New Southwest Terminal At Islip-macarthur Airport

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
I think I feel that new Southwest Airlines terminal should be open on August 8th when Southwest will launch first coast to coast nonstop from Islip to Las Vegas in the morning flight. I'm not 100 percent sure. Southwest will add new nonstop to Phoenix later because Phoenix at Sky Harbor Int'l Airport are now construction another new third south concourse (new extra 10 gates for Southwest Airlines) and it should be completed by January 2005. Southwest currently have 23 gates for two concourses in Phoenix then later will be total 33 gates and 3 concourses for over 200 daily flights. Be patience.

Here's more new pictures from Aviation Capital Management websites about build new $79 millions Southwest Airlines Terminal with new 4 jetway gates on the second floor level this summer plus when they will demolish existing old terminal on the first floor only to upgrade a new one concourse with additional 4 gates in coming soon then total will be 8 gates on Southwest Airlines terminal only at Islip-Long Island Macarthur Airport.

New food courts will be TGI Fridays, Maui Tacos, Ocean Bay Coffee Company, Irish Pub, A&W All American food, Mama Lombardi's Pizza, and Rapido's Fresh Food Fast on the second floor level.

Must seen pictures on website of:

Aviation Capital Management

I wish Southwest should add new nonstop cities from Islip to Phoenix, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Oakland and Raleigh-Durham this year or 2005. Or Which cities do you wish to add nonstop from Islip?

I agree that SWA may open on Aug 8. I feel they should open the terminal now. With record load factors this summer, I think the old terminal area has out lived its usefulness. During the morning rush or delays in the afternoon with storms.

Diamondbacks2004 said:
I think I feel that new Southwest Airlines terminal should be open on August 8th when Southwest will launch first coast to coast nonstop from Islip to Las Vegas in the morning flight.
Last time I checked LAS has no Ocean front coastline nor the whole state.

At least, I would say SWA has put there money where there mouth is. 70 Millions dollars for the new terminal shows that SWA knows that ISP is a place to make money. AA and US are completely clueless at how to make money at ISP and it shows why they are in desperate times near complete collapse.

Last time I checked LAS has no Ocean front coastline nor the whole state.
you see thats why these other top heavy airlines can't make it. They just can't think outside the box.
Just for future reference Las Vegas does have coastline and its at the Beach in Mandalay Bay. They even have surfing contests. LMAO

Aug 4th -- Be prepared to use the new Southwest Concourse @ ISP.
I walked through there tonight and let me tell you, it looks like it is worth the wait.
It's a lofty atmosphere that we will all appreciate.
Too bad I'm going to be on vacation for 10 days, I'm going to miss the opening. :D

Thanks for flying with us!!! Enjoy the new Southwest/ISP experience.