Northwest To Stop Magazines To Cut Costs

Last year NWA was voted best North American carrier in Asia. Eventually everyone wins an award and this time it was UAL. United also wins the category for "World's Largest LCC

bigsky

North by Northwest said:
Not sure about Ual's entertainment in Econ. for Trans-pacific. (the Ual website is terrible for information) As for the OAG award...SKYTRAX has a vastly different ranking.[/b]

[post="276479"][/post]​

SKYTRAX rating of United 4 *'s for First, 3 *'s for Business and Economy
SKYTRAX rating of NW nothing for First (don't have it), 3 *'s for Business and Economy. So if you are saying that United sucks, then I'm safe to assume that Northwest does too? ;) SKYTRAX

fyi - have you ever flown United internationally? I've never flown NW internationally (although I flew them domestically once and they were fine), so I can't say if they are better or worse in that regard but your constant attacks as if United is a subpar airline compared to your beloved airline is getting a little old. So, I will cease comparing the two since it's obvious we'll never come to a meeting of minds anyway. I do know that even domestically, United has complimentary movies, audio and Ch 9. Does Northwest?

"but your constant attacks as if United is a subpar airline compared to your beloved airline is getting a little old. So, I will cease comparing the two since it's obvious we'll never come to a meeting of minds anyway. I do know that even domestically, United has complimentary movies, audio and Ch 9. Does Northwest?"

One thing that is consistant about a vast majority (not all) of Ual employees...they love to berate other airlines with their inferiortiy complex then claim it is them whom have lauded professional attacks. That is as old as Ual's MANY MANY requests for extensions for exiting bankruptcy (get rid of the movies and frills until you can pay your bills/ and employee obligations). Only then will you be able to prance around spewing your Ual braggadaccio.

No fly, Northwest does not have free movies domestically (and Ual shouldn't cause it CAN'T AFFORD them)...and Northwest is not, and has not been in BANKRUPTCY for going on THREE YEARS! Is United bankrupt? Does United intend to pay the vendors that have provided product and services? Reality and the truth can be painful sometimes. If Northwest was in the position of United Airlines the last thing I would be doing is running around telling other succesful carriers how inferior their operation and product was. The proof is in the numbers (revenue)...clearly Ual could learn a few things from Northwest.

SKYTRAX:

NORTHWEST

Cabin Safety Procedures **** 4stars

Business Class - long haul **** 4stars

Business Class - efficiency **** 4 stars

First Class - short haul ****4 stars

United

Cabin Safety Procedures **** 4 stars

Business Class - long haul **** 4stars

Business Class - efficiency *** 3 stars

First Class - short haul **** 4 stars

So, you see your rant about how superior Ual product and service is is simply in your dreams. Have a nice day.

Dude, you need to CHILL!!!!

Northwest's Ratings: Here

United's Ratings: Here

The proof is in the Stars! :up: :D Considering that YOU said the OAG award was not as important as the SKYTRAX, how is it that United received a 5 Star (that you conveniently neglected) and Northwest didn't receive any? Actually United beat Northwest on many points on the SKYTRAX awards. At least this way everyone can compare Apples to Apples. Keep it real man.

Don't count on United getting rid of the many complimentary amenities we offer.....that's how we are going to distinguish ourselves (actually how we already have since we now win the awards!) from the others. Good luck!

Don't count on United getting rid of the many complimentary amenities we offer.....that's how we are going to distinguish ourselves

You shouldn't get rid of 'em (get rid of employee pay and pensions instead). Ual already "distinguishes" itself ...as a BANKRUPT THIEF! If your pretty little OAG award makes you feel better having no low pay and no pension...have at it dearie. I suggest you take a reality pill fast.

So...you say Ual's International Biz class is superior in every way (snicker). Right, and Ual's RASM proves. Stop living in a dream world. Reality can be harsh...get used to it. :bleh:

"how is it that United received a 5 Star (that you conveniently neglected) [could it be BECAUSE NWA doesn't USE FC Sherlock]and Northwest didn't receive any? Actually United beat Northwest (that's news to SKYTRAX)on many points on the SKYTRAX awards"

North by Northwest said:
Don't count on United getting rid of the many complimentary amenities we offer.....that's how we are going to distinguish ourselves

You shouldn't get rid of 'em (get rid of employee pay and pensions instead). Ual already "distinguishes" itself ...as a BANKRUPT THIEF! If your pretty little OAG award makes you feel better having no low pay and no pension...have at it dearie. I suggest you take a reality pill fast.

So...you say Ual's International Biz class is superior in every way (snicker). Right, and Ual's RASM proves. Stop living in a dream world. Reality can be harsh...get used to it. :bleh:
[post="276614"][/post]​

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NxNW,
Relax. Save your energy, instead of wasteing it on a "nincompoop" :shock: , like fly.

In a short period of time, AA will be flying UAL(FORMER) Asian routes, and will be very happy being the #2 carrier behind the long time TRUE #1 airline acroos the "real big pond", BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

I know NHBB...It is just utterly ridiculous when folks from a failed carrier go prancing around telling others how magnificient and superior their bankrupt/ failed/ stolen from vendors/ operation and product is. If it was THAT great they wouldn't be bankrupt. :down:

Fly said:
Dude, you need to CHILL!!!!

Northwest's Ratings: Here
United's Ratings: Here
The proof is in the Stars! :up: :D Considering that YOU said the OAG award was not as important as the SKYTRAX, how is it that United received a 5 Star (that you conveniently neglected) and Northwest didn't receive any? Actually United beat Northwest on many points on the SKYTRAX awards. At least this way everyone can compare Apples to Apples. Keep it real man.

Don't count on United getting rid of the many complimentary amenities we offer.....that's how we are going to distinguish ourselves (actually how we already have since we now win the awards!) from the others. Good luck!
[post="276600"][/post]​

I love you FLY, but if those wonderful complimentary amenities stay, guess who will eventually pay for them? I promise you, management will cry to the judge that more labor cuts are needed AND he will give and YOU, love, will pay. <_<

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NxNW,
Relax. Save your energy, instead of wasteing it on a "nincompoop" :shock: , like fly.

In a short period of time, AA will be flying UAL(FORMER) Asian routes, and will be very happy being the #2 carrier behind the long time TRUE #1 airline acroos the "real big pond", BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's
[post="276618"][/post]​

:up: :up:

I'm still hoping that AA can find a way to "consolidate" with NW in case UAL doesn't cooperate and liquidate. :D

NW has a pretty nice Asian route structure. :D