Non Reving Vs. Concessions

What's more imprtant?

• Flight Privileges.................................................

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Salary, vacation, healtcare costs, full sick pay......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hopeful said:
This poll asks a simple question:

What do you think is more important? Flight privileges or salary, vacation and healthcare costs.

Basically would you say f### the flight privileges and restore my pay and benefits and lower our healtchare contribution?
[post="260555"][/post]​

:eek: Who cares about flight privileges if you can't afford to do anything once (if) you get there!!! :down:

enough already said:
:eek: Who cares about flight privileges if you can't afford to do anything once (if) you get there!!! :down:
[post="260616"][/post]​

Amen!

I stopped non-reving a couple of years ago. The only time I find myself on AA is when I am deadheading or going to EPT's and then it is always stressful. I am lucky, the only places I go are RSW and DEN, both of which are served by Jetblue, I haven't paid more than $150 for a roundtrip ticket yet and the way they treat passengers are completely at odds with AA, they actually treat passengers like customers not a headache.

I was yelled at by an agent in DFW on my home from EPT's last month because she said my crew luggage was too big, I said it fit on the the way down, she wanted to know how much shopping I did there, I couldn't believe it, I boarded, of course my suitcase fit fine, she actually came on, hunted my down and made me show here where it was in an overhead and then got upset when I showed here. That is when I vowed I won't spend another dollar on AA for nonreving so as far as I'm concerned take them away because they aren't a benefit anymore and leave my pay alone. That is only my opinion so don't flame me.

Mike-BOS

meechy36 said:
I stopped non-reving a couple of years ago. The only time I find myself on AA is when I am deadheading or going to EPT's and then it is always stressful. I am lucky, the only places I go are RSW and DEN, both of which are served by Jetblue, I haven't paid more than $150 for a roundtrip ticket yet and the way they treat passengers are completely at odds with AA, they actually treat passengers like customers not a headache.

[post="260698"][/post]​

What a laugh! How much better can they treat you at JB that you'd rather pay $150 than fly free at AA? I'm sorry but I just took a nasty paycut and can't afford to fall for hyped up marketing. I choose free!

Well AAmech. Maybe you should have VOTED NO and fought for your wages and benefits instead of sucking down the cyannide laced TWU/AA KOOLAID!

AAmech said:
What a laugh! How much better can they treat you at JB that you'd rather pay $150 than fly free at AA? I'm sorry but I just took a nasty paycut and can't afford to fall for hyped up marketing. I choose free!
[post="260723"][/post]​

You know how much better they treat you for $150? They treat you great, if you've never tried them, you should, this is the way AA needs to be treating pax, and I'm not talking non revs either. I always tell my friends to fly JB or Song. After flying on a couple of other airlines, ours is an embarrasment from the moment you enter the terminal to the minute you leave. You know what you get on them that you don't get on AA, nice people all the way around, granted the flight attendants are kind of "Stepfordish" but I'll take that over indifferent anyday.

I don't consider it flying for free when the stress level is astronomical, or the cost of a hotel for the night when I get bumped yet again or renting a car with a one way surcharge, $150 bucks to save me hours isn't much to me. I like getting on in Boston and 3 hours later getting off, no connections, no getting yelled at because I have skis, not being treated like a leper because I am an employee and am using a supposed benefits.

So once again the question that was asked was, was I willing to give up non rev "benefits" instead of concessions and once again I'd say "YEAH"]

Oh, and by the way, I was one of the ones who voted NO to concessions the first time and wasn't swayed by the threat of BK, if we go BK oh well, I have a plan B. I stay because I like the other flight attendants and the flexiblitlity it offers but I am not financially dependant on AA anymore.

Mike-BOS

Some of you people are just too damn sensitive.

I non-rev all the time and in general 80-90% of the time everyone I meet is curtious and professional. I don't really expect a F/A to be super cheery on a 6AM flight New Year's morning after they got called in because of a sick call. I also don't expect special treatment when I'm trying to get out of DFW on a busy Friday evening.

Non-reving is very simple. Don't try to fly when the loads are high, don't ask for special treatment, wait until your name is called, and keep your mouth shut unless you absolutely have to speak and then speak in a polite & professional manner.

Oneflyer said:
Some of you people are just too damn sensitive.

I non-rev all the time and in general 80-90% of the time everyone I meet is curtious and professional. I don't really expect a F/A to be super cheery on a 6AM flight New Year's morning after they got called in because of a sick call. I also don't expect special treatment when I'm trying to get out of DFW on a busy Friday evening.

Non-reving is very simple. Don't try to fly when the loads are high, don't ask for special treatment, wait until your name is called, and keep your mouth shut unless you absolutely have to speak and then speak in a polite & professional manner.
[post="260773"][/post]​

Perhaps that is because you do not respond to the front-lines like you do on this board.

You just admitted in this post that you D.A.P. to avoid pissing off gate agents and F/As.

Probably a smart move.

I personally care to have AA MNTC look after my plane. I flown too many RSW trips this month with out-sourced MNTC and catering (USELESS).

The agents are Eagle too, and in a constant turnover situation.

I had a situation where pax were on a plane and they did not "re-open" the flight to correct it.

As a result, if something had happened, AA would have had no record of these pax being OB the flight. That is a legal situation.

JMHO,

Coop

Some of you have been complaining about non-reving; the hassles, the treatment, the full flights, etc. Some of you have legitimate complaints; I have experienced some of the same. But most of you are forgetting some very important facts. Loads are at record highs, employees are being asked to do more with less and the most important fact; non-rev travel is not a BENEFIT. That is correct it is not a BENEFIT. :shock: It is a privilege offered to you the employee. A quote from the “Trip Bookâ€￾:

“Welcome to the Travel Rules, Information and Privileges (TRIP) Book. Our travel policies and procedures are easy right here, exclusively online.
We're happy to be able to offer our employees and retirees and their guests pass and reduced rate air transportation privileges. We always refer to travel as a "privilege" since it is simply that - a wonderful privilege that we must treat with respect in order to preserve it. We must always remember that such a privilege carries with it certain responsibilities to ensure that we present ourselves as appropriate representatives of our company.

Employee travel is not a right of employment or a form of compensation. As with any policy, the Company reserves the right to change these privileges, in any way, if it is in the best interest of the organization or our employees and retirees.
Enjoy your flight!â€￾

Does that give anyone the right to be mistreated? NO! But remember that this is a privilege and everyone should treat it as so. My advise is to treat your co-workers and passengers with respect. Remember where you stand when you non-rev, be patient, and stay out of the way so those who are working the flight can do there job. B)