Today
it was bad...haven't seen that bad in awhile

mainline clt 50min crew delay....full load

express psa,mesa,mda

express to pit cancelled 37 pax full

express to phl cancelled 50 pax full

express to dca cancelled 72 pax full

express to phl cancelled 72 pax full

operations agt calls mda dispatch was told and I quote "half of the 170s are broke the other half we don't have crews for.....DEAL WITH IT"

nice thing to say.....

dude were going down....

Good Luck all....

Deal with it.

MDA is starting from scratch with a brand new aircraft type. Do you expect things to work flawlessly? PSA is doubling in size in less than 18 months. Both airlines are training hundreds of crew members. I can't think of any airline that has as aggressive delivery schedule as PSA.

You're not the only one busting your a$$. Think of how hard the instructors at PSA and MDA are working. Think about the human resources nightmare for both companies. Imagine what it is like for dispatch and crew scheduling to work with these crew shortages.

Put on a happy face. Do your best. Hope everything comes together in the end.

blue streak

I'll be sure to tell OUR passenagers your explanation

how stupid

either run the operation you promise the customer when you charge there

credit card....or don't fly the airline!

And I was dealing with it...
And all of my fellow Customer Service Agents were Dealing with it all day!

I told Customers all day long from 950am til 500pm
"I'm sorry your not going to start your vacation until tomorrow"

either delivery what you promise usairways express...or stop flying we us

Bluestreak said:
Deal with it.

MDA is starting from scratch with a brand new aircraft type. Do you expect things to work flawlessly? PSA is doubling in size in less than 18 months. Both airlines are training hundreds of crew members. I can't think of any airline that has as aggressive delivery schedule as PSA.

You're not the only one busting your a$$. Think of how hard the instructors at PSA and MDA are working. Think about the human resources nightmare for both companies. Imagine what it is like for dispatch and crew scheduling to work with these crew shortages.

Put on a happy face. Do your best. Hope everything comes together in the end.
how about this scenario, a fully loaded emb 170 had one mtc problem and was fixed in about an hr by the cockpit crew, then what was suppose to be an 1100a arr turned into a 1220arr and it left the gat instead of 1240 (about 50 minutes late) after the f/o had to fax his passport copy to mda in pit the plane taxied out to end of runway and aborted take off due to a fuel injection fuel pump problem. and we did all this at the top pay of 13.00 an hr at my expressed mainline city we dealt with it by transporting all of our clt and phl pax to phl all morning long and into the mid afternoon.

These sorts of problems are compounded by having so many separate organizations. There are fewer options available to pick up the slack.

i forgot to add that we did it with one ramp agent, one ramp lead, and the ops agent. the inside had roughly 5 to 7 people from the ticket counter to the gate the supervisor and even the station manager helped out. it was rought with one flight coming in and a quick turn on it. despite the dash being restricted to 34 and 39

Let me now say;

I'm sorry for my ranting...

But really...........

Mr. Lakefield ............is there no one held accountable for these operational

nightmares!!!!

Bluestreak,
every airline introduces new equipment but they have to do it seamlessly enough that passengers do not notice what is going on. Based on the report that Taylor made, I would set foot into a US gate area exactly one time before I swore them off for a good long time. Given that the summer travel season is already winding down, no airline can afford to alienate the frequent travelers that are its lifeline for the next 9 months other than holidays.

Taylor,
just curious. What percentage of passengers are you able to keep somewhere on the US system and what airline do you most often give your passengers to if you can't keep them on US? Finally, how does US handle rebooking for cancelled or delayed flights? (airport or res).

You have my sympathies.

Our station was at 100% load factor today. Oversold on all our flights. 4 flights cancelled (and we only have 10) resulting in a total of 290 people being bused to airports 2 and 4 hours away. One of these was only cancelled 50 minutes before departure. Most of these were tourists going home. Today was a perfect example why agent's should not take any sort of paycut whatsoever. During irregular ops agent's take abuse beyond belief.

WorldTravler
Of the 231 pax affected thru out the day on my shift...30-40 went on other
airlines, DL mostly some CO
forget UA there express are as worst as ours.

We had afew seats here and there....but mostly were for overnighted
at U's expense and send tomorrow.

If we only had a emb170 aval I rebooked pax on other airlines
I couldn't put those poor people thru that again.......

and thanks for asking and concern...

Latest posts

Back