlantic flights. Here are some of the things we'll be doing:

Transatlantic Envoy Class

* Better meals, snacks and wine
* Fully-electric seats on our Boeing fleet (near lie-flat on B767s) with adjustable headrests, 60" pitch and 110 volt adapter with free AC power
* New personal video and audio entertainment devices with on-demand entertainment options (B757s and B767s)
* Refreshed cabin interior with new sidewalls, dividers, overhead bin doors, lavatories and carpet on our Boeing fleet
* Improved in-flight service procedures to enhance the overall experience

Transatlantic Economy Class

* Better meals and snacks
* Test premium wine for sale by the glass
* New leather seats (B757s and B767s)
* New LCD flat screens and digital media file servers for better video and audio entertainment (B757s and B767s)
* Refreshed cabin interior with new sidewalls, dividers, overhead bin doors, lavatories and carpet on our Boeing Fleet

Domestic First Class

* Better quality meals, snacks and wine
* Glassware and silverware on meal flights
* Improved in-flight service procedures to enhance the overall experience

Domestic Coach Class

* Better quality and selection of Buy-on-Board meals and snacks
* Test premium wine for sale by the glass

All Routes and Classes of Service

* Improved customer service training for all of our in-flight, airport and reservations teams

New customer re-accommodation teamsMore flexibility for loyal road warriors

We'll be waiving our $25 standby fee at the airport for Preferred Dividend Miles members to give them the convenience of taking an earlier flight without paying a change fee. The new program will be up and running by June, just as soon as we've completed the necessary programming and training.

KioskImproved kiosk technology

We're preparing to replace some of our older check-in kiosks with about 600 new state-of-the-art machines. The first deliveries will arrive in late May.

Increased airport staffingIncreased airport staffing

We're hiring more than 1,000 new team members at airports throughout our system to help reduce wait times and provide better customer service.

New customer re-accommodation teamsNew customer re-accommodation teams

We'll use about 80 of the new team member positions to monitor inbound flights to Philadelphia, Charlotte, Boston and Washington National and identify customers who might miss their connecting flights. We'll proactively work to re-accommodate these customers and meet them at the gate with their new flight information, as well as meal vouchers and hotel accommodations if there are no other flight choices that day.

What a joke, A-West management can't do one thing right, the're the embarassment of the industry led by an alcoholic CEO. Don't worry about a thing!!

Memo

* Improved customer service training for all of our in-flight, airport and reservations teams
this is my favorite part!!! improved training??? for what??? we KNOW how to do our jobs, we just don't have the tools!!
put the blame on US again!!!
DoUgIe, do this entire airline and the customers we serve a favor and go to an AA meeting, ####!!

It is not about blaming employees.....it is about getting everyone...east and west...on the same page. it is about admitting that they didn't provide sufficient training to ensure that everyone is properly trained. Especially given all of the "enhancements" that have been or will be made to SHARES.

this is my favorite part!!! improved training??? for what??? we KNOW how to do our jobs, we just don't have the tools!!
put the blame on US again!!!
DoUgIe, do this entire airline and the customers we serve a favor and go to an AA meeting, ####!!
Geez, what he stated is what they should be doing in the first place. Better meals? I don't fly for the meals. Give the employees the proper equipment and pay. Make morale the first thing to improve. Some customers will overlook some of the other issues. It like what they teach you in safety training also applies to the business, you got to take care of yourself before helping others. US should take care of it in-house issues before tackling new ventures. Like in both cases, both wounded can't help or take care of another. Keep up the good work,US Employees! :)

Memo
Transatlantic Economy Class

* Better meals and snacks
* New leather seats (B757s and B767s)
* New LCD flat screens and digital media file servers for better video and audio entertainment (B757s and B767s)

Hmmm...I wonder if they means putting leather seats in the non-ATA 757s as well, so that atleast all TA 757s look the same?

BTW, how long has it been since hot towels were passed out in first?

Geez, what he stated is what they should be doing in the first place. Better meals? I don't fly for the meals. Give the employees the proper equipment and pay. Make morale the first thing to improve. Some customers will overlook some of the other issues. It like what they teach you in safety training also applies to the business, you got to take care of yourself before helping others. US should take care of it in-house issues before tackling new ventures. Like in both cases, both wounded can't help or take care of another. Keep up the good work,US Employees! :)
I think you understand the big picture, you should take PARKERS place, I bet you wouldn't even cost us 55,384 dollars a day. Doug is not woth any of that!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a joke, A-West management can't do one thing right, the're the embarassment of the industry led by an alcoholic CEO. Don't worry about a thing!!
Personally I think the criticism of Tempe does get out of hand at times, but many times it can be justified. The continual dredging up of Parker's incident serves NO PURPOSE but shows some people really enjoy another persons heartache. (I certainly do not condone DPs situation but it really isn't my place to broadcast it or comment on it). The Management Team in Tempe has made some serious blunders no doubt......and most importantly they have ADMITTED to them. I have looked at this operation objectively over the last several months and feel the time is long overdue that everyone needs to WORK TOGETHER, both East and West. Management needs to put the appropriate people in charge that KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING or seriously research things BEFORE they impliment them.

Personally I think the criticism of Tempe does get out of hand at times, but many times it can be justified. The continual dredging up of Parker's incident serves NO PURPOSE but shows some people really enjoy another persons heartache. (I certainly do not condone DPs situation but it really isn't my place to broadcast it or comment on it). The Management Team in Tempe has made some serious blunders no doubt......and most importantly they have ADMITTED to them. I have looked at this operation objectively over the last several months and feel the time is long overdue that everyone needs to WORK TOGETHER, both East and West. Management needs to put the appropriate people in charge that KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING or seriously research things BEFORE they impliment them.
You got to be kidding me, they admit nothing EVER till they piss of the passengers and employees to a point they can't deny then and only then do they sort of admit fault you need to read this board more from our frequent fliers. they get it. I agree with you on the rest but don't think it will ever happen now. You can't have good service without the tools, we have been telling them that for years.

While the service "enhancements" are a good thing, one has to wonder if they would have done any of it if they hadn't been pushed by customers and employees. I know that some of these initiatives were requested and discussed during our meeting, but there are others which I am sure they were pushed into doing by other groups.

That said, we have found a video of a town meeting in which Doug speaks in a very derogatory tone about CP's and about how in the back of his head WE are the cause of many of the problems (OK that is an oversimplification but he accuses us of always going after the cheapest fares). Boy has he got it wrong.

As far as the other enhancements, I think it's all potentially good but I will believe it when I see it.

You may have to add CP's and other Preferred flyers to the list of folks who will be giving Tempe grief in the near future.

<SNIP> That said, we have found a video of a town meeting in which Doug speaks in a very derogatory tone about CP's and about how in the back of his head WE are the cause of many of the problems (OK that is an oversimplification but he accuses us of always going after the cheapest fares).
Amazing.

Couple that with the fact that Doug has repeatedly stated that doing merger deals are really what interests him.

US is in big trouble with this guy in charge.

OK

To be fair, I was finally able to see the whole video, and I will be fair and retract PART of my last statement.

The meeting was a town hall in PHX almost a year ago, and it was West Res not INT asking the question. The agent was portraying CP's and Plats in a bad light saying we were rude and demanded waivers of the $100 change fee. Doug's response was more in line with the question, although he is misguided as to CP's always trying to book the lowest fares.

That said, we have a survey which will finish tomorrow--and if any FFOCUS members have not taken it yet I encourage you all to take it before tomorrow evening.

This is a perfect example of how some things can be taken out of context--I have been taken out of context a few times, and now so has Doug.

That said, I am not sure they get the overall value of the CP or PL flyer...MOre about that later.

While the service "enhancements" are a good thing, one has to wonder if they would have done any of it if they hadn't been pushed by customers and employees. I know that some of these initiatives were requested and discussed during our meeting, but there are others which I am sure they were pushed into doing by other groups.
It took a very strong letter from presidents of two very large unions James P. Hoffa and Larry Cohen ( CWA represents 700,000 IBT represents 1.4 million members ) plus countless union leadership expressing and speaking out about the problems and faults and proving it was not the agents fault. Revealing the real problems that sill exits is why we need a union voice

Amazing.

Couple that with the fact that Doug has repeatedly stated that doing merger deals are really what interests him.

US is in big trouble with this guy in charge.

Exactly!! That should have been the first clue that he has no interest what so ever in trying to make something of this company as a stand alone carrier! How sad! :down:

Latest posts