New Service

Bizman

Advanced
Jan 20, 2003
2:52 PM CDT Monday

Continental applies to offer service to Libya

Houston-based Continental Airlines on Monday asked the U.S. government for permission to offer service to Libya, the day the U.S. formally ended trade sanctions against that country, according to a Reuters report.

From the star ledger today.

Bizman said:

Houston-based Continental Airlines on Monday asked the U.S. government for permission to offer service to Libya, the day the U.S. formally ended trade sanctions against that country, according to a Reuters report.
[post="182832"][/post]​

I've also heard CAL wants to fly CLE-AMS next year with a 757, it probably would do well with the KLM codeshare.

mrf777 said:
I've also heard CAL wants to fly CLE-AMS next year with a 757, it probably would do well with the KLM codeshare.
[post="182991"][/post]​

I also saw an article that identified CAL as on of two US airlines seeking permission to fly to Nigeria. Althought I don't know why?????

There is already a group of investors from the West Coast investing in a startup airline (767-300ER's) from either EWR, BWI, IAD to Lagos. Apparetly the oil companies are very interested in this route along with the excessive Nigerian population centers that make up the East Coast.

Oil would seem to be the main (traffic) motivator here. Speaking of which, does anyone know if World Air is still running charters out of IAH to Angola?

Now that must be a junior trip to fly. Where do you think the flight crew would go out to have a beer? YIKES!!

I'd think there'd be alot of traffic out of Houston. Although XOM and HAL probably take their own G-5's.

That was "years ago". Now you have to worry about every yahoo over there that has it out for Americans.

Here's my suggestion for all you girls who get stuck out there. Stick on the ol' airline issue Burka.....slap on a 5th or two to your thighs.....and have fun. Imagine, you can laugh at people, make faces at them, drink, roll your eyes, drink again, make ugly faces, omg...the list is endless of all the fun you can have. Best, you don't have to wear makeup, clothes, do your hair....omg, I wish we flew here. :huh:

Fly said:
Here's my suggestion for all you girls who get stuck out there. Stick on the ol' airline issue Burka.....slap on a 5th or two to your thighs.....and have fun. Imagine, you can laugh at people, make faces at them, drink, roll your eyes, drink again, make ugly faces, omg...the list is endless of all the fun you can have. Best, you don't have to wear makeup, clothes, do your hair....omg, I wish we flew here. :huh:
[post="183669"][/post]​

Fly,

LMAO :up: :up: :up:

Bizman said:

[post="182832"][/post]​

Continetal has not applied to fly to Libya. They have applied for codeshare authority, and will codeshare with KLM on AMS-TIP. American Airlines also applied for codeshare authority, with Swiss.

As for service to Lagos, it has been approved. Daily 767-200ER service, Newark-Lagos, starts in April 2005.

Apparently CO will also serve Berlin, Germany as of May 10th. Equipment is supposedly the B767-200ER.
There was also a brief article in the German daily 'Die Welt' a little while ago stating that CO plans to fly from EWR to Hamburg next year.

Latest posts

Back