New UCLA media bias study out

You've never read any of your posts have you?

Yeah and I'm intrigued by Herman Cain, Chris Christie & now Rick Perry. To me Huntsman is Obama Lite. But at the end of the Day I'm going with Ron Paul or whomever the Libertarian Candidate is. I've been voting Libertarian since Ed Clark ran in 1980.

As to Presidents I feel were true leaders, I'm a fan of Clinton, Reagan & Kennedy although NONE were Libertarian. One of the HUGE problems with the Libertarian POV is it gets lumped in with Neo Fascist Conservative Republicans. Libertarian IMO are there own worst enemy. They glom on to the Republican Party because it is the least offensive of the two instead of working their assets off to grow the party that speaks for them 100% of the time.

If you ask most people some basic questions you'll find they overwhelmingly skew Libertarian right up until you cut their favorite program. Classic example is elimination of the personal income tax. Who wants to pay any tax? NO ONE really, so sure let's get rid of the personal income tax, GREAT IDEA!! Right? Great until they find out that no Income Tax means no Pell Grant or student loan program. That they would have to take the money they didn't give to the government and actually save up so pot head Billy could go to Podunk University.

We are a nation founded upon the notion that Individual Liberty is paramount and with that Liberty comes responsibility.

Yeah and I'm intrigued by Herman Cain, Chris Christie & now Rick Perry. To me Huntsman is Obama Lite. But at the end of the Day I'm going with Ron Paul or whomever the Libertarian Candidate is. I've been voting Libertarian since Ed Clark ran in 1980.

As to Presidents I feel were true leaders, I'm a fan of Clinton, Reagan & Kennedy although NONE were Libertarian. One of the HUGE problems with the Libertarian POV is it gets lumped in with Neo Fascist Conservative Republicans. Libertarian IMO are there own worst enemy. They glom on to the Republican Party because it is the least offensive of the two instead of working their assets off to grow the party that speaks for them 100% of the time.

If you ask most people some basic questions you'll find they overwhelmingly skew Libertarian right up until you cut their favorite program. Classic example is elimination of the personal income tax. Who wants to pay any tax? NO ONE really, so sure let's get rid of the personal income tax, GREAT IDEA!! Right? Great until they find out that no Income Tax means no Pell Grant or student loan program. That they would have to take the money they didn't give to the government and actually save up so pot head Billy could go to Podunk University.

We are a nation founded upon the notion that Individual Liberty is paramount and with that Liberty comes responsibility.

None of this has anything to do with my response but what ever.

Sure everyone belive in libertarians until they realize that reality will not conform to their belief system.

Sure everyone believes in libertarians until they realize that reality will not conform to their belief system.

The current reality of getting someone else to pay for you what you should pay yourself.

I've also often thought that a true progressive income tax would work OPPOSITE of the current one. With those who earn the least paying the highest percentage. This would encourage people to work hard in order to pay LESS in taxes.

It would never work because of the culture of something for nothing that started with FDR.

And this is why libertarians will never gain a foot hold. Tax the poor more to make them earn more? Makes less sense than screwing for virginity. Dumbest thing I have heard in a while but to each his own. It's a free country.

I personally find the idea of a society based on survival of the fittest revolting.

And this is why libertarians will never gain a foot hold. Tax the poor more to make them earn more? Makes less sense than screwing for virginity. Dumbest thing I have heard in a while but to each his own. It's a free country.

I personally find the idea of a society based on survival of the fittest revolting.

Yet another lie perpetrated by the Progressives.

Social Darwinism applies only to the Government. What's hard for you to grasp is the concept of faith since you have none. We are at worst a nation based upon Judeo-Christian morals values and ethics. The more money I have in my pocket, the more I can donate to charity. The charities I donate to are far more efficient then any government agency could hope to be.

Hell even Mitt Romney "Get's it" when he stated that any good or service you can find on Google is a good or service the federal government should not be involved in providing. This is not rocket science.

As to my comment regarding the tax system, it was something I have personally pondered. Not any official Libertarian platform.

Here's another one to ponder. Want to save Social Security? Start an ad campaign encouraging smoking. Smokers according to statistics die 3 to 5 years earlier than non smokers. This would totally alter the actuarial tables and SS would be solvent for a few extra years. Obviously this is a solution devoid of any level of compassion, but it is nonetheless accurate.

One of the things Freedom and Liberty allows you is the God given right to be stupid. That's what Freedom is. Dumb enough not to wear a seat belt and end up splattered all over the Interstate? Well we just eliminated a lifetime member of the Shallow End of the Gene Pool. This is good for Society. Back when they made wearing a seat belt a law they predicted that insurance rates would drop. Guess what? The law of unintended consequences reared it's ugly head and rates stayed the same or went up. WHY? because we had a huge uptick in survival, usually with severe leg injuries. Additionally in order to have Pain & Suffering Damages one must be alive. Corpses don't sue, victims do!

Cold? yeah, but this is yet another example of well meaning people creating more & bigger problems than the one they tried to stop.

Not sure what faith has to do with any thing. A woman got gang raped in a bar while people looked on and cheered. A guy got stabbed a while back trying to stop another crime According to the video tape several people walked by with out doing anything. A guy got run over in NYC and no one stopped to help him.

Pardon me if I do not have 'faith' in people doing the right thing.

Guess its a shock knowing where you'd quickly end up in that scenario......just sayin'.

Financially I am doing very well now. I do not have any concerns for my self. I have no children I have to worry about. My biggest concern is health. Even with insurance, the potential cost for a severe illness is quite disturbing. Besides, I have a way out of the US should things get too hairy here.

I feel most sorry for those who think everything is hunky dory.

Latest posts