Oberstar Opposes DL-NW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vortilon--

I think you misread NxNW's statement... He/she was counting the real AMT's in with the sacrifices that all of us at NWA have made. The word "plus" meant "including."

"24,00 NWA emplyee jobs CHOPPED/PLUS some of the BEST AVIATION MECHANICS in the WORLD, all 4,000 PLUS of them! [some with 40 years of expertise]...for ANY airline. They kept me ALIVE for quite some time. 24,00 NWA emplyee jobs CHOPPED/[/b]PLUS [/b]some of the BEST AVIATION MECHANICS in the WORLD, all 4,000 PLUS of them! [some with 40 years of expertise]...for ANY airline. They kept me ALIVE for quite some time. "

Well, if that was the intent then I agree with NxNW. On another note, this mornings Mpls Star & Sickle had a little article about Commissar Jim Oberstar, and how he was going to fight tooth and nail to block any airline mergers - especially Delta & NWA. This whole deal is going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Well, if that was the intent then I agree with NxNW. On another note, this mornings Mpls Star & Sickle had a little article about Commissar Jim Oberstar, and how he was going to fight tooth and nail to block any airline mergers - especially Delta & NWA. This whole deal is going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Oberstar is a tool. He did nothing to help labor during the rape of pillage of NWA by Steenland and his ilk. :angry:

Oberstar is a tool. He did nothing to help labor during the rape of pillage of NWA by Steenland and his ilk. :angry:
Agree.
Now he's sing a different tune about the "best aviation mechanics in the world" losing their jobs?
What is it an election year? lol
TO LITTLE TO LATE buddy.
Fight tooth and nail a merger, what a j/o!
He needs to be replaced like the whole lot of them. Makes me sick! (where's the puking icon when you need it?)

Doesn't matter whether Oberstar opposes a NW merger or serves as head cheerleader; Congress doesn't approve or disapprove of mergers - the DoJ does.

Congressmen like to hold hearings and make everyone think they have enforcement powers, but that doesn't mean they have any power to deny approval to companies seeking to merge.

Doesn't matter whether Oberstar opposes a NW merger or serves as head cheerleader; Congress doesn't approve or disapprove of mergers - the DoJ does.

Congressmen like to hold hearings and make everyone think they have enforcement powers, but that doesn't mean they have any power to deny approval to companies seeking to merge.

Thats about what the article said; however, it also went on to say that Commissar Oberstar does have a lot of influence with the people that do make the decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.