New routes to replace STL links?

mturpiz

Aug 22, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Does anyone know what routes are being added or increased from spoke cities which will feel STL cuts?

So far I''ve heard that LNK-ORD and MLI-ORD are coming from AA*, and that does make some sense since those two cities have nothing but STL flights from AA, and the alternative is to drop them completely. I''d also wonder if perhaps there are some additional frequencies to cities losing lots of lift...maybe another OMA-ORD to replace all those OMA-STL flights, etc.

On the other hand...the point of this isn''t to have a net-zero affect on capacity. So I''m sure many cities will simply have less AA brand capacity. But some will certainly increase, and if I recall correctly DFW and ORD have some net flight increase on 11/1.

Details, anyone?

Here are new routes that I have so far:

Miami-Indianapolis (1x M80)
Miami-Minneapolis (1x M80)

O''Hare-Bloomington, Ill. (4x ERJ)
O''Hare-Lincoln, Neb. (3x ERJ)
O''Hare-Little Rock, Ark. (4x ERJ)
O''Hare-Moline, Ill. (4x ERJ)
O''Hare-Sioux Falls, SD (4x ERJ)
O''Hare-Springfield, MO (4x ERJ)
O''Hare-Wichita, Kan. (3x ERJ)

Also, mainline to Eagle:
Miami-Pittsburgh from 3w Eagle to daily M80

O''Hare-Cleveland from 8x ERJ to 5x ERJ/3x M80

Mainline markets seeing additional frequency of service (+1 daily in almost every case):

Boston to Ft. Lauderdale

Dallas to Detroit, Hartford, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York City (JFK), Pittsburgh (+2)

Miami to Boston, Detroit, Dulles, Hartford, Montreal, Tampa

O''Hare to Boston

----------------
On 7/20/2003 4:27:33 PM MAH4546 wrote:

Here are new routes that I have so far:

Miami-Indianapolis (1x M80)
Miami-Minneapolis (1x M80)

O''Hare-Bloomington, Ill. (4x ERJ)
O''Hare-Lincoln, Neb. (3x ERJ)
O''Hare-Little Rock, Ark. (4x ERJ)
O''Hare-Moline, Ill. (4x ERJ)
O''Hare-Sioux Falls, SD (4x ERJ)
O''Hare-Springfield, MO (4x ERJ)
O''Hare-Wichita, Kan. (3x ERJ)

Also, mainline to Eagle:
Miami-Pittsburgh from 3w Eagle to daily M80

O''Hare-Cleveland from 8x ERJ to 5x ERJ/3x M80

Mainline markets seeing additional frequency of service (+1 daily in almost every case):

Boston to Ft. Lauderdale

Dallas to Detroit, Hartford, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York City (JFK), Pittsburgh (+2)

Miami to Boston, Detroit, Dulles, Hartford, Montreal, Tampa

O''Hare to Boston

----------------​

American is taking over all the Eagle flying! Who will be working on their planes? Why wasn''t this an issue with the TWU?

Just keeping the updates coming.

Dallas to Minneapolis

Also to note, not surprisingly, the bulk of the new services are being done with M80s currently calling St. Louis home.