NON EARLY OUT POSITIONS

Thank you everybody, I appreciate all of your responses. I have emailed my cwa rep but today is a holiday and I am hoping he will contact me before the transfer desk does asking for my answer. I used to work LAX and SNA and also res so I was hoping to get somne insight from you who are still working for the company and yes I AM desperate, and yes it IS life altering, but as we all know, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Thanks again and have a blessed day

FSS ousourced RAMP in cle-the lead walked off this morning!

28,yes you read it corectly, 28 new employees hired..

I'd tell them also to stick it!

The agents mentioned to call the station mgr at his comfy cushy home.

since he GOT his raise already, LET HIM Deal with it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

FSS ousourced RAMP in cle-the lead walked off this morning!

28,yes you read it corectly, 28 new employees hired..

I'd tell them also to stick it!
The agents mentioned to call the station mgr at his comfy cushy home.

since he GOT his raise already, LET HIM Deal with it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It is very sad to hear this...every time I take my daze off...someone else either quits or walks...FSS has done an awsome job considering what they make, how short they are, broken equipment...ect. They for the most part have worked their behinds off on my shifts...they make nothing for how hard they work. We need to get our own ramp (back) in here but I do not see that happening....:(
With the added HP flights...it is ruff...mail has been high, as is cargo, bag counts over the holiday were almost 190 for a 319...for the past 3 weeks I have heard them saying they were going to walk...they are burnt out....I see ruff times ahead...

Could someone please help me out? I just got a call from the transfer desk about an early out position at MCO airport. I have to let her know tuesday. My question is this, how do I find out where there might be vacancies for non early out positions? I really don't want to go from $17.00 PER HOUR TO 8.72? I've been furloughed for 3 years and don't have a clue. I read the CWA contract but am not sure if this is the only way to get back to the airport or not. I'd appreciate any info

I am still on recall from MCO, I have been furloughed from there for about four years and I have about 20 agents for full time to be recalled ahead of me..So I would say as far as Mco is concerned there is no way you will get a non EO position offered to you for that station..I did get another FL station FT position last year and it was a Non EO position, I think I just got lucky..But if I was you I would put in for every station you are willing to go and see what happens..Are you still working for US, if not I would find out how long you can be furloughed before your time runs out..I personally would not work for the 8 bucks an hour but that is me :down:

What is the phone number of the transfer desk ?? Does anybody know ?? thanks ....

What is the phone number of the transfer desk ?? Does anybody know ?? thanks...

wildirishrose, what did you end up doing? We recently had openings, but I believe they were all filled. We have a class ongoing this week. They kept saying we were overstaffed and wouldnt fill any (EO or non EO) positions and then all of a sudden when all 20 people left we were short handed. 13 people were recently hired. If you took something that you werent thrilled with, be sure to put your transfer in for something else as soon as you can. With the way things are changing on a daily basis, you never know what might open up.

wildirishrose, what did you end up doing? We recently had openings, but I believe they were all filled. We have a class ongoing this week. They kept saying we were overstaffed and wouldnt fill any (EO or non EO) positions and then all of a sudden when all 20 people left we were short handed. 13 people were recently hired. If you took something that you werent thrilled with, be sure to put your transfer in for something else as soon as you can. With the way things are changing on a daily basis, you never know what might open up.
Thank you for the info. I DID take the position. So they are getting a 22.00 an hour employee for 8.72 an hour with experience (I worked the gates and ato in LAX and SNA) and I'm getting some much needed insurance for myself and my family. I report for a 3 week training in Charlotte next Monday and I've already put in for Non Early Out positions. The personell manager told me she lost 1/3 of her staff to early outs last year. At least I'm a step closer:)