US Airways Plane Headed to Vegas Diverted to Portland

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Port of Portland Police have not said if the passengers will face any charges.

A US Airways Airbus A320
Photo courtesy: US Airways

(PORTLAND, Ore.) - A US Airways flight from Seattle to Las Vegas was diverted to the Portland International Airport in Oregon Thursday afternoon.

A US Airways spokeswoman says the reason was a dispute between two passengers and flight attendants on the Airbus A320 jet. The disturbance caused the pilots of flight 1473 to divert to PDX.

Shortly after the plane landed at 4:55 PM, the two passengers were kicked off the plane.

The flight then took-off headed for Vegas at 5:44 PM and was scheduled to land around 7:36 PM.

A US Airways Airbus A320
Photo courtesy: US Airways

(PORTLAND, Ore.) - A US Airways flight from Seattle to Las Vegas was diverted to the Portland International Airport in Oregon Thursday afternoon.

A US Airways spokeswoman says the reason was a dispute between two passengers and flight attendants on the Airbus A320 jet. The disturbance caused the pilots of flight 1473 to divert to PDX.

Shortly after the plane landed at 4:55 PM, the two passengers were kicked off the plane.

The flight then took-off headed for Vegas at 5:44 PM and was scheduled to land around 7:36 PM.

I hope they face charges. The offenders were trying to join the mile hi club in the lavatory shortly after take off. They became belligerent when they were challenged and told to get out of the lavatory. Kudos to the crew for diverting and kicking those passengers off the plane. I'd love to see US Airways bill the couple for all the expenses incurred as a result of the diversion.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but arent there foreign carriers out there that have been known to go after customers for expenses incurred as of the result of their unruly/illegal behavior? I'd love to see domestic carriers adopt a similar policy.

Arrest them. There is a time and place for everything, this was neither the time nor the place. I

On a lighter note, who would want to do what they were doing, in a commercial airline lav anyways?? I have yet to go into a lav on any airline that is anything other than cramped, dirty and smelly.

Oh c'mon... let the two people do the hippity-dippity at the flight levels. Hell I can't even wind my watch in those lavs.

A Porta-Potty at the jobsite would be cleaner than a US lav.

he8cl2z.jpg

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but arent there foreign carriers out there that have been known to go after customers for expenses incurred as of the result of their unruly/illegal behavior? I'd love to see domestic carriers adopt a similar policy.

Ah, but this is the United States of America.

The couple will sue, and the company will settle with them for a huge sum out of court, to avoid any more negative publicity.

Regarding the Mile High Club thing, in the 15 years I was a FA for US I’ve never seen this type of activity. In fact, I don’t ever recall hearing about it, Charter Connie notwithstanding.

It seems like this is the type of thing that is appealing to a lower class of individual, the connoisseur of Juggs Magazine and chewing tobacco.

I expect to hear about more instances of this activity though, in Tempe’s race to the bottom.

Watch them take US to small claims court(just like the lady in St. Lucia) and win. Somehow this will all be our fault. And Piney, remember the idiot comment, here is another example.

Regarding the Mile High Club thing, in the 15 years I was a FA for US I’ve never seen this type of activity. In fact, I don’t ever recall hearing about it, Charter Connie notwithstanding.

It seems like this is the type of thing that is appealing to a lower class of individual, the connoisseur of Juggs Magazine and chewing tobacco.

I expect to hear about more instances of this activity though, in Tempe’s race to the bottom.

And who is Charter Connie? Sounds like the makings of a good story, do tell...... :p

Back