Rebecca's Battle

mrbreeze

Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Hi Gang,

This is my 16 yr old daughter, Rebecca. She is a team Captain for this year's 32 mile bike ride as a fund raiser for the American Diabetes Association.

She is actively seeking a cure for Type 1 Diabetes, having been diagnosed with the disease at age 7, and fighting that daily battle. Also, she participates in studies and donates blood regularly for research at the Barbara Davis Diabetes Research Institute in Denver. So she is not sitting around, waiting for someone else to solve this puzzle, she is on the front line. It's kinda cool that while she is giving blood for research, two stories up at the Research Institute, mice are actually being used, trying to find a cure for this disease.

Last year was her first try at this kind of fund raiser. I am proud to say that mainly through donations from East and West pilots, she raised over $11,500......she was the second highest individual fund raiser in the state of Colorado. Thanks so much!!! Of course, USAir coprorate would not donate a penny. It just shows that the human spirit is alive and well.

If you would like to donate......and even $5 is much appreciated, you can click on the ADA link below, using a credit or debit card. If you use this method, ADA will email your tax deductable receipt to you. If you prefer, you can mail a check made out to ADA to the address below.

Thanks so much for your help.

breeze

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?px=5344560&fr_id=8020&pg=personal

Rebecca Lynch
3224 Lymen St
Ft Collins, CO 80526

Reactions: 4 people
Also, if you support this issue, please make a short comment in response, just to keep this page coming up here on Airline Forums, otherwise, it will drift off and not be displayed. :)

Breeze,

I'll be glad to donate. It's not an an East-West issue it's to support Rebbca's worthy cause. I applaud her efforts to help others.

Breeze,

I'll be glad to donate. It's not an an East-West issue it's to support Rebecca's worthy cause. I applaud her efforts to help others.

Is the edit feature available for iphone users? I would not have to duplicate my post if edit was an option.

Breeze,

I'll be glad to donate. It's not an an East-West issue it's to support Rebbca's worthy cause. I applaud her efforts to help others.

East,

You are right on the money.....it's an issue that is growing in this society and it needs to be stopped. Most people are not that familiar with what it's like to struggle with diabetes on a daily basis, along with the dangers involved. When Rebecca was 9 yrs old, she was literally dying in my arms at 4 am one night......not breathing and convulsing. With the grace of God, I was able to revive her and get her to the emergency room.

After an experience like, ya know, this job is not important.....it certainly changes your focus.

Thanks for your support!

breeze

Reactions: 2 people
East,

You are right on the money.....it's an issue that is growing in this society and it needs to be stopped. Most people are not that familiar with what it's like to struggle with diabetes on a daily basis, along with the dangers involved. When Rebecca was 9 yrs old, she was literally dying in my arms at 4 am one night......not breathing and convulsing. With the grace of God, I was able to revive her and get her to the emergency room.

After an experience like, ya know, this job is not important.....it certainly changes your focus.

Thanks for your support!

breeze

I see someone who has taken up a cause for the greater good. I applaud her efforts. This is a worthy diversion from our other problems.

Let her know, she has support and not to give up.

Internet high-five..EC

Breeze and I have had our disagreements. Perhaps Rebecca built a bridge between us in addition to helping those with diabetes.

At some point we will have to cross that bridge.

EC,

I am sure we will move on past all this someday, thanks.

Also, I am impressed......

AirlineForums.com just donated $200 to Rebecca's cause. THANKS GUYS!!!!!

breeze

Reactions: 3 people
Breeze,

I prefer to remain anonymous until we are sitting around the same camp fire shaing an adult beverage. Is there a mailing address? All I saw were credit card fields.

Let me know....Thanks

Reactions: 2 people
Breeze,

I prefer to remain anonymous until we are sitting around the same camp fire shaing an adult beverage. Is there a mailing address? All I saw were credit card fields.

Let me know....Thanks

I like that campfire idea :)

The address is just above the photo in the original post.......I will try and edit it so that it will be easier to see.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 person
BTW......

The Barbara Davis Diabetes Research Institue in Denver is one of the leading research facilities in the world. It was established in the 1970s by the wife of billionaire Marvin Davis, who died later in life from diabetes complications. :)

breeze

Go Rebecca! Breeze, I know you are one proud Papa and should be!

Thanks Brat,

Yes, I am proud.....she has had to mature early living with diabetes. She is also my best friend. :)

This airline family is something to be proud of......we have our differences, but we are still family. You guys make me proud!

thanks,
breeze

This is my son, Jake. He's 10 and was diagnosed with Type I when he was 15 months old. He's way too young to remember life before diabetes, but like Rebecca he just lives with it and doesn't let it get in the way. I wish I could take it from him, but that prayer will never be answered. Rebecca and Jake will live with Type I until there is a cure, and the only way to get to a cure is through funding. Please donate whatever you can.

Attachments

• Jake.gif
    Jake.gif
    52.4 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: 5 people

Latest posts