NEw service from PIT to LAx and SFO

It's Official:

Press Release Source: United Airlines

United Airlines Welds Steel City to West Coast With Two New Destinations
On Wednesday April 29, 2009, 1:30 pm EDT

United adds daily service between Pittsburgh and both San Francisco and Los Angeles

Related Quotes
Symbol Price Change
UAUA 5.24 +0.19

Moderator note: The rest of the article/press release has been deleted. Posting more than a quote or two from a copyrighted article is not allowed under U.S. copyright law. Please post a "teaser" quote and a link to the rest of the article. Thank you.

United Airlines Welds Steel City to West Coast With Two New Destinations

Residents in the city of Three Rivers now have two new ways to reach the West Coast on United Airlines. Beginning September 2, United will offer daily service between Pittsburgh and United's hubs in San Francisco and Los Angeles.

"Our new trans-continental flights between Pittsburgh and the west coast ensure Pittsburgh residents have convenient, daily service across the country and one-stop connections to Asia," says Greg Kaldahl, vice president - Resource Planning. "With United now providing service between Pittsburgh and all five of our hubs across the U.S., our customers have numerous options for the best service that gets them where they need to go."

full story here

Doesnt say anything about US stopping its own flights.
I don't know why it would since it's a United press release. I'm pretty sure we'll see a Pitt. Gazette article soon that asks those questions with vague, non-comittal answers from the US spin machine.

But I also think this will be the perfect excuse for US to drop the routes with the excuse "there isn't any demand".....

Is it too early to start the 'your company sucks -vs- my company doesn't' while both companies rape us all?
Or is there some unspoken time period of discourse?
Just Checking... :)
B) xUT

hard to believe at one time us and TWA had nonstops to lax TWA L :rolleyes: 1011s 707s and us 727s ahh the past.

Don't you mean UA/CO? At least that's what the media believes, so it must be true.
CO has told UA they want to operate independently and only want to share facilities? I wouldn't call that a merger? On the other hand US/AW operate under one certificate which constitutes a merger i guess, yet the flt. crews are still not one?

Latest posts