NW ground workers stage impromptu rally on ramp at MSP...

"Ugh, honestly," a frustrated passenger said. "I'll say it is the wrong time of year to do it. What do they want? More money?"

Sadly, this mindset is quite prevalent throughout the country.

Saw this on tonight's news and I thought you all might find this interesting -
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S20174.html?cat=1
Looks like Scab Air workers are a little peeved!!!! Of course the iam International didn't do this, they don't have the stones.

I bet Dougie and his hench men will make it all better with some lies and false promises.

Maybe they should have walked when AMFA did? What goes around comes around.

Its not going to get any better, fly Scab Air at your own risk folks. ;)

http://www.iam143.org/Yes_It_Is_Our_Work_11-14-06.pdf

The iam finally admits it's a SCAB union. :down:

Could this be why the Scab Air iam boys and girls are sniveling on the MSP ramp??? :rolleyes:

Is Dougie no longer the iam buddy they thought he was??? :blink:

Company unionism at it's best. :p

Make a deal with the devil, and look what happens..... :unsure:

Should the iam have honored the AMFA strike??? :huh:

I guess the goin' around is finally comin' around. ;)

Looks like Scab Air workers are a little peeved!!!! Of course the iam International didn't do this, they don't have the stones.

They didn't have "the stones" to get the work in the first place. Remember, DePace was content to see it go to Prospect (or whoever). Only under the threat of a wildcat in DTW did he go in and crawl under Dougie's desk.

I bet Dougie and his hench men will make it all better with some lies and false promises.

Already starting....

Maybe they should have walked when AMFA did? What goes around comes around.

Yes and yes.

Oooooo...lets sit around on our butts for half an hour. That'll show em! What a joke...on the workers. Some kind of BIG work action guys. Again, any teeny little work action gets a little press and everyone goes home feeling like "I really showed them today". You guys want to make a splash in labor then do the hard stuff. Get another job and then tell them to take this job and shove it.
If you want a collective work action then do it right...walk out the door and go home. Call it sick or whatever but everyone has to do it.
Better yet...ride the wave of another union on the property and follow them out the door...Oh wait...that already happened and your message was loud and clear.

This whipsaw is not finished.
"ALL" Unions have capitulated and AMFA at NWA has been broken. There is no solidarity as all the rats are trying to eat the last bit of cheese and when the cheese is elusive, they will gnaw on each other.

The 'Cleaners' were mandated by the NMB to be covered under AMFA. Not a request by AMFA but a mandate by the NMB. After the AMFA strike, the iam gladly performed these duties (SCABBED) until it was outsourced.

Now it is an issue?

What is the issue?

Do not take the work from my union that scabbed the work from another union?

WTF? :wacko:

UT

When I heard that the IAM had a sit down I thought, "Great, its about time", when I found out it was really a reaction driven by their intense hatred of AMFA I was disappointed.

The IAMs hatred of AMFA stems from the fact that because the IAM failed to serve its members some of them opted to leave the IAM. I mean whats the big deal, all unions should be on the same side right? Its not as if they went into management. It seems that the IAM has no problems with that, the IAM is known for being liberal in allowing people to go in and out of management, but to go to another union seems to be the worst thing anyone could do in the IAM's eyes. The IAM took great pleasure in helping the company get rid of AMFA represented mechanics. Sickening.

If unions are what they claim they are then why is their so much intolerance? Why is it so wrong for a member to choose another union? How is this transgression so great that a union would resort to turning their members into scabs in order to exact revenge?

The answer lies in the fact that their type of "unionism" has nothing to do with unionism, its all about money.

The leaders of the IAM dont feel that they should be held accountable by the members. They feel that they own you. They feel they earned the positions they have now because of their loyalty to the officers who preceeded them and not because of their work in the cause of labor. There is no cause for them other than enriching themselves through the IAM. The IAM is more important than unionism to these people because its the IAM that provides them an escape from the drudgery of labor. They did not suck up for all those years to help labor, they did it to escape labor.When members start to expect them to act like labor leaders and leave the organization when they dont they consider them a threat to the IAM, and threats cause fear and fear causes hate.

Oooooo...lets sit around on our butts for half an hour. That'll show em! What a joke...on the workers. Some kind of BIG work action guys. Again, any teeny little work action gets a little press and everyone goes home feeling like "I really showed them today". You guys want to make a splash in labor then do the hard stuff. Get another job and then tell them to take this job and shove it.
If you want a collective work action then do it right...walk out the door and go home. Call it sick or whatever but everyone has to do it.
Better yet...ride the wave of another union on the property and follow them out the door...Oh wait...that already happened and your message was loud and clear.
Trying to lead another union off the cliff? It's pretty hard to sell a strike when the most recent one ended in such colossal failure for the union. Considering it's a union that is even easier to replace than mechanics, I think they're cautious strategy is well founded.

Thanks Beanie for weighing in.
QUOTE: Finman: Trying to lead another union off the cliff? It's pretty hard to sell a strike when the most recent one ended in such colossal failure for the union. Considering it's a union that is even easier to replace than mechanics, I think they're cautious strategy is well founded.(UNQUOTE)

My point is that some little "circle the wagons" action is meaningless. They are upset over losing something that they didn't even own until last year. More to the point, their actions are not going to do anything. Big talk requires Big action...I didn't go over a cliff when I left nwa...quite to the contrary Beanie, I feel liberated.

i'm a former TWU america west worker who is now IAM us airways ... and i think i am coming to understand how IAM plans to work in the future ... kill off every other union that you can and conslidate all the power for yourself , thereby allowing you to bargain with greater authority .... it's a very vicious plan hmmmm...

i'm a former TWU america west worker who is now IAM us airways ... and i think i am coming to understand how IAM plans to work in the future ... kill off every other union that you can and conslidate all the power for yourself , thereby allowing you to bargain with greater authority .... it's a very vicious plan hmmmm...
Well if thats what you are seeing then its only the IAMs response to what the TWU has been doing for the last twenty years.

The TWU has grown by giving companies discounted unionized labor, thus helping to drive IAM represented airlines out of business. Basically you have it backwards, its the TWU that is trying to gain dominance.

In the same period where the IAM has shrunk the TWU has grown, not through elections but through voluntary recognition by companies and growth of companies where the TWU was in place- fueled by discounted labor rates.

You have to understand the dynamics of having a company union in place. A unionized workforce is better off competing with a non-union workforce than one that has a company union like the TWU in place. When a non-union company and a union company compete the workers of the non-union company benifit from the gains made by the unionized workers. This happens because the employer knows that if his workers dont get comparable compensation they can get a representation election going with only 35% of the workers signing cards. However if they are competing with a company union the exact opposite happens, the employer who has to deal with the real union benifits from the concessions won by the employer with the company union. If an employer has a company union like the TWU in place not only is the threshold for an election higher, 50%+1, but most workers dont have anywhere to go, because unions within the AFL-CIO will not raid each other, even if the other union is a company union.

The IAM held out for a long time. They fought to maintain equity, compensation, refused tactics that would turn members against each other, refused to have members in the same company compete for work etc,etc and all they had to show for their efforts was a declining membership. Their downfall was their refusal to attack the TWU and the union busting agreements that the TWU was awarding to airlines that were competing with IAM represented airlines, mainly AMR.In fact a former AMR member of management, Jim Little, now occupies the top seat in the TWU.

The stupidity of the IAM is amazing. They are willing to turn their members into scabs in order to bust a Union that secured high wages for their members because many of the members of that union rejected the IAM but they stand side by side with the TWU despite the fact that the TWU took more IAM members than AMFA ever did.If the IAM tried to raid TWU represented carriers they would still probably win, if they had tried it twenty years ago when the TWU led the way with industry leading concessions such as B-scale, employee contributions to current and retiree medical, junior fleet service clerks etc, etc they would have won hands down. So after twenty years of being undermined by the TWU the IAM decides to be like the TWU instead of being like a union.

Back