Northwest Ramp Agents in PDX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramper_in_las

Senior
Jul 13, 2004
Visit site
Never these two would did this kind of thing. I am totally flabbergasted! :shock:

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Two baggage handlers have been arrested on theft charges at Portland International Airport.

Bridgette Denise Bunnell, 43, of Molalla, was arrested Wednesday on eight counts of theft by receiving. Jose Trejo Romero, 46, of Vancouver, Wash., was arrested last week on charges of aggravated theft.

The workers are employed by Northwest Airlines.

The arrests are the result of a two-week investigation by Port of Portland Police. Some 200 items believed to have been stolen have been recovered, according to authorities. The items range from laptop computers and jewelry to handbags and clothing, Port of Portland officials said.

Port of Portland police said several passengers reported having expensive items stolen from their checked bags on a recent Northwest Airlines flight.

Passengers said Friday that the news has them thinking twice about airport security and what they leave in their bags.

Passengers at Portland International Airport said the last thing they worry about is someone stealing things out of their checked luggage.

"So far I've never had a problem so I continue to trust," said Fred Bean who was visiting Portland. "When I check my bag, my only concern is, is it going to get on the right plane not that anything is going to be removed from it."

But that's exactly what happened to some travelers on a recent Northwest Airlines flight.

"It's hard times and people are apt to do that, but it does surprise me that it's happening," Northwest Airlines passenger Pam Berg said.

Port of Portland police said the two baggage handlers stole about 200 items from checked luggage.

"I'd feel very violated just because somebody would be rifling through your belongings and taking out something. I mean, they had to search through it to find something valuable," Berg said.

Northwest Airlines officials wouldn't comment on the arrests, but police said they are cooperating with the investigation.

Meanwhile, passengers said they'll be rethinking the way they travel and will pack smarter.

"I don't travel with a lot of valuable items anyway, but if that became a problem, I would simply not put them in the luggage and carry them on my person," Bean said.

Travelers who believe they may have had baggage or items from baggage stolen are urged to contact Port police at 503-460-4747.

Two Baggage Handlers Arrested At PDX

Copyright 2009 by KPTV.com. All rights reserved.

It's probably the trickle down theory.
You get crapped on enough, you just gotta crap on someone else.

I suppose...

Still, I'm curious how this was pulled off... The bag room there isn't an easy place to get in/out of without being noticed. Also, there's a ton of traffic in there all day long.

This updated article says the Multnomah County prosecutor has dropped charges against one for lack of evidence...

I suppose...

Still, I'm curious how this was pulled off... The bag room there isn't an easy place to get in/out of without being noticed. Also, there's a ton of traffic in there all day long.

This updated article says the Multnomah County prosecutor has dropped charges against one for lack of evidence...

NW and WN moved into a new bag room in December and this all fits with the time frame. I think the port has put cameras everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.