NW to DUB and SNN

hmmmmm....
there was no charge for coach class before.

Not being "in the loop" anymore (thank GOD!!), we had heard that they were thinking about charging again. The $200 annual was supposed to cover this but nwa in the wisdom :down: has decided to make the front line employees suffer a little bit more. Just for the priviledge of working for a great legacy airline. Thanks Doug and little Andy.

That is correct, Don. Its a 50 dollar surcharge per traveler, paid at the time of registration, up to a max of 200 dollars.This is good for the calender year.

Correct (the exception being if you're using a "Summer Celebration" or "Skyteam" ticket).

We also pay about 17 dollars for coach per trip, and 30something for first class.

If you have over 5 years seniority, these fees don't apply. When they changed the policy they also added some things like improved ID20's and some sort of deal on positive space tickets.

Yeah it's true i asked... :p thats not too much to pay i suppose.. Whats all this chat of a NW/US merger, surely this is nonsense???

12:00 NWA091 BOSTON
13:00 NWA081 MINNEAPOLIS

On GLA screens yesterday, apparently in preparation for a winter start.

Gaz

Why Boston, now it seems DTW would be the obvious gateway since NW operates to mostly Europe from there. Expanding the Detroit hub would be consistent with NW previous strategy to Europe.

Yeah it's true i asked... :p thats not too much to pay i suppose..

$200 per year flat rate. $17 one-way per person for a family of four doing a round tripper $132. Total price of non-rev flying for vacation at nwa...$332...Knowing it used to be free to employees...priceless!

What is sad is that a perk enjoyed by airline employees is now gone. I don't know what the savings are to the airlines but I'll wager it costs more in lowered moral and lost productivity.

$200 per year flat rate. $17 one-way per person for a family of four doing a round tripper $132. Total price of non-rev flying for vacation at nwa...$332...Knowing it used to be free to employees...priceless!

What is sad is that a perk enjoyed by airline employees is now gone. I don't know what the savings are to the airlines but I'll wager it costs more in lowered moral and lost productivity.

Well that can sure add up!!, i cannot believe they charge there staff to non-rev... With the money gone they should at least leave the perks!!

Any news of NW to Ireland or anywhere else in Europe??