No concessions period! SFO mechanic

truth 101

May 23, 2020
I truly hope that the teamsters won’t be playing kirbys fantasy game! We’re is my pension ( made whole) they could not even do that! Pathetic and weak is being kind! Buckle up for those WEAK sheep in our UNION joining the crooks in MANAGMENT! No concessions NONE!!!

Think it could get any worse? We have the association a back room deal between the iam and the twu. The twu outnumbers the iam 3 to 1 and the iam runs the show! You can't make up, the twu literally bends over and watches!

Would love to see the details on the voluntary leave especially option B
Pm if you would, thanks!

I truly hope that the teamsters won’t be playing kirbys fantasy game! We’re is my pension ( made whole) they could not even do that! Pathetic and weak is being kind! Buckle up for those WEAK sheep in our UNION joining the crooks in MANAGMENT! No concessions NONE!!!

The vast majority I've spoke with have no interest in concessions - if cuts are necessary then the contract has language for RIF - use it

Reactions: swamt
US employees said the same thing back in the mid 2000's. The saying was, "The concession stand is closed." This virus situation is the worst ever, makes 9-11 pale in comparison. Back then US went thought chapter 22, chapter 11 twice in a span of a few years.
All airlines will have to scale down in size, drop some cities, routes, pare fleets and this will go on for quite some time.
Its been said live within your means, now its live below your means.
Cuts are inevitable both in the number of employees, benefits, planes and the scope clause will need to be adjusted.
Just my 2 cents worth.

US employees said the same thing back in the mid 2000's. The saying was, "The concession stand is closed." This virus situation is the worst ever, makes 9-11 pale in comparison. Back then US went thought chapter 22, chapter 11 twice in a span of a few years.
All airlines will have to scale down in size, drop some cities, routes, pare fleets and this will go on for quite some time.
Its been said live within your means, now its live below your means.
Cuts are inevitable both in the number of employees, benefits, planes and the scope clause will need to be adjusted.
Just my 2 cents worth.

NEVER...EVER...GIVE-BACK.

Got RIF language ???

Then G D it, USE it !!!

NEVER...EVER...GIVE-BACK.

Got RIF language ???

Then G D it, USE it !!!

I don't think some realize how serious the virus is and how much worse it will get. It's not just airlines but hotels, outdoor theme parks, car rentals, restaurants and may other businesses that will downsize or just go away.
People need to ask themselves, how far am I willing to go on insisting that all contracts be honored even though companies are hemorrhaging cash by the millions. It may take years before the virus is gotten under control. Even then, we will have to get used to the new normal way of living. The federal government is handing out hundreds of billions of dollars they don't have, people losing their homes, standing in line for food, do you really think it's not the course of wisdom to preserve jobs even if it means lower wages, cut in benefits. We cannot go by the way things were, those days are gone forever. Is having a job better than not having one? Something for all of us to seriously consider going forward.

I don't think some realize how serious the virus is and how much worse it will get. It's not just airlines but hotels, outdoor theme parks, car rentals, restaurants and may other businesses that will downsize or just go away.
People need to ask themselves, how far am I willing to go on insisting that all contracts be honored even though companies are hemorrhaging cash by the millions. It may take years before the virus is gotten under control. Even then, we will have to get used to the new normal way of living. The federal government is handing out hundreds of billions of dollars they don't have, people losing their homes, standing in line for food, do you really think it's not the course of wisdom to preserve jobs even if it means lower wages, cut in benefits. We cannot go by the way things were, those days are gone forever. Is having a job better than not having one? Something for all of us to seriously consider going forward.

Dash'.

You've made some valid points !

On the other hand, UA/AA/DL/WN/B6 are not simply going to dry-up and vanish. They will STILL operate.

" IF " I were a pilot, who got hired @ UA, The day I flew my first trip, I would be KEENLY AWARE that I was the MOST JUNIOR GUY, AND that " I " was highly susseptable to being the FIRST person to get furloughed. CASE CLOSED, PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!

Now fast forward to today where I find myself in the top 500,1000 or 5000 pilots. I would have paid MY DUES, therefore would NOT have to take on the Worry of those behind me !!!

This is exactly Why there's R I F language in my contract.

Dash'.

On the other hand, UA/AA/DL/WN/B6 are not simply going to dry-up and vanish. They will STILL operate.

" IF " I were a pilot, who got hired @ UA, The day I flew my first trip, I would be KEENLY AWARE that I was the MOST JUNIOR GUY, AND that " I " was highly susseptable to being the FIRST person to get furloughed. CASE CLOSED, PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!

Now fast forward to today where I find myself in the top 500,1000 or 5000 pilots. I would have paid MY DUES, therefore would NOT have to take on the Worry of those behind me !!!

"On the other hand, UA/AA/DL/WN/B6 are not simply going to dry-up and vanish. They will STILL operate." Yes they will but as much smaller operations. Airlines have parked thousands of planes and yet load factors are still way down and the virus is affecting more people. It will take years for passenger numbers to rise and even then, the airlines will still become smaller operations. Nothing of this magnitude has hit the airlines before, even 9-11 had a short effect on air travel.
Washington is scared and tries to minimize the virus with fake news and ignoring the problem. This is a worldwide problem that is still growing with no end in sight.
I encourage people to prepare by watching every dollar, put off large purchases, keep your cars for a longer period of time, learn home repair skills, etc. The federal money for rent assistance runs out the end of the month, many fear being evicted. It's not just the airlines, but hotels, theme parks, car rentals, restaurants, etc will be greatly affected.
I'm in my 70's and have never seen a situation like this.

"On the other hand, UA/AA/DL/WN/B6 are not simply going to dry-up and vanish. They will STILL operate." Yes they will but as much smaller operations. Airlines have parked thousands of planes and yet load factors are still way down and the virus is affecting more people. It will take years for passenger numbers to rise and even then, the airlines will still become smaller operations. Nothing of this magnitude has hit the airlines before, even 9-11 had a short effect on air travel.
Washington is scared and tries to minimize the virus with fake news and ignoring the problem. This is a worldwide problem that is still growing with no end in sight.
I encourage people to prepare by watching every dollar, put off large purchases, keep your cars for a longer period of time, learn home repair skills, etc. The federal money for rent assistance runs out the end of the month, many fear being evicted. It's not just the airlines, but hotels, theme parks, car rentals, restaurants, etc will be greatly affected.

Dash.

Again, I Agree with you !! But again, NO GIVE BACKS, EVER !!

Just to share some numbers of how small the airlines will get, Southwest just released the numbers of takers of retirement and leaves. 28% of employees will take perm. or temp leaves. 4400 will retire, 12,500 will be on one of the 6-12-18 month leaves and maybe even some on the month to month leave. This all equates to about 17,000 out of approx 61,000 employees will be out, reducing down to 44,000-45,000 employees remaining. Hope and pray this is enough to avoid any involuntary leaves @ Southwest...

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/e69ae67...17,000.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

United will come after the mechanics hard. Many of the lower senior mechanics will vote for pay cuts. The Teamsters will push it and they won’t put any protections for more cuts after. Once UA has cuts they will cut more people and the senior employees will still be there. Worry about the Teamsters as much as United. Just saying

Dash'.

Dash.

Again, I Agree with you !! But again, NO GIVE BACKS, EVER !!

Airways employees said the same thing, then with the stroke of the bankruptcy judges pen, many lost thousands in company stock retirement plans. Two related that one lost $75,000 and another lost $125,000. They would never make that up again in their lifetime. Don't think it can't happen again, this Covid situation dwarfs the chapter 11's of years ago.
All I am trying to say is get prepared now, the new normal is upon us and all need to deal with it and not think the old days will return. Several years ago during a financial news program at the beginning of the new year, the host asked the guest, a business analyst what she recommended for the viewers for the new year, she replied, it's been said to live within your means, I say live below your means.

Airways employees said the same thing, then with the stroke of the bankruptcy judges pen, many lost thousands in company stock retirement plans. Two related that one lost $75,000 and another lost $125,000. They would never make that up again in their lifetime. Don't think it can't happen again, this Covid situation dwarfs the chapter 11's of years ago.
All I am trying to say is get prepared now, the new normal is upon us and all need to deal with it and not think the old days will return. Several years ago during a financial news program at the beginning of the new year, the host asked the guest, a business analyst what she recommended for the viewers for the new year, she replied, it's been said to live within your means, I say live below your means.

And AGAIN, DASH', I agree to live with-in one's means.

UA will SHRINK for SURE !
But Again, IF you're a Pilot with seniority that could NOT be touched, UNLESS, UA closed-the-doors-for-good, NEVER, EVER give those Bas-****D's Back a friggin' PENNY !

UA is NOT going BK. WHY? because even though T-RUMP is going to get the ****-kicked-out-of-him in NOVEMBER, he's STUPID enough to think he'll win, and come-up with MORE $$$$ for the airlines, especially the Big 3, which will tide them over to President BIDEN's administration, where the PEOPLE will come FIRST, before the BIG BONUS Boys !!!