New York-Buffalo: Why so many cancellations?

birricoddo

Apr 3, 2011
Hi,

I'm going to have a trip on NYC for 8 days in May. I'd visit Niagara Falls.
I have to go with U.S. Airways round trip on the same day, perhaps taking a flight at 10 am NYC-Buffalo (flight 3770 ) and Buffalo-NYC fligh (flight 4097 )t at 8 pm.
I noticed as I was to book statistics on flight delays / time / deleted.
The percentage of flight delays and cancellations is really high.
I want to know why and if you advise me to this book the same flights.
I am especially worried in case of cancellation of the return flight, as I continue to visit New York City, where I have already booked my hotel.
What happens in case of cancellation? There is a re-booking the same day on a flight with another airline? Risk of spending the night at the airport?. What do you advise me to do?

Hi,

I'm going to have a trip on NYC for 8 days in May. I'd visit Niagara Falls.
I have to go with U.S. Airways round trip on the same day, perhaps taking a flight at 10 am NYC-Buffalo (flight 3770 ) and Buffalo-NYC fligh (flight 4097 )t at 8 pm.
I noticed as I was to book statistics on flight delays / time / deleted.
The percentage of flight delays and cancellations is really high.
I want to know why and if you advise me to this book the same flights.
I am especially worried in case of cancellation of the return flight, as I continue to visit New York City, where I have already booked my hotel.
What happens in case of cancellation? There is a re-booking the same day on a flight with another airline? Risk of spending the night at the airport?. What do you advise me to do?

travelling early in the day is always best... LGA used to be a great airport but they basically have ruined it with the numbers of RJ's.....

if the weather is bad you very well could be delayed... heck even if the weather is good it's an issue.

Reactions: 1 person
travelling early in the day is always best... LGA used to be a great airport but they basically have ruined it with the numbers of RJ's.....

if the weather is bad you very well could be delayed... heck even if the weather is good it's an issue.

????
What's your hint book or not?

????
What's your hint book or not?
Let me translate:

Go to BUF on the earliest flight possible - as the day progresses delays can get more numerous and longer. Return to LGA as early as possible - don't wait for the last flights for the same reason plus if a cancellation leaves you stuck in BUF you're on your own - airlines generally don't pay for a room if you're stuck at either the departure or destination airport.

I don't know specifically why those flights run late, but it's usually two factors - delays at LGA and weather. NYC has a lot of traffic when you combine the 3 airports and it takes very little for air traffic to start backing up leading to delays. The northeast has also had a pretty bad winter including at least one record snow fall.

Jim