NEW! Rebecca's battle involving gluten intolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbreeze

Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Hi all,

A new development in Rebecca's battle is that she just joined an 8 yr study for Gluten intolerance, which researchers believe is related to the auto-immune gene which causes Diabetes. This study is being managed by the Barbara Davis Research Institue, along with the Children's Hospital, in Denver, where Rebecca participates in the research. She donates her blood 3-4 times each year and reports her bodily functions each day. I have not mentioned that she has gluten allergies in the past, just because the fund raiser has been focused on Diabetes until now. However, now she is on the front line with both diseases. So, if you have Diabetes, are gluten intolerant, or just have a big heart, pleace donate to her cause. Last year, thanks to many of you in my airline family, she raised about $11,500, which she got special recognition for. I can't tell you how encouraged she is in fighting this daily disease while receiving the support that you guys are responsible for...thx so much!.....it would be so cool to double that this year. At this point about $4,000 is where we are.

The 32 mile bike ride is August 18th, so there is still a little time.

A message from Rebecca:

Hey Everyone!

I want to say thank you for all of your support! I really appreciate all of your genorosity and thought. I feel like I have been called to fundraising and in a way, I think fundraising for Diabetes is my way of winning one of the many battles with this disease. For those of you who haven't donated, you still have plenty of time! The ride is on August 18, 2012 and I can't wait! We have already started training and preparing for another great ride. Every dollar is helpful and needed.Even if it is only a dollar, I will be greatful for your support. Your donations will go towards temporary relief from Diabetes as well as research for finding a cure. Thank you all so much for your time and consideration!
Rebecca

There are two ways to make a donation. Click on the link below and then click on the "sponsor me" button in red. The American Diabetes Association will email a receipt to you for your tax deduction in April.

http://main.diabetes...020&pg=personal

Or you can mail a check to Rebecca, made out to ADA at:

Rebecca Lynch
3224 Lymen St
Ft Collins, CO 80526

Thanks for supporting her!

breeze
USAirways pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.