NON EARLY OUT POSITIONS

wildirishrose

Advanced
Jan 1, 2006
Could someone please help me out? I just got a call from the transfer desk about an early out position at MCO airport. I have to let her know tuesday. My question is this, how do I find out where there might be vacancies for non early out positions? I really don't want to go from $17.00 PER HOUR TO 8.72? I've been furloughed for 3 years and don't have a clue. I read the CWA contract but am not sure if this is the only way to get back to the airport or not. I'd appreciate any info

Could someone please help me out? I just got a call from the transfer desk about an early out position at MCO airport. I have to let her know tuesday. My question is this, how do I find out where there might be vacancies for non early out positions? I really don't want to go from $17.00 PER HOUR TO 8.72? I've been furloughed for 3 years and don't have a clue. I read the CWA contract but am not sure if this is the only way to get back to the airport or not. I'd appreciate any info
http://district3.cwa-union.org/staff/page....itemID=27214834

Can anybody tell me if any of our airports have non early out vacancies either inside or out?

You all ready started a similar thread, why a new one?
Sorry, but I only got one response and my back is against the wall. My husband is in poor health and I have to make a decision by tommorrow to the transfer desk. I was hoping to get some more responses.

I would tell them to "Shove It" for $8.72 an hour for a ready to go trained employee such as yourself. You can bet that ANY opening they have will be a result of an Early Out if they can shave $9 an hour off your wage. Let them get a New hire and train them from square one for that wage. There are MANY places that you can get a job that will start your at or above $10 an hour. :blink:

The company will tell you or not, call your CWA local, but starting a new thread will not make you get more responses.

For Pete's sake, 700! Cut this poster some slack! She's obviously desperate for some information to make a life-altering decision. Can you not find a little compassion and with your connections find an answer for her?

Do a little research and in the spirit of union solidarity, help her!

Dea

It won't really answer your question, and I can't - different workgroup. But usairways.com has a list of openings. Just click on "About US Airways" then scroll down and click on "Career Opportunities" under the "Employment" banner. There's quite a list of openings listed under Customer Service-Airport as well as a few club openings.

Jim

BoeingBoy,

Thank you! You are always a classy guy!

Dea
Hey! What about 700? (Oh. I guess you answered that without putting it into words.)

And 700..... have you never repeated yourself? You know, like "Don't let the facts get in your way"
( along with your other rants) I understand wanting/needing to get information and not being able to get ANY from the company or from the union which is supposed to be working for you (mine was IAM). You try anyting you can think of, and you repeat yourself when desperate.

Good luck to you wildirishrose. Hope you are able to find out accurate info. If you are IAM, don't count on it.

I guess none of you can comprehend what you read.

I informed her to ask the company and/or contact the CWA reps, they are the ones who can find out or know the answers.

Just ignore Mr 7. Hopefully the CWA has the answers. Have several friends who were put in that situation, furloughed at the old rate of pay and called and offered a position at I believe $8.72hr. All turned down the offer, being told they would still be on the recall list for non early-out positions. But like it has been posted I doubt any of those will appear. Hopefully the CWA is on top of things and will keep the membership informed...unlike the IAM......

OK, 700, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Tone doesn't always come across in the written word. You often come across as crabby to me. I'm sure I come across as a ditz to you. Please, try to be a little kind to someone who is looking for answers. Most people on this board are very generous with sharing their advice and information.

Dea the Ditz