Nlrb Rejects Amfa Cessna Bid

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
NLRB Rejects AMFA Cessna Bid

The National Labor Relations Board dismissed an attempt by the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) to establish a separate bargaining unit for nearly 400 Cessna workers at the company’s main manufacturing site in Wichita, KS. The board’s decision confirms the integrity of the established IAM bargaining unit at Cessna and slams the door on efforts by the non-AFL-CIO raider group to conduct a disruptive organizing campaign in the midst of contract negotiations. “The members of Local 774 at Cessna have a long history of unity and solidarity". “The board’s decision will allow members and representatives to focus exclusively on their upcoming contract negotiations with Cessna.†The latest bid by AMFA to disrupt an existing bargaining unit comes despite earlier rulings by the NLRB. In 1990, the NLRB rejected a similar effort to redraw craft and class lines that have long defined the workplace at Cessna. “AMFA routinely creates a destructive distraction wherever they appear,†declared IAM IP Tom Buffenbarger. “Their divisive organizing tactics are well known. Less well known is how AMFA's main man — Kevin McCormack— gets paid $650,000 a year for a reason: so the company can pocket even more.â€

( Kevin McCormick MAG makes over 800,000 a year from Amfa and is expected to to pocket 650,000 more from AA members if Amfa is successful to ever win an election.)

?????WHAT????? Amfa rejected (again)????????? I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread?????

by the non-AFL-CIO raider group to conduct a disruptive organizing campaign
HMMMMMM??? Sounds familiar!!! <_<

rejected a similar effort to redraw craft and class lines
Not amfa!!!!! :shock: :shock: But isn't that fraudulent behavior??????? :huh:

( Kevin McCormick MAG makes over 800,000 a year from Amfa and is expected to to pocket 650,000 more from AA members if Amfa is successful to ever win an election.)
Didn't McCormick say that he wasn't in it for the money a while back?????? I've still got that swamp land in Arizona I'll sell ya' too!!!!

twuer said:
?????WHAT????? Amfa rejected (again)????????? I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread?????

by the non-AFL-CIO raider group to conduct a disruptive organizing campaign
HMMMMMM??? Sounds familiar!!! <_<

rejected a similar effort to redraw craft and class lines
Not amfa!!!!! :shock: :shock: But isn't that fraudulent behavior??????? :huh:

Didn't McCormick say that he wasn't in it for the money a while back?????? I've still got that swamp land in Arizona I'll sell ya' too!!!!
LIKE I SAID, PLEASE START THAT twu CARD DRIVE SOMEWHERE!!!!

My guess is that the nlrb is a crooked as the nmb, they just got satan's daughter (Ms. hennessey) to contribute to the dishonesty.

NO VOTE? NO PEACE!!!!

Cessna?? Why don't they go for the twu?? Can't afford the concessions that come with them?? They will get the AMFA on the property sooner or later. History proves that!!!

Keep the Faith.........AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!

Bill said:
Careful what you wish for Hackman!!!!
WE ORGANIZE ON OUR OWN DIME BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IN OUR CAUSE.
YOU CAN'T EVEN FIND PEOPLE WHO WILL TAKE MONEY TO DO IT AT NW! NOW THAT IS SORRY!

Radman said:
WE ORGANIZE ON OUR OWN DIME BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IN OUR CAUSE.
YOU CAN'T EVEN FIND PEOPLE WHO WILL TAKE MONEY TO DO IT AT NW! NOW THAT IS SORRY!
You organize on your own dime because McCormick won't give you a nickel. Truth hurts, huh?

And just how much does the TWU pay for administration costs? MILLIONS I'm sure.
The Taj Mahal in NYC costs WAY more than McCormick makes.

Checking it Out said:
NLRB Rejects AMFA Cessna Bid

The board’s decision confirms the integrity of the established IAM bargaining unit at Cessna and slams the door on efforts by the non-AFL-CIO raider group to conduct a disruptive organizing campaign in the midst of contract negotiations.

“The members of Local 774 at Cessna have a long history of unity and solidarity".

The latest bid by AMFA to disrupt an existing bargaining unit comes despite earlier rulings by the NLRB.
I'm not sure who wrote this article but it looks like the the IAM side of the story. I'm one of the 400 or so workers who was hoping to have a chance to vote on my representation and this decision is very troubling to me. I am also very well informed on the so-called amfa side of the story.

To set a few things straight, in this situation AMFA is not "raiding"...IMO we are very low on the AMFA priority list. WE called amfa, they would not be here had we not asked for them so I dismiss the raider notion out of hand.

This is not quite over yet however, the way this was handled by the nlrb leaves the situation wide open to legal challange. A hearing had been granted and schedualed for Weds the 30th, and was cancelled on the 29th with no warning and no reason other than the request was to be denied.

The entire question to be answered at the hearing was to see if our job was enough different from the factory in order to be represented differently. For those that don't know we are the service center, Cessna repair station etc.

Today we were shown the letters sent to the nlrb by the IAM and one from the company. The IAM letter was typical blather, nothing important and nothing to sway the board. The letter from Cessna to the nlrb was very interesting, the basic jist was that we are exactly the same as the factory, do exactly the same job and are inherently interchangable with factory workers.

All of which is hardly the case, nevermind that we are not allowed to work on AC until they leave the factory and factory workers visa/versa (FAA says so) nevermind that over 80% (my estimate) of the factory workers are not qualified to work in an FBO type environment (starting with an A&P liceanse)

It doesn't take a genius to realize that factory work and FBO type work is completly different IMHO and it seems rediculus that this letter from the company would sway the nlrb so severly.

I thought the company was supposed to stay out of these things anyway????

I'm not sure what will happen next but I'd bet this isn't over. All we really want is a chance to be properly represented as the IAM has failed miserably and is currently down to less than 10% membership among those trying to seperate. This really has nothing to do with AMFA but everything to do with the IAM, I personally would vote for no representation before IAM representation. All the Cessna authorized service centers not located in Wichita are none union and they are doing just fine (bonuses and insurance for starters)

any opinions on if there is a craft and class line between the factory and us?? I think the line is clear.

I'd rather pay 10 McCormicks $8,000,000 a year than pay Scummy...I mean Sonny Hall a dime!

GO AMFA

As a native New Yorker, the only consolation, albeit a small one, in this whole TWU scAAm is that all you TWU goobers are being hood winked by a bunch of YANKEES up in New York City. :down:

TonyB said:
As a native New Yorker, the only consolation, albeit a small one, in this whole TWU scAAm is that all you TWU goobers are being hood winked by a bunch of YANKEES up in New York City. :down:
Like the one here, huh?

AMFA_National.jpg

Nightwatch, why don't you go back to TWU headquarters through these doors here...

Nightwatch said:
You organize on your own dime because McCormick won't give you a nickel. Truth hurts, huh?
I thought you had to have command of the English language before you started working at aa. I guess you just proved me wrong!!!