Obama says stimulus plan to kick in later this year

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
President Barack Obama said on Saturday more time was needed for his $787 billion stimulus package to work, predicting the spending would have a bigger impact on the economy later this year.

In an advanced text of his weekly radio speech, Obama said the stimulus plan approved by Congress and signed into law in mid-February "was not designed to work in four months -- it was designed to work over two years."

Right out of the Saul Alinsky playbook.....don't believe it? look it up.

Funny.....most of the bill was payback for political support not stimulus.

You can argue it creates jobs but we need critical infrastructure jobs to really stimulate.

President Barack Obama said on Saturday more time was needed for his $787 billion stimulus package to work, predicting the spending would have a bigger impact on the economy later this year.

In an advanced text of his weekly radio speech, Obama said the stimulus plan approved by Congress and signed into law in mid-February "was not designed to work in four months -- it was designed to work over two years."

The "designed to work over two years", must have been in the fine print but, since nobody read "The Stimulus Novel" does it really matter where the "over two years" was mentioned in it ? :down:

I think it is funny that people are asking for a second stimulus when only about 10% of the first stimulus package has been spent. They should focus on appropriately handling the rest of the first stimulus.

I think it is funny that people are asking for a second stimulus when only about 10% of the first stimulus package has been spent. They should focus on appropriately handling the rest of the first stimulus.
Spending money in the Federal Government is not easy. Everything has to be bid on. Minimum 3 bidders, all have to follow all federal safety, wage, discrimination laws, etc...

Contracts up for bid must be posted for a certain amount of time for all to see.

We the people get what we ask for. If you want it to be fair for all, this is the way it is. Every part of the award has to be meticulously documented. All this in the name of transparency. The public demands this. It drives up the price for everything the government buys or contract's out...

Anything done on a PR (Purchase Request...anything over $10,000) in the government takes a minimum of three months until a Notice To Proceed is given for the work.

I would look for large sums of the money to start leaving the books at about the 6 month mark.

Spending money in the Federal Government is not easy. Everything has to be bid on. Minimum 3 bidders, all have to follow all federal safety, wage, discrimination laws, etc...

Contracts up for bid must be posted for a certain amount of time for all to see.

We the people get what we ask for. If you want it to be fair for all, this is the way it is. Every part of the award has to be meticulously documented. All this in the name of transparency. The public demands this. It drives up the price for everything the government buys or contract's out...

Anything done on a PR (Purchase Request...anything over $10,000) in the government takes a minimum of three months until a Notice To Proceed is given for the work.

I would look for large sums of the money to start leaving the books at about the 6 month mark.

I have no doubt of the arduous process required to spend the money. But many in Congress are calling for a second stimulus because "the first stimulus hasn't worked." Well, when only 10% has been spent (and much of that on state Medicare payments that will show little, if any, results), then one shouldn't expect to see huge results yet... and certainly, one shouldn't use it as an excuse to push through a second stimulus.

And what does that have to do with the stimulus again? Obama already admitted this money went to fund local governments to help the union memberships from losing their jobs. The rest has been wasted on pet projects. Meanwhile unemployment keeps rising and Obama says we are track? What a joke.

Actually it is the second stim package...Bush launched the first.

The bulk of that money is targeted to be put out during the run up to the next election 2012.
That is blatantly wrong and should be stopped now and direct that money to basic core stimulus.

Obama already admitted this money went to fund local governments to help the union memberships from losing their jobs.

So the stimulus should only save non-union jobs? Please show me where he said he only wanted to save union members jobs and not non-union jobs.

The rest has been wasted on pet projects.
Opinion.

You have been proven to be a prevaricator of falsehoods over your time here, no matter what avatar you choose.

This time is no different.

Deleted by moderator

Latest posts