New US Airways/American Paint Job

LOL!!!!!!

The point is: Horton is in charge as approved by Judge Lane subject to acceptance of the Creditors in due course.

Parker (and LCC as a whole) is up #### creek without a paddle if this merger doesn't happen.

Wings, would you be tearing out appliances and painting bedrooms of a house you haven't closed on, or even one that you haven't been approved for financing for?

Make peace with the fact that Horton will make a ton of money no matter what happens.

You crack me up.

A merger is Parkers intention. It hasn't happened yet. How I feel about Horton has absolutely NOTHING to do with LCC.

Take a look at the title of this thread.....

I'll ask again; Have I missed the merger announcement? Why hasn't the CEO of the New American Airlines introduced himself to us yet? Oh yea! Thats because there ain't one!

Horse <---> Cart

:lol:

personally I hope this merger never happens esp if you're an example of the workforce there

btw no one with even a third of a brain believes US won't survive without a merger with the mighty(though bankrupt) AA

You crack me up too.. Are you and the spouse getting that Bed & Breakfast ready to open when you bail out? You did say that you would leave if there were a merger, correct?

us would be just fine on its own as would aa but not for too long as their markets would erode.. ... a merger accrdng to richard anderson of dl said would be good for the industry that was in a paper not too long ago as for the paint job iv nothing worse than this particular job... i actually like the eagle top of the aa on the tail with the red white blue stripes down the fuselage

Let it go, lets see how the industry pans out. It might be good for all of us if it doesnt happen. Lets see what the rest of the industry does if it doesnt happen.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-18/q-and-a-original-american-airlines-designer-massimo-vignelli-on-the-redesigned-logo#r=nav-f-story

LOL!!!!!!

The point is: Horton is in charge as approved by Judge Lane subject to acceptance of the Creditors in due course.

Parker (and LCC as a whole) is up #### creek without a paddle if this merger doesn't happen.

Wings, would you be tearing out appliances and painting bedrooms of a house you haven't closed on, or even one that you haven't been approved for financing for?

Make peace with the fact that Horton will make a ton of money no matter what happens.

You crack me up.

A merger is Parkers intention. It hasn't happened yet. How I feel about Horton has absolutely NOTHING to do with LCC.

Take a look at the title of this thread.....

I'll ask again; Have I missed the merger announcement? Why hasn't the CEO of the New American Airlines introduced himself to us yet? Oh yea! Thats because there ain't one!

Horse <---> Cart

:lol:

I don't think you really comprehend how much Horton will make if he can emerge a stand alone and how important it is to him. You're assuming that he views money the same way you and I do, meaning the payout if merged should be enough.

Why do you think Delta supports the merger? I think it's because they are afraid of what American will do if they emerge with Horton at the helm. Flooding the marked with seats will destroy the industry. It will eventually put YOU right back in bankruptcy, but not before it hurts Delta and probably puts US in bankruptcy too. Maybe it's just a rouse to get workers like you on board with thoughts of quick upgrades and expansion. No one wants to take the risk.

Bean

Let it go, lets see how the industry pans out. It might be good for all of us if it doesnt happen. Lets see what the rest of the industry does if it doesnt happen.
As it is, it's just a big 'maybe' right now, anyways. There is no merger - - - yet.
Just like new order airframes - don't get excited until they are on the jetway.
Cheers.

People are still in denial if they don't think that the merger MUST happen. Parker has now sunk too deep in the merger quicksand, that merger is the only option. If you look at other failed merger attempts by Parker, this is either his Phoenix rising or swan song.

Merge. Or the truth will hurt and be brutal!

signals, if you go to www.justplanenews.com and click the ap article about us profits, in the article james baker an analyst for jp morgan says the profits show that us does not need a merger in a note to investors... the bigger question is what do the investors think and more importantly what does amr creditors want a big return it will be an interesting month to see what happens

Pepsi will be served on all flights.
AA_new_773_livery.jpg

signals, if you go to www.justplanenews.com and click the ap article about us profits, in the article james baker an analyst for jp morgan says the profits show that us does not need a merger in a note to investors... the bigger question is what do the investors think and more importantly what does amr creditors want a big return it will be an interesting month to see what happens

Jamie Baker is the same analyst who told his clients at JP Morgan in early November, 2011, that they need not fear a bankruptcy filing by AMR. A few weeks later, after AA filed its Ch 11 petition, he sent another note to his clients that began with three words: "We were wrong." That's right - He didn't tell his clients to dump AMR stock when they could. His opinion is really worth no more than yours or mine. Then he told everyone that AA would probably shrink by 10% in 2012 and that the other airlines would thrive because of it. AA ended up shrinking by about 1% in 2012, not by 10% as Jamie Baker had predicted.

That said, US reported big profits for 2012 and if Parker can avoid raising the pay of his pilots and FAs, he might be able to repeat the performance for a few more years as long as fuel prices stay reasonably stable and the economy doesn't tank.

Back