New Year Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy4u

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
I just think it''s a wonder how things change in this crazy industry. A year ago people were begging to get out of the JFK base and now it''s going wayy senior. The new Internatioal proffer of 85 went Wayyyy senior. What''s going on? In a world of airline turmoil, Why is it that so many people are transfering, or trying to transfer between bases? Nothing makes any sense anymore so how does one try to make future plans? I just talked to a friend of mine with DAL and she''s based out of DFW. They were just informed the base is going from 600+ F/A''s down to just over 150. Most are being displaced or forced into a leave ( Meaning without a union they will lose thier jobs ). With 2003 on the horizon, Does anyone have a new years prediction reguarding the airline industry? How about this one? I predict New York will become the new Senior base for AA! So much for ORD and DFW!
9.gif'']

I can't see how Delta's actions at DFW would be a prediction of what AA will do. DL isn't nearly the presence in DFW that AA is. But I'm surprised to hear about JFK going senior. As a STL person who spent 30 years at JFK I don't like to think of it going any more senior, since I'm waiting desperately to go back and senior is something I'll never be.

How are things at LGA? What seniority is off reserve now? How much to hold a transcon? Inquiring minds want to know...

MK

The RF 8050 HSEN function in SABRE shows that LGA reserve for december is 21400 ore or less. That would make it the most junior base in the system. From what I understand, based on LGA flight attendant feedback, the new relief system makes it quite easy to get transcons on your schedule.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/18/2002 9:17:29 PM s80dude wrote:

The RF 8050 HSEN function in SABRE shows that LGA reserve for december is 21400 ore or less. That would make it the most junior base in the system. From what I understand, based on LGA flight attendant feedback, the new relief system makes it quite easy to get transcons on your schedule.

----------------
[/blockquote]
Well as a fact I can tell you SABRE is wrong I am at 20700 and my seniority still is on reserve at LGA, also Transcons are not easy to get. This is based on experience because these transcons ( What few there are ) have to be first dropped, and then picked up. Seeing there are few trips dropped anywhere in the AA system, you are lucky to find anything. I can tell you for sure at over 3 years with AA you are still on reserve at LGA, and reserve now at JFK is easily 10yrs or more. So much for a junior base at AA. My guess is BOS now is the most junior.

Well, sounds better than the 30+ years it takes to be off DOMESTIC reserve in STL. It's also nice to know that unless your older than 36, it's mathematically IMPOSSIBLE to be an active TWA LLC f/a.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/18/2002 9:17:29 PM s80dude wrote:

The RF 8050 HSEN function in SABRE shows that LGA reserve for december is 21400 ore or less.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Tell me more about this RF 8050 HSEN function. I can't get it to work in DECS or RES. What is the format?

MK

It might only be available on the AA side of the partition, but what it does is give you the most senior seniority number for the person on the reserve list and back up reserve list for each base for each month:
RF 8050 HSEN

RF 8050 HSEN
FOLLOWING ARE THE HIGHEST PUBLISHED SENIORITY NUMBERS
BY BASE, OF THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS PLANNED TO BE ON RESERVE
OR ON THE RESERVE BACK-UP LIST FOR THE MONTH OF DECEMBER 2002
BOS - RSV

Status
Not open for further replies.