No retiree buddy passes?

RetiredGuy

Sep 25, 2011
After viewing the new pass privilege summary several months ago and noting then that retirees would still maintain buddy passes (companion pass eqivalent), I was shocked to see that now they have taken away that option for us. Even though we can do the enrolled friend (2 each), the flexibility of the companion pass was better (i.e. not being stuck with a choice for an entire year). I really don't understand the logic behind this change. Even with the anti-retiree sentiment I noted in the survey, how do regular buddy passes at a lower boarding priority impact an active employee? For you active employees remember, you too will be retired some day. This privilege was hard earned (just as many contract provisions were) and just like our pensions, now has been summarily dismissed. I don't know if this was a result of the survey or just the company flexing its muscles in a way that can't be countered, but it seems vindictive and unnessesary.

After viewing the new pass privilege summary several months ago and noting then that retirees would still maintain buddy passes (companion pass eqivalent), I was shocked to see that now they have taken away that option for us. Even though we can do the enrolled friend (2 each), the flexibility of the companion pass was better (i.e. not being stuck with a choice for an entire year). I really don't understand the logic behind this change. Even with the anti-retiree sentiment I noted in the survey, how do regular buddy passes at a lower boarding priority impact an active employee? For you active employees remember, you too will be retired some day. This privilege was hard earned (just as many contract provisions were) and just like our pensions, now has been summarily dismissed. I don't know if this was a result of the survey or just the company flexing its muscles in a way that can't be countered, but it seems vindictive and unnessesary.

Welcome to retirement 101...! Integrity, "we don't need no stinken' integrity!"

It's obvious to the majority of retiree's that the program was pre-determined and dished up like cold mush. Then rationalized by the bongus survey. Any other group with a modicom of clout would tell management where to place this misguided edict!

Welcome to retirement 101...! Integrity, "we don't need no stinken' integrity!"

It's obvious to the majority of retiree's that the program was pre-determined and dished up like cold mush. Then rationalized by the bongus survey. Any other group with a modicom of clout would tell management where to place this misguided edict!

Reactions: lasttoboard