CWA early out and insurance question

EightySix

Advanced
Aug 24, 2002
Does anyone have the number to benefits where I can check on my health insurance? I took the early out from Pit res last June, kept the health insurance until this June 1st.. I got a statement of cancellation effective June 19th yet the company is sending me bills for June and July. I just want to make sure I don't get sent to a collection agency for not paying a bill I don't owe anything on. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone have the number to benefits where I can check on my health insurance? I took the early out from Pit res last June, kept the health insurance until this June 1st.. I got a statement of cancellation effective June 19th yet the company is sending me bills for June and July. I just want to make sure I don't get sent to a collection agency for not paying a bill I don't owe anything on. Any help would be appreciated.
Its 1-800-872-4780. They are open M-F 8am EDT. Try calling right around 8am to get through right away. I retired last July 1 and got billed this July also even though I replaced my medical. I called and they said they would correct it and my company coverage ended July 2. I asked about the sick payout and she said they didnt show that I had sent in my selection form designating if I wanted cash payout or to apply towards medical payments. I had sent it in but downloaded a copy from tne HUB and faxed it in on the 18th. I called yesterday and they still didnt show they had gotten it but you speak to a different branch than where you fax it. Apparently they had it from the start since i got my payout check yesterday. :)

Its 1-800-872-4780. They are open M-F 8am EDT. Try calling right around 8am to get through right away. I retired last July 1 and got billed this July also even though I replaced my medical. I called and they said they would correct it and my company coverage ended July 2. I asked about the sick payout and she said they didnt show that I had sent in my selection form designating if I wanted cash payout or to apply towards medical payments. I had sent it in but downloaded a copy from tne HUB and faxed it in on the 18th. I called yesterday and they still didnt show they had gotten it but you speak to a different branch than where you fax it. Apparently they had it from the start since i got my payout check yesterday. :)
Makes you glad that you left.?.I know I am. Time passes, but the right hand still doesn't know what the left hand has done. I only hope the new lcc USAirways will eventually get their act together so the employees don't have to suffer their incompetence.

Double check the addresses if you have to send anything by mail too. I sent something in a couple weeks ago and it went to Chesapeake, Va, now the form is showing Ocala, Fl. Not sure exactly whats up, but just double check before sending ANYTHING to any US Benefit department now and if you download something off TheHub its probably outdated anyway. (Yet no one can seem to get the right forms on the website!)
Still waiting for an email response (we'll contact you within 2 days) from back in May and now trying to get some info on other forms they were supposed to have sent over 2 weeks ago.. :rolleyes:

Double check the addresses if you have to send anything by mail too. I sent something in a couple weeks ago and it went to Chesapeake, Va, now the form is showing Ocala, Fl. Not sure exactly whats up, but just double check before sending ANYTHING to any US Benefit department now and if you download something off TheHub its probably outdated anyway. (Yet no one can seem to get the right forms on the website!)

I faxed it to the number the girl at benefits had given me. She said they dont always image things into your record so I'm assuming that's the case. They had the form but the phone people dont know about it. Well, Im pretty much done with sending/recieving anything from the company from now on, so now more worries.

Once you miss a payment the Insurance cancels automatically. No collection agency will be after you dont even need to give them a courtesy call.

Thanks, I talked to another former coworker who cancelled her insurance last year and is also still getting bills for it, according to the statement she owes 8 months worth! Apparently the billing is just automatic, doesn't have anything to do with your coverage.
It's is nice to have moved on to another employer, a different line of work, and more money and stability. I still miss my USAirways job, but it was always the friends working there and not the company that kept me there so long.
Take care everyone, and good luck with whatever you are doing now!

Good luck calling these people and getting through. Haven't heard from anyone who got an issue resolved. Know of a number who haven't.